TV - Stargate SG-1

Captain McMahon

Alright, the second half has started on season 9!

I think the Ori are the best new villian in a LONG time. Although considering Atlantis, I find odd how Earth is not taking on the enemies of not just the Ancients, but of the Ascended as well.

I mean if the Ascended don't lift a finger (besides Orlin) against the Ori and then SG-1 saves their butts they better ascend everyone on Earth, well except SC he's still got BCNG and UCO to release

I found the first Sodan episode a bit disheartening now since I was hoping for them to become an enemy. That Prior Damaris was SO cool. I love that actor Mr. CSM (Cigarrette Smoking Man).

I think that makes three people from X-Files to show up in either SG-1 or Atlantis.

Anyone have any thoughts?

they have some nice banter going on and its shaping up a bit bettertht the first few with the ori... I'm starting to wonder if Michael Shanks has gottn around to changing his name to Daniel Jackson yet though.... he'splayedthatcharacter for what? 10 years now?

didn't Richard play Oneal for almost as long? I stopped getting the show after 3 seasons, I refuse to watch what new episodes I might see now, with the hope one day of getting the season DVD's because I really like this show.

It went from being a new planet a week show, to being something totally more.... really engaging stories.

And I really liked O'neal's character.

• 4 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by cutterjohn:

IIRC Shanks played Daniel Jackson in the movie too(have it on DVD, but haven't watched it in a while).

Check cover on that.... James Spader played Daniel Jackson in the movie.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Check cover on that.... James Spader played Daniel Jackson in the movie.

That would be the same Spader that's currently buddy-buddy with Captain Kirk on Boston Legal.

No more conspiracy theories PLEASE! LOL

Although Shanks did get the job because of his Spaderism

I think its ironic that there is an episode in these series that describes it perfectly now:

The episode where the small town barber got 'visions' of O'neals exploits and writes them down and tells everyone for years about SG1 etc etc and in one point someone tells him:

STOP! Enough already im tired of hearing about SG1.

That about sums it up for me. The series would pick up more flavor if they added more teams and added more varied themes and plots.

I mean... its gotten OLD. save-the-day-team goes to planet X finds threat, insert ackward moments from the team, gunfight, techno-babble, more gunfights, save-the-day-team does something cool, gunfight, end episode.

*yawn*.

would be great if they added whole episodes where they show the other SG teams doing their stuff. I was impressed by the episode where they had the new recruits undergo the 'entrance' test and showed the dynamics of THEIR little team while the vets observed them.

• 5 months later...