LOST

Scrivener

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Fraxis: I noticed that light won over dark in the game. seems interesting that Charilie also was revived... maybe this ethan is part of the "dark" faction on the island? and the game is representative of the events on the island?

You are touching the surface. Think deeper. It wasn't that just "light" prevailed, it was "how" light prevailed....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck? Walt said his stepdad called him the luckiest person he ever saw. He beat Hurley who was a more experienced player, by WILLING a double six roll. Jack WILLED Charley back to life, By will alone. The more I waech this show the more I am reminded of the Shore Leave episode of Star Trek, where they took shore leave on a planet that made real any thought or wish by an inhabitant. Am I close Frax? How is Walt linked to this? He was the one reading the comic when the polar bear showed up as well.

Err.....say what?

Apparently not.

What 'Other man' ?

Oh....I see....the other man not on the flight roster?

Lets see, Hurley announced that on episode...the one before the last.At the very end.

[ 12-20-2004, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Then again...

You should know better than to leave your sentences to be completed by the likes of us.

What about Boon's hallucination? Stress from Locke tying him up? Locke hitting him on the head? The stuff Locke put on his head? That he should let go of his "sister" I understand. At least I understand it on the surface from what they showed us.

The monster only appears when people are at their darkest hour?

Lot's of storytelling left.

• 4 weeks later...

What's his name dropped it when he lunged forward to grab that fool who got killed. Remember, he wanted him taken alive, so he had the gun in his waist; and it just dropped and Charlie saw it drop.

For some reason. I'm drawing a blank on the names this morning. Weird.

Now we have no less than five 9mm and approx 100 rounds of ammo on the island. Now this could get interesting.

What puzzles me in the last few episodes is how come nobody realizes yet - or questions the possibility - that Nathan (aha!!! its call coming back now; must be the shot of coffee I just injected) could be one of the others that the French lady who Sayid met, spoke off. So far, no mention of this possibility; yet, they all know that Nathan wasn't even on the plane. Which begs the question: was he born on the island? That would make sense, since apparently there are people stranded on that island for a long time. Though this isn't plausible, since Nathan can speak perfect English, wears clothes that fit etc.

quote:

What puzzles me in the last few episodes is how come nobody realizes yet - or questions the possibility - that Nathan (aha!!! its call coming back now; must be the shot of coffee I just injected) could be one of the others that the French lady who Sayid met, spoke off.

Yeah,and what about that hatch in the ground?

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Once again i will introduce my Shore Leave theory, you know the ST episode where Kirk gets beat up by Finegan? The Hatch is an entrance to the control room(?)

Definitely one of the better ST's, but LOST seems to be more subtle.

• 2 weeks later...

Yah.....I was kinda thinking Walt burned up the raft,but not verified until Locke approached him.

'A chance to start over'. I guess that pretty much sums up all of the survivors lives.

Oh yeah...neat how slowly...but surely....it is revealed how the survivors had previous contact with each other.

Might be interesting next week.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

[qb] It was Locke who beaned Sayid on the head. He has his legs back and doesn't want to lose them. Locke "has seen the the heart of the island" and knows what's up.

Yeah, right. And you know this how?

Just a guess. Locke is always running around the jungle. He had opportunity. Doesn't mean he actually did do it. I'll gladly be wrong.
Chavik was correct after all.

There's a 'ton' of video over at ABC.

Click on 'Lost the Journey' for the complete show,plus several episode 'recaps'.

For those who can't get the show,or who havent seen it yet.

Looks like you have to watch a commercial or two.

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

I'm working on a theory. I retract my earlier agreement in reference to everyone being dead.

This is a reoccuring theme in SF novels / short stories.My personal favorite is Philip K Dick's 'A Maze of Death'.

Basically I think the survivors of the plane plane crash are in a computer simulated environment,possibly as a result of deep sleep hybernation in a interstellar voyage or other simulation.

In this case the 'island' is the computer, in total (or maybe not so total) charge of whats is going on.The reference to 16 years could be to a disaster of some type that required survivors to enter deep sleep to survive.

Since Locke and Jack seem to be the leaders, maybe they are the leaders on the ship as well.

Well, just an idea and admittedly not totally fleshed out.Guess we won't know for sure until the last show.

Sorry,after seeing the hatch,I'm sticking with my original theory.

Plus, after the ABC 20/20 special, and realizing the writers LOVE the 'Twilight Zone',one of them must also be a 'Philip K Dick' enthusiast.