Night in front of the TV - What I'm watching/taping

Supreme Cmdr

I currently watch/tape these religiously. Usually I watch my taped movies on Sat/Sun mornings lying on the futon in my study.

Scrubs (freaking hilarious!)

Hack

The Agency

Firefly

John Doe

Robbery Homicide Division

Without A Trace

Law & Order

Law & Order : SVU

Law & Order : CI

Fastlane (ok, its fluff - but its fun)

Monk (whenever I can frigging find who is showing it)

CSI (I don't like the Miami rendition)

[ 12-08-2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I watch or tape the following a lot:

1. Stargate SG-1 - (Looking forward to the new season in January)

2. Mail Call - (Pretty good for us military vets)

3. Enterprise

4. That 70s Show

5. Malcom In The Middle

6. Grounded For Life

Been meaning to watch Firefly...haven't had the chance yet...it looks good though.

Monday: 7Th Heaven and Everwood.

Tuesday: nothing I like is on. If desparate I will watch Smallville. But that's a Buffy clone.

Wednesday: Enterprise then Amazing Race

Thursday: Survivor

Friday: Firefly and John Doe then taped shows

My mom actually tapes Amazing Race and Survivor for a friend of hers. Mom has cable and her friend doesn't. After the friend gets through with the tape I get it. I have a standing "date" with a friend on Friday nights. We watch Firefly and John Doe then pop in the tape of Race and Survivor. She can't get those stations at all where she lives. Then if really feeling froggy we'll watch the movie I rented.

{edit in]

Oh, Saturday I try to get up at 6:00 AM to watch Yugi-oh. Pokemon and Mucha Lucha don't appeal to me so I get on the net. Then at 10:00 I watch the second Yugi-oh then X-Men. Then I flip channels and watch Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd (?) century (they cloned him and Watson is a cyborg).

Sunday: I like Angel and Charmed.

[ 12-07-2002, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

Let's see... Normally, I watch the following:

24 on Tuesday -- Bought the 1st Season on DVD -- Probably will Season 2

Enterprise on Wednesday

StarGate SG-1 on Fridays

Unsolved Mysteries (daily on LifeTime -- Remember, I have a BattleCrusier, and I know how to use it -- no comments desired)

CMA Awards pre-empt whatever else is showing

Re-Runs of old cop/detective shows, such as Columbo, Rockford Files, etc.

Law & Order (any version)

Star Trek Whatever

The occasional Spagheti Western*

That's about it, not counting the MOVIES I watch because there isn't normally anything on TV....

* Note -- I really love John Wayne's The Alamo. Cool movie. Especially the extra's, and its alleged choreography....

I asked my grandmother back in the 70's, when we watched it, "Grandma, did they have tennis shoes back then?"

She answered, "No, child, they didn't. But what caught my eye were those bright-red LED watches that everyone was wearing in the middle of the night."

My Dad caught the fact that the Mexicans climbed the telegraph poles to cut the lines. Which is cute, since the telegraph wasn't invented until some 10-years after the Battle of the Alamo....

Race's must see TV list

JAG- MS Bell is simply incredible.

24- The best(and fastest)hour on tv

Sopranos- More out of habit than anything else

Malcolm in the Middle-Funny,funny,funny.

Boston Public- fading fast

Enterprise-Better get good fast

Robbery Homicide-Great show so it will probably be cancelled

The Agency-Ditto but not as good as RHD

Scrubs-Soil your shorts funny

Shows that should go now , please

ER- now while you have some dignity and I still have my lunch.

All reality shows except Cheaters

The Practice-please have you any mercy?

Alias-What next Sydney's crack addicted double agent grandmother in law?

Touched by an Angel- Touch me in the morning then just walk away , please

NYPD Blue-Like Sipowitz could get TWO chicks that hot in real life.It's official Blue is a sci-fi show.

Farscape-Okay now even I can't keep up with this one.

I'm not a big TV watcher, but there are some shows I do catch weekly:

Monday: CSI:Miami. That's it.

Tuesday: Nothing of interest.

Wednesday: The Amazing Race. I sometimes catch ST:Enterprise when I remember to. The wife and I also watch Big Brother when it is on.

Thursday: Survivor, CSI. When Whithout A Trace comes on, I head for my PC.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Nothing in particular.

Since I waiting for the carpeting installers, and my PC is "Packed Away", I have been watching TV more these days. I normally flip through till something of interest catches my eye; Mostly the Discover Channel, and the History Channel. If there is nothing on TV, I may just hit the road.

