TV Night - Lost

Supreme Cmdr

So now we know what is down in the hatch. Things are going to get interesting pretty quick.

For my part, I'm damn sure that the writers are justing winging it now; because it is highly unlikely that they had a frigging clue that this show would take off as it has.

[ 03-15-2006, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

it does add an interesting twist.... especially since the word quarantinewas on the inside of the hatch, not the outside. Kinda makes you wonder whats up in that little chamber

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess we know what Locke is going to do the rest of the season: enter that damm code in the psychology experiment.

Hope this show doesn't 'jump the shark'.

• 5 months later...

I just watched the latest episode and I think I've missed an episode!!!

Anyway, when Mr Ecko (sp) asked to see the prisoner they are holding in the hatch, he told him not to tell the prisoner about the button or what its for.

uhm, was there an episode in which this was revealed? The last episode I saw related to that, is when Locke failed to punch in the code and the timer counted down to Egyptian glyphs. Then nothing happened.

What'd I miss?!?

Yes, pushing the "button" means putting in the code and hitting Enter.

The countdown didn't have any repercussions other than freaking out Locke, making klaxons blare, and putting the viewers on edge to see what might happen (a tease).

The symbols are important though, they basically said "will cause to die" or somesuch in Egyptian hieroglyphs, which would indicate a doomsday device.

Another interesting tidbit is that the prisoner guy said his name was Henry Gale. Henry Gale is Dorothy's uncle's name from the Wizard of Oz. And, how did he say it got to the island? A hot air balloon.

But in Oz, it was all a dream sequence. The characters were in a dream, but the "people" were pulled from real life. i.e. Dorothy's Oz companions were all farmhands... real people... in real life.

So, the speculation continues as to whether or not the island is all a dream sequence... Oz, so to speak... or in any case an otherworldy place that can be entered (and exited), but isn't really part of our world.

Facinating show.

interestingly enough the hieroglyphs probably spell the word "swd3" meaning "die" but if that determinative at the end is changed the word would mean "make healthy, keep safe, or calm fear"

quote:

Originally posted by JUDGExKTF:

[spoiler alert]

http://www.dharmasecrets.com/forum/index.php?topic=195.0

[/spoiler alert]

Well it isn't really a spoiler, its somebodies theory on what is happening on the island. And until now, it gets confirmed every episode....

Great. I wish I hadn't read that. It just confirms to me that I'm not the only nutcase left on the planet.

Man, some people have far too much time on their hands.

• 5 months later...
Guest HorseloverFat

The repeat of the season finale will be on Monday,the 25 of September.

With the new season starting on Oct 14.

The 7'th is midterm election night.

Vote your conscious (conscience).

Look it up and take your pick.

Guest HorseloverFat

quote:

The repeat of the season finale will be on Monday,the 25 of September.

With the new season starting on Oct 14.

A slight edit.

Repeat is on Wednesday the 27 of September, with the new season starting on October 4.

• 1 month later...
Guest CrispyCritters

Ummm...Lost isn't TOO bad...but not as great as it was.

At the moment, Jack, Kate, and Sawyer are capitive of the 'Others'.

And Jack, in the process of doing an operation on 'Ben', just cut his kidney sac.

Giving Kate a 'window' to escape.

Yea...I have to admit...the show turned into a daytime soap opera.