Halo Movie- Is it just another DOOM in the making?

Dave Peterson

quote:

Ebert and Ropert

Their also well known for writing bad reviews about game's to movies. Like Final Fantasy Spirits Within, which was an awesome movie

I hope they don't use live action in the Halo movie, because that WILL kill the movie, I'm hoping they actually use animenation like what was used in FF SW, because thats where the money will be at, live action game > movies won't make much on the box office no matter HOW POPULER the game is

Lets wait and see. i seem to remember me posting about a certain Sci Fi remake (BSG) and dropping some spoilers regarding the script while it was in production. 95% of the responses to that post were extremely negative.Yet BSG is widely regarded by critics and good number of folks on our board, as a great show. Let wait and see!

Well lets just put it this way:

If it's made into a live action movie like Doom, then I know it'll be a flop

If it's made into an animation like movie like Final Fantasy (After all, the game itself IS animation) then it'll succeed

Yeh I liked War of the Worlds and E and R hated it. I did hear a lot a bad stuff bout Doom with the 1st person thing. I dont know, Halo might be good, and Peter isnt going to let this ruin his reputation after LOTR and King Kong. This movie is either going to suck totally and shoot Bungie in the face or its going to be really awesome and make somebody a freakin billionaire. Im hoping for the second one.

for DOOM, sucked. And to me Peter Jackson can save Halo, because he can spend his big budget on special effects making everyone forget the fluff of the movie. And I'd much prefer live action, as with live action these days, pretty much anything is possible to create.

So is computer animation Cruis. You can be amazed what is possible with computer animation, just look at what the japanese have done with it, the animation and special effects for Final Fantasy and Advent Children went BEYOND awesome, I can't even discribe it

Also, don't forget, the effects used in the Matrix movie's where also done on the computer

And yes, Peter can save this movie

Doom was a flop mainly BECAUSE of it's "Live Action" part as what was mentioned in a lot of review's I've read, thats why I feel it'll be a flop if it goes to Live Action for the movies. If you've played Halo then you know how gorgeous the graphics where, imagen THAT on the big screen, only ten times better thanks to the technology we have today

The truth is that these days movies are relying too much on computer effects and action. It ends up clouding the whole story and in the end everyone just forgets about it like all the rest of those failed movies. (For the most part). Halo is going to get a lot of box office right away but if it isnt good no one is going to see it again.

I hope that Jackson can put more into the characters than just the action/battle sequences of the movie. When I first heard about the halo movie i was disapointed that they werent going to start with the Fall of Reach which make an excellent introduction to the story. I hope they can find a way to at least include some of what happened during John's (Master cheif's name) training and all the other spartans. I think all those who have read the books can agree with me.

I heard something about them saying that if the movie did succeeded they'd work on a few others. But I do agree that they should've started from the very beginning, from when John was first 'enlisted' into the military and trained up as a child to where he currently is

The thing is, that would take A LOT of time to produce, and finding child actors isn't easy from what I've been reading now-a-days

it could have been shorter for that beginning part, just to know how it all started like the training in Starship Troopers. Then they could have started it up with the story of when the war actually begins. Thats the only one of the books that is really important anyways and then they could end it on the bridge with seeing some object in the distance over the gas giant... THEN they start with the vid game story in the next game.