4th Indiana Jones Movie

Matchoo

So the big news is that Lucas is now devoting himself full-time to writing and producing "Indiana Jones 4." Steven Spielberg, of course, will direct.

Lucas told me that he's got a script now from Jeff Nathanson, and he's tweaking it. That won't go on forever, he assured me, and filming will occur before Harrison Ford goes into a nursing home

Woohoo.

"Indiana Jones and the Dentures of Doom"

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

The only thing I can see how they can pull this off, unless they perform some CGI magic making Ford look a lot younger, is keeping the story line in line with his age and maybe introduce his son Jones II.

They need to make sure to get Sean Connery back as his father too. Then when the Nazi's say 'Dr. Jones', you can have 3 people respond with a 'yes'.

There are so many potential pitfalls in this project that I just have zero faith that between the blundering Lucas and the timid Spielberg it won't fall in. The only logical way to make this work is Jones has to be old, his adventuring days are over and he lives by himself (he was either never married, is divorced, or widowed). It is now during the cold war and Jones will get hired as a "consultant" on some new major archeaological find that turns out to be a doomsday device (or some other terrible thing)... instead of saving the artifact he has to find a way to destroy it so that it can't fall into anyone governments unreliable hands... not the US and not the USSR.

But that's not the story we'll get. No, I'm fairly certain we'll end up with some trash along the lines of the latest Zorro movie. Jones will be married with kids and some bad people (probably evil Ruskies) will kidnap his family and force him to help them find some other device of ultimate destruction. With Lucas "touching up" the script (yeah, touching up like a priest touches up a catholic schoolboy) you KNOW I'm right. He's got the midas touch of $#!+.