Night at the movies - Land of the dead

Supreme Cmdr

For all you Day One junkies who are going to go see this tomorrow. All I want to know is, on a scale of 1 (LoTR) to 10 (Sin City), how gruesome and gory is it? I don't want another PTSD flameout (like with Sin City) if I go see it.

Well SC I didnt see the Movie but did go rubber necking at the Premiere here in Pitsburgh. Aint too many premeiere in this neck of the woods but I did catch QT, Robert Rodriquez, Tom Savini and the creepmiester himself George Romero. The Tix were 125 bucks (including an after party) so I just gaped at em for free on my way home from work. I'll see the movie saturday after Batman

1 being LOTR (no gore) and 10 being sin city (little bit of blood) Land of the dead is about a 20. Dont get me wrong, its a VERY good movie. I am just glad I did not buy anything to eat. Just imagine zombies eating people in detail.

Ych I cant eat anymore of my burger now.

It *is* a zombie movie, SC. Basically it's about the same as the Dawn of the Dead Unrated version. I'd give it an 8 on the LOTR-SIN CITY violence scale.

And I'd add that I was pleasantly surprised by how well this one was done. It's easy to tell that it's been censored like everything else these days, and that really gets under my skin. I'm of a mind that once you get an R rating, you should be able to do just about anything you want. Shaun of the Dead aside, this is the best zombie movie we've seen since the original Dawn.

9/10

I guess I won't be seeing it then. Oh well.

And fer crying out loud Scriv, don't you have a different song to sing about censoring movies? I mean, seriously, ALL movies get censored and it should be expected. So please stop clamouring about this [dead] issue in practically every review you write. Use those words for another more interesting purpose.

Well, it earned 10.2 million over the weekend, which for most movies is just dust in the wind, but the cost to make this movie was a dirt cheap 15 million and it is currently raking in an estimated 2 million a day. There is still hope though, perhaps people will spread the word just how bad this movie is before this coming weekend