Night at the movies - Batman

Supreme Cmdr

Looks like I'm the first to post on the results. Let me say...

W O W !!!

It's as good as either Spiderman was, better than any of the previous batman films, and Bale is to Batman what Hugh Jackman was to Wolverine. Alfred was excellent, Oldman and Freeman were excellent in their respective roles as Gordon and Fox as well.

As far as how Batman himself was, he was actually intimidating, unlike Keaton's version. He was highly mobile, and really mean looking. The car was excellent, and they did a fantastic job of building Batman little by little throughout the movie, as Bruce Wayne trained, and as Batman learned his craft.

I can't wait to see what they do next.

10/10 - Go see it!

Originally posted by Zane:

quote:

Looks like I'm the first to post on the results. Let me say...

W O W !!!

I'll second that -- double WOW!!!

10/10 hands down. Bale's intensity perfectly matched the character and the sheer anger and drive of the Batman was finally portrayed. Gotham was a gritty, crime-ridden cesspool. The Batmobile was tough fighting machine. The Cave didn't look like a Disneyland set. I could go on forever. They have so erased the stain of the old movies.

God, how long before the next one?

quote:

God, how long before the next one?

Too long! I want it NOW!

God, this was an awesome movie! It kicks the living $#!+ out of the Spiderman films. It's the Batman I've always dreamed of - in the same way the LOTR extended DVDs were the LOTR I had always dreamed of. I'm seeing it again tomorrow first chance I get! Thank GOD everyone is signed on for a 5 movie option.

20/10

Now if only War of the Worlds is equally as good! June 29, June 29, June 29...

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

10/10

Perhaps the best Comic Book adaptation of all time. Spiderman was Good , but they had a little to much Cheese that just didnt have to be there.

This movie actually has you believe that someone that Crazy and driven with the money could become Batman. Bale is Aweosme, Alfred, Fox, Gordon, all top notch characters. Liem Was outstanding and totally cast against type.

I really wonder who will play Joker in the next movie. I want someone who is a serious actor and not a big ticket name. No idea who to pick yet but it could be anyone. Actually,, Rutger Haugher could play Joker in some wierd twist of fate for revenge based on what happens to him in this flick.

I really want to see other Superhero movies have the "powers" and costumes and leave the Cheese behind like this one does.

Geez guys, you're not helping here. I'm trying HARD to not see this until tomorrow so that I can see it back to back with Mr and Mrs Smith.

Man, this is going to be hard. I probably won't sleep tonite.

LOL @ Scriv

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Ok now for my one and only complaint about the movie.

It was a little bothersome at first but then got a little more irritating as the movie progressed.

Thats right it was the ridiculously Tight camera angles on the hand to hand combat scenes. Lots of Motion and action and nearly impossible to follow. I would have liked to have seen a little Wider angles on the shots giving you the ability to really drink in the devistation that Batman is laying on the baddies.

There thats like the only thing i can think of that is a negative in the entire movie. Although i do think the director was going with the "fearfull man or beast from the shadows that just smokes people and is poof gone" thing.

If you know what i mean.

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMFG!!!!!! I loved this movie!!

Its the best movie since.......Gone With The Wind!! Yeah, thats it!! Better than even Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!! It will wipe the pants off The Wiz Of Oz. It is even more cerebral than, uhm, oh wait...

No seriously, this movie was badass in so many ways, I totally REGRET seeing Mr. & Mrs Smith right after. Right through the Pitt & Jolie romp, all I kept thinking about was rushing out and right back into another Batman showing.

Before this, Burton's Batman with Keaton was my fav. But, I tell you what, when you see this, all memories of every Batman movie will be erased from your memory. Seriously.

The style. The pacing. The acting. The backstory. Everything was just perfect.

I see what Hellbinder was talking about the combat being in tight camera angles. The point is that you're not supposed to fully see all of that stuff. Batman is a Knight of the night. He is swift, sudden and unlike superheroes (for those who don't know, Batman is not a superhero) just does what needs to be done. Just like his ninja training taught him. The fight scenes were just perfect. Perfect!!

I absolutely LOVED the pacing of this film. I can't think of any single boring part.

I can't believe that in all these years, it took a low key director (Chris Nolan of Memento fame) and a vastly underrated actor (Chris Bale) to revise this franchise. Good thing they all signed up for a three picture deal. 2007 can't come soon enough.

Now that they've got his origins out of the way, I expect more visceral action and fight scenes in the next installment.

Man, Batman makes Spiderman look like a school girl. Seriously. Batman is dark. Dark as it should be. And serious. Very serious.

I bet I'm going to see this about three more times before it finishes its run.

Chris Bale is finally going to get the recognition that he deserves.

When the movie ended, the audience just sat there. And clapped. And clapped. And clapped. I've never seen such reaction to a movie before. And I go to this theatre all the time.

btw -- SPOILER alert --- from the end of the movie, it looks like he's going to be facing the Joker in the next one. I hope they bring back Jim Carey. I can't think of any other actor who would fit that role.

Hmm. I kind of got the impression that the battle with the Joker will take place off screen and the next movie will take place after. Not sure why I got that impression, but I think it would be hard for the new series of movies to maintain a serious dark edge with the Joker stealing the show. BTW, wasn't the Joker played by Nicholson in the Burton film? Carey played the Riddler, unless I'm mistaken.

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

Hmm. I kind of got the impression that the battle with the Joker will take place off screen and the next movie will take place after. Not sure why I got that impression, but I think it would be hard for the new series of movies to maintain a serious dark edge with the Joker stealing the show. BTW, wasn't the Joker played by Nicholson in the Burton film? Carey played the Riddler, unless I'm mistaken.

He said OK, I'll look into it. To me, thats a setup for the next movie. I could be wrong.

Yeah, Carey player the Riddler, but I think he would do better as the Joker.

The box office numbers are in.

[ 06-19-2005, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

70m But it did have a weak BO for what everyone expected. less than 50m for the week end is not that great for a movie like this.

I think that a lot of people really are still tainted from the last 4 and may take some coaxing by their friends to go see it.

I get the feeling that this movie may have strong legs for the next 3 weeks and eventually get past 200m. But well see. I am going to check on the overseas numbers to.