New Fall 2002 Shows

Supreme Cmdr

Hey you heard the big guy. Post on my "What's Your Favorite ?" thread. We've been discussing SAAB extensively over there. BTW SC what did you think of the second 'Fastlane' ? Hot chicks and fast cars gets me everytime.However they could do less slo-mo for my taste. And speaking of hot OMG did anyone see Enterprise last night? The behind the sheet dressing scene with T'Pol was off the hook! I know it is gratuitous but it does add to what was already an interesting show. I mean the Vulcans invented velcro? How cool is that?

Yeah, the second Fastlane was ok

Last night I caught the season premiere of CSI. Nothing Earth shattering though. I caught Without A Trace afterwards (also by Bruckheimer) and it was quite good.

While I was waiting for CSI to start, I caught Scrubbs. I watch is every now and then if it happens to be on. But last night I caught the begininning and watched the whole thing (8.30pm - 9pm) and it was hilarious as the other snippets I had seen. Too bad its not getting that much publicity.

Couldn't agree more. It is funny every week and while it is overlooked , it is IMO laugh for laugh

better than some of the established (read old)comedies like Frasier and Raymond. I also think Malcolm in the Middle is consistently a very funny show that "gets no pub"

quote:

Also, McQueen rocked. Remember Chiggie von Ricktophen? That episode rocked....

you mean where Cooper Hawk was by himself in a swamp and "almost" befriended a Chig? traded pictures of family.

back to topic: Boomtown...4/10....it seemed quite interesting in the beginning (it is an interesting thingy there doing) then it just went downhill...either both those detective actors are really bad...there lines are bad or both...but they were bad...specially the white one whos hair sticks up at the centre of his head

That scene with the white detective guy (dont know his name) on the cellphone to a family member, while chasing the suspect with his gun was terrible...apparantly a week ago his wife tried to kill herself and his sister in law calls him when she's acting up...

only the two uniformed cops seemed believable...

Saw Robbery Homicide and thought it was very good.

If Fastlane is McG's take on Miami Vice , this is Micheal Mann's answer. Smart,funny without being lowbrow and a good cast made up of some talented character actors , I really enjoyed it. 8/10.

On the other hand I found CSI MIami nearly unwatchable. I really don't like David Caruso I hope it gets better and I will watch again to see if it does.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

did anyone else see Boomtown...?

SC was it just me or were most of the actors pretty bad...

No, its not just you. It didn't fit the hype. We'll see what the next installment brings. Me? I'm waiting for 24 which is out on 10/29!!

Did anyone catch Firefly last night? Man, it was hilarious!! It does seem to be getting better and better. Joss is really a genius.

As always, John Doe was frigging great and Tom Sizemore proves once again that he does fit the profiles of the characters he plays. Last night's Robbery Homicide Division was exceptional Michael Mann. In fact, tonite I'm gonna whip out my Heat DVD and watch it as loud as I can cuz I'm HOME ALONE!!!! wooohooo!!!

Here are some John Doe resources I found. I hope it takes off like The X-Files.

Also, I just found out that Dominic Purcell was in MI:2!?!? Now am gonna go watch it because I clearly don't remember him being in it (as a nemesis no less!)

Fan site with some BIO and an ET interview

Fox Forums

[ 10-05-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Did anyone catch Firefly last night? Man, it was hilarious!! It does seem to be getting better and better.

Yup, just cheesy enough to be total fun.

I like John Doe as well. Very good. Definitely getting an X-file feel with mysterious nasties floating about.

Last night while I was prancing around waiting to catch Alias, I happened to come across the season premiere of Bram and Alice. It was absolutely hilarious. Quite good that. Gonna try and catch it when I can.

Definitely looking forward to catching Birds Of Prey this week. It looks interesting. But man, Alias is getting better and better - especially now that Lena Olin* has joined the cast as Sydney's (Jeniffer Garner) estranged mom (and ex-Soviet assassin).

* You probably saw her as the psycho femme fatale opposite Gary Oldman in Romeo Is Bleeding - excellent flick, that.

[ 10-07-2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Working my ass off I was at the office preparing for our liscensing visit and missed Alias , the Sopranos

and everything else. How about a review somebody?

BTW what did you think of the Andromeda season premier? Ditto Mutant X ..

PS SC you have great taste in films Romeo is Bleeding is a classic!

Everwood; On The WB network:

I don't know. I'm kinda iffy on this. Seems like a mix of 7th Heaven, Northern Exposure, and that movie Doc Hollywood with Michael J Fox.

It's decent enough but mixing angst with humor puts a weird edge on the whole thing.

My .02 galcreds:

Firefly looks good, I suspect they will have some late season reason for arming the ship. CSI: Miami is pretty good, in no small part due to the scantily clad Kim Delany. I sincerely miss Space Above and beyond, that was heartbreaking to see it go, especially as it was getting interesting. I also miss my Dark Angel, truly sad to see it hit the trash bin.

[ 10-07-2002, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: HiPingScoba ]

quote:

Originally posted by HiPingScoba:

Birds of Prey was pretty suave, if a little excessive with the computer animation. Is 'metahuman' DC speak for mutant? Was Catwoman herself one in the comics or just the movies?

Last time I saw Metahuman used it was Shadowrun roleplaying game, Metahuman basically means Altered human so yes it could be used to describe mutants.

quote:

Originally posted by HiPingScoba:

Birds of Prey was pretty suave, if a little excessive with the computer animation. Is 'metahuman' DC speak for mutant? Was Catwoman herself one in the comics or just the movies?

I was bored with Birds Of Prey, so I kept switching back and/forth between that and Van Damme's The Order on USA. Yes, that bored.