Brosnan out as James Bond 007 - Daniel Craig in!

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

. IMO he was the best next gen Bond. Lets see if they sign up Daniel Craig (Layer Cake) to be the next Bond or not.

I think he's looking to old already, he would only be good for one or two movies before he loses the rest of his hair. I can see Jude Law taking up the part.

Pierce was the best. I read Hugh Jackman turned it down already but I don't think he was a good match anyway. He lacks the subtle cruelty Bond is supposed to have. I also read that Ewan McGregor was interested -- ack. It's time for an unknown.

quote:

Originally posted by Masefield:

quote:

Rowan Atkinson using the 'Mr. Bean' persona. [popcorn]

(I know he did 'Johnny English', but that wasn't 'Beanish' enough)

Lock phasers on target.

nah... maybe something a little more destructive...now what is that called... Base Delta Zero?

Vin Diesel? R U smoking? How bout Ving Rhames? what about Roddy Piper? or Stuttering John? Gee where do you guys get this stuff? I can only hope that was a gag. No we need someone new and unknown and british. Any experienced actor already has a personna that it is too identifiable...new blood!

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Raziel:

Can't they just kill James like in the books? That would be fun

I'd have Sean Connery as an elderly Bond. He's not so much an action hero any more as much as a diplomat type of spy. The movie would deal with the issue of growing old, feeling useless, and would give Connery-Bond one last hurrah before he sacrifices himself in the service of the Her Majesty the Queen.

Just another great movie I'll most certainly never see.