Trailer - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

LostInSpace

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

Nice that! Didn't know about it, although there had been plans to make it for a long long time. Shame Douglas Adams isn't around anymore to see the result. Or perhaps better, depending on how it will turn out

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Ben Stien comes to mind quickly to voice Marvin.

LOL. Yeah. We're both a bit perverted.

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur_Dent:

Well it should be Stephen Moore offcourse After all, it was he who did the original voice.

For the TV series or the radio program? Or both?

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

I've been told he did both, but I'm not sure, as I've never seen the TV-series for myself. I only know the book and the radio-play.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There is a new trailer on
its hilarious (wait'll u hear the voice overs)

Somehow your semi-colon ended up in the URL ... ergo, it didn't work except thru copy-paste from Properties and deleting the punctuation mark.

All you had to do was delete the semicolon from the link in the address bar of IE (or whatever you are using)

quote:

Originally posted by :Supreme Cmdr

There is a new trailer on
its hilarious (wait'll u hear the voice overs)

Oh man, I love it. No one does comedy like the brits.

Looks like it's going to be Star Wars on steroids...

oh, wait, Star Wars doesn't require a functioning cerubella.

I am looking forward to this one. Only one problem, I already know the answer to Earth's most nagging question....

42?

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

Not only the Earth's question, I believe. It's the answer to life, the universe and everything!

Problem is, what was the question in the first place? Maybe we'll find out someday...

• 1 month later...

Doesn't sound so hot from that. BTW this would be my first encounter with the Guide. I've heard about it during my Mechanics course freshman year fall semester. My teacher mentioned the answer and just briefly talked about it. Now since it seems the movie may not be good I'll probably look for the book.

As for the section on "Things that aren't in the movie", I was afraid of that. Being butchered and censored (reference to alcohol and the non-existence of God among a few) by Disney's influence. Well looks like I'll pass on this one. I was looking foward to it too.

Darnit, just bought the book in E-book form for my PDA, and am gonna start reading it today.

Perhaps I should wait until after the movie comes out, that way I am not disapointed.

ARGH, I hate it when they butcher a book to make a movie, Like Starship troopers, the BEST book EVER written, and how it was butchered by those hollywood clowns....