TV - Doctor Who

Marvin

• 3 months later...

I'm a ways ahead of the episodes currently airing on the SciFi Channel. I've been watching the next season of Doctor Who episodes with David Tennant on YouTube.

I must say that these episodes are really good so far...does the the Cybermen, Mary Jane and K-9 ring any bells?

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

...does the the Cybermen, Mary Jane and K-9 ring any bells?

Indeed.

Sometimes you just gotta take a break from all that "realistic" sci-fi and go with what's fun. Like a Time Lord taking on half-a-million androids (Daleks) all by himself.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

...does the the Cybermen, Mary Jane and K-9 ring any bells?

Indeed.

Sometimes you just gotta take a break from all that "realistic" sci-fi and go with what's fun. Like a Time Lord taking on half-a-million androids (Daleks) all by himself.

Not much of challenge that is them Daleks are pretty dumb.

As someone new to the Doctor Who series I must say, I'm going to miss CE (I dunno his full name) and I loved the way he played the Doctor. I haven't seen the second series and can wait for SciFi to show it.

But I wonder, why did they switch to a new Doctor after the first season? I think he can only regenerate, what? Two or three more times?

quote:

As someone new to the Doctor Who series I must say, I'm going to miss CE (I dunno his full name) and I loved the way he played the Doctor. I haven't seen the second series and can wait for SciFi to show it.

Yeah..Christopher Eccleston was pretty good as the Doctor. I was sorry to see him go too. But once you see the second series with David Tennant, he's pretty good too!

quote:

But I wonder, why did they switch to a new Doctor after the first season? I think he can only regenerate, what? Two or three more times?

I thought I had read somewhere that Christopher didn't want to be typecast in that role. Don't know if that's the real reason or not for sure. We need someone to hang around for a few years like Tom Baker. I think you're pretty close on how many regenerations are left.

In case anyone is interested, here's a couple of good Doctor Who sites to visit:

Official BBC Doctor Who Site

Outpost Gallifrey

I hear the "4400" will be saving the world next season ... from the three or four Daleks that get (er, got) past Doctor Who this (oik, last ... Time is so confusing) season.

I guess the writers decided that the movie doctors don't count ... in terms of the number of lives allocated a Time Lord.

Bad move for the Doctor.

Granted, he can't cross his own time line (or so he said) but I don't see why he couldn't have booked immediatley after rescuing Rose ... then picked up a load of weapons somewhere that would be effective against Daleks. And some old British Army buddies who could properly use the weapons. Then build a delta wave machine with focusing capability.

Then, after he and she and the Captain and the Army guys were all primed and ready, set the Tardis to materialize back at the station just a few seconds past Rose's rescue. No conflict in time lines. After arriving, all the Doctor would've needed to do is hook up the already-built delta wave machine, focus it, and fire away ... while everyone else defended (successfully) the station.

Regeneration must damage brain cells. No wonder a Time Lord only gets twelve shots at it.

• 3 months later...