What I'm listening to....

Supreme Cmdr

Or, better known as Home alone with the music on loud; real loud

MI:2 sound track: Favorite track, Injection

Pirates Of The Caribbean sound track: Favorite track, Will & Elizabeth

Bourne Supremacy sound track: Favorite track, To The Roof

Most played track today: To The Roof

ROFLMAO... my father was a NYC cop. He loved when I blasted NWA in the house.

Don't feel so bad, I'm pressing up against 34 myself. Oh joy.

I've been listening to some techno/trance it helps me when I write... Ready, Steady, Go from Collateral gets a lot of play as does Moby's Extreme Ways from the Bourne Soundtrack. I listen to a hell of a lot of new music because the latest batch of music has been really good. Usually though I'm back in time listening to The Cure, Depeche Mode, NIN and all the other alternative greats heheh.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

I've been listening to some techno/trance it helps me when I write...

In that case you may be interested in the NPR program 'Hearts of Space'. Very interesting and soothing music, normally broadcast late Saturday or Sunday on NPR.

Hearts of Space

• 1 month later...

May I link to a file in my webspace without being accused of file sharing?

Otherwise go to www.slaintemhath.com for a 30 sec preview of the third track.

But I would love for ya'll to hear the second track. You would have to open it from location instead of saving it though.

Guest Shingen

I've recently dug out all of my old KISS LPs and CDs.

KISS Alive really has to be one of the best live albums ever released. Love Gun and Hotter then Hell are also a couple of my favorite albums ever.

• 6 months later...

OK...ambient music,piano,Harold Budd.

Plus,similar to Harold Budd,Ruben Garcia.

Very soothing solo (for the most part) piano music.

Oh....Hearts of Space.

quote:

Originally posted by Gol_Stoan:

Lately I have been listening to Heart, Pink Floyd, Rush, and Jethro Tull. I was evidently born a decade too late.

Try two or three.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Gol_Stoan:

Lately I have been listening to Heart, Pink Floyd, Rush, and Jethro Tull. I was evidently born a decade too late.

Nice choices. Also, try YES and Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

By far, YES is my favorite outa all of em.

• 1 month later...

Judas Priest, Mot├Ârhead, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Rage,

I'll never forget the time I bought my first maiden disc (The X-factor) and though this isn't one of the best of their discs, I just love it.

Most Popular Style (Recent): Soft/Ambient Techno (Assorted Artists)

Most Popular Style (All-Time): Classic Rock (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Rush, Blue Oyester Cult, The Cult, Rob Zombie, Metallica, etc.)

I listen to a lot of different stuff. If I'm working on something, I generally play the techno. If I'm playing for fun then I play the Classic Rock.

[rant]

Also: I can't stand this new whiny crap punks call 'Rock' now a days... I may only be sixteen currently, but it just gives me a headache when I hear it. Why are these people constantly whining about how life 'sucks' instead of doing something about it?! >

I'm listening to the finnish group Wigwam right now. I'm going through all their material from '69 to present.

I was in their concert few weeks ago, it was a record release gig. The concert was great, their guitarist just blew my mind and the whole band was so relaxed and still full of power!

If you do some search (eg. Prog Archives) you'll find that few of their albums are highly internationally recognized. And no, it's not the Norvegian Eurovision candidate band ;-), but the one and only original WIGWAM!

Their latest release "Some Several Moons" is one of their best!

I love Iron maiden. I knew I missed actual records, because while contemplating buying the "Piece of Mind" disc (my favorite) I forgot what the backwards part says, but you can't play the disc backwards.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

I love Iron maiden. I knew I missed actual records, because while contemplating buying the "Piece of Mind" disc (my favorite) I forgot what the backwards part says, but you can't play the disc backwards.

heh, boy that brings back to memory playing Led Zeppelin's, Stairway to Heaven backwards

If you get the disc you can send me a recording of the song and I can reverse it for you, if you want.

"Woe to you, oh earth and sea,

for the devil sends the beast with wrath

because he knows the time ist short

let him, who has understanding

reckon the number of the beast,

for it is a human number

its number is 666"