TiVo 7.2 OS adds content protection, blocks transfers, and auto-deletes some shows

Supreme Cmdr

I especially like the mention of fair use rights. Your allowed to make a backup copy of the media you own, but it is illegal to circumvent copyright protection.

*snip*

[ 09-15-2005, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

SC do you know if other non Tivo dvrs are to included in these hi Jinks? I am going to buy an Alienware DHS-5 as the heart of my new media center and it has DVR capacity. If anyone knows the answer please let me know before I drop a couple thousand bucks

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

After reading
and
, I'm going to be building a
box this weekend. I've had it with the constant shape shifting that Tivo is doing.

Oooohhh, hombrew PVR. Look forward to hearing about the specs!

I put one together using a case from Shuttle and an ATI All-in-Wonder a few years ago. Very sweet, worked like a charm, except I could never get picture-in-picture working.

Good luck Derek!

SC I sense a new mean streak in you and it isnt pretty. You are officially on the "LUMP OF COAL" list. I have come to count on your sage wisdom, not your sharp tongue...Whats that google thing again? Good luck with your project.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

SC I sense a new mean streak in you and it isnt pretty. You are officially on the "LUMP OF COAL" list. I have come to count on your sage wisdom, not your sharp tongue...Whats that google thing again? Good luck with your project.

I think it's just an extension of the "use the search function before posting duplicate topics" comment

On topic: SC I'm interested on how your Myth TV box works out. I've been looking into setting up something like that for some time now but I haven't taken the plunge

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

er, wha?

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I think it's just an extension of the "use the search function before posting duplicate topics" comment

Just ignore him. He's just being a git. Either that, or its that time of the month.

quote:

On topic: SC I'm interested on how your Myth TV box works out. I've been looking into setting up something like that for some time now but I haven't taken the plunge

Got some of the parts and still waiting on others. I'm beginning to think that I should've just gone with BeyondTV. But its not too late to do the switch yet. I'll decide once all the HW shows up.

• 4 weeks later...