Well, I may as well...here's my weekly TV needs:

1. Smallville

2. Charmed

3. Birds of Prey

4. Firefly

5. John Doe

6. That 70's show

7. Still Standing

8. According to Jim

The first five I watch pretty much religiously...the rest I just catch when I remember to.

When my parents manage to drag me away from the computer (literally, 10 hours a day is not enough! ) I watch 24 with my dad.

On saturdays i watch Adult Swim on cartoon network. I dont know what any of the shows are called. They all have japanese names exept Cowboy Bebop.

Then on Sundays my dad and I watch Adult Swim, mostly to see Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Then I go back to programming, and 3d modeling, and texturing, and converting files, and my favorite COLLISION MAPPING. so much fun

• 4 months later...

Some of these shows are in a bit of trouble.

John Doe, Fastlane, and The Agency To name a few Derek listed.

You can go to http://www.usatoday.com/life/front.htm?Loc=vanity and participate in a poll. It has a prominent "Save Our Shows" graphics. Click that then it asks for gender and zip. then it takes you to the list. It may not allow a direct link so that's why I put the main page up with instructions.

I voted for John Doe.

Guest Grayfox

ill usually watch 3rd watch, CSI (the vegas one babay), and without a trace.

all the others are bleh.. the one i really cant stand is fastlane... oh boy, undercover cops with a hot female boss, not one ugly chick in the joint, and women with breasts that defy the laws of physics. apparently storyline and acting ability have nothing to do with tv shows anymore... kinda like boobwatch (baywatch).

other than prime time, most of my tv time is spent on the history channel with the civil war diary (im a huge civil war nut), and various other items that catch my attention. i might catch shark week every now and again on the discovery channel.

Here's my list

Dirty Rotten Cheater- One of the most original game shows I've seen in a long time.

24- Well written, with lots of action. Action is good.

Junkyard Wars- Never gets old, really.

Mail Call- A good look at military technology, past and present.

Star Trek TNG- I was too young to understand much of the original run.

Bah, I dont even have a TV...not that I really mind not having one. I kinda got addicted to not having one if that sounds weird. But, if I did get a TV I would probably try to hunt down some star trek episodes...watch some history channel..and maybe whatever movies are on at the time that I feel an interest in watching. But since I dont have a TV it doesnt matter. Only electronic entertainment I have is just my computer. Oh, and a radio.

Some of my television favorites...

Law and Order

CSI:Vegas

CSI:Miami

The Simpsons

King of the Hill

That 70's Show

Beyond the Glory

Cubs Baseball Games

Oakland Raiders Football Games

Detroit Red Wings Hockey

I religiously tape the following when they are aired:

NASCAR Busch Series Races

NASCAR Winston Cup Series Races

Formula One Races

My movie collection is too long to list here, but I do plan on seeing The Matrix:Reloaded at the theatre.

Smokin Bob

• 4 weeks later...

no tv, though CSI i catch every now and then. (Not Miami)

my nights consist of reading this forum

playing BCMG and smoking crack j/k

*sigh* my girlfriend loves anna nicole smith show i guess thats the same as smoking crack.

or rubbing your eyes with sandpaper.

eh pick one.

I have my Tivo set up to record Enterprise, other than that I'll usually watch whatever else it sees fit to record (I'm glad I finally managed to get it to stop recording black sitcoms - your ma watches Cosby once and the next thing you know...).

Big on Monster Garage and Junkyard Wars although the american JW is not nearly as good as the original british ones.

Other than that, the TV usually runs unwatched set to either FoodTV, SciFi, or Fox News.

Guest Grayfox

there was a good one on the history channel tonight called "killing hitler". its about the british plot to assassinate hitler at his little private house up in the hills.

very good.

*Sigh*

we got Sky Digital recently and keeping up with what is on is starting to tire me out. Don't have time to watch TV much any more but I will watch any of the following but wouldn't record any if I miss em(don't have time to watch em later)

ST (any of em)

Andromeda (fan since the first series)

Buffy

Angel

Fastlane

Scrubs

X-Men cartoon

Spiderman cartoon

Bablyon 5

Knight Rider

Airwolf

The Simpsons

Stargate SG1

and I'm sure there are more I am missing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Amazing Race is back on!!! I LOVE The Amazing Race. CBS.

Different teams race around the world performing various tasks.

I would love to be on Amazing Race. Hey, whatever happened to that forum member who was gonna be on Robot Warz?

If you don't think you would like it give it a shot anyway. I don't think you would be disappointed.