Trailer - Ghost Rider

Supreme Cmdr

• 2 weeks later...

Get the new quicktime with ITunes. Install. Don't let ITunes access the internet. Do not agree to the agreement. Immediately go to control panel and remove ITunes. Spiffy new quicktime without ITunes.

Cage is creepy. His haircut makes him look too young. The trailer is bleh except for some neat flame effects.

Without even checking I will bet both of you guys are young pups. This was a seminal character in the Marvel universe when I was growing up and kids could actually afford comic books. GR was before Hellboy and before Spawn and niether would probably exist witout GR. Trust me guys this WILL be good.

You lose that bet. I was playing with Lionel trains and my father's Erector set before Superfriends came on.

I'll watch it. Good or bad I'll let you know. Even if good it will tank at the box office.

Trust me; this will be a train wreck.

Jeez when I started buying comics they were 12 cents. I remember writing to Marvel when they went up to 15 cents..like " I'll never buy your comics again" I hear you have to put em on layaway now.

Well ... let's see. When Barry Allen first became The Flash, he was my favorite. Then, when Hal Jordan first became Green Lantern, he was my favorite (and I learned the little "brightest day, blackest night" ditty). Of course, there was The Fly (easier to memorize his ditty). And a group of people who weren't the Fantastic Four but stuck together after surviving a crash or explosion or something.

Let's not forget John Jones (though I have forgotten how he spelled his real name) ... that first episode didn't even make it to the front of the magazine. But, for at least a week or two, he was my favorite.

Then there was the time I got an archery set and Green Arrow (long before GA lost his fortune and his sidekick) was my favorite. Never give a kid a paper bullseye stuck to a bail of hay thinking it will keep him out of trouble with a bow and arrow.

And, to this day, Rusty Jory wishes he'd kept that closet full of comics. Even the ones he bought for five cents (full price was ten cents) because the cover had been removed and replaced with a clear red sheet of plastic.

quote:

Originally posted by Chavik:

Trust me; this will be a train wreck.

Don't make me hurt you man. Just you putting the thought of them ruining one of my fav characters, makes me all murderous and stuff.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

SC , mine were Thor, GR, the FF, Iron Man and Spidey. BTW I have heard rumors of a Silver Surfer appearance in FF2!

Yeah! I liked Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther and Green Latern too. For some reason, I never did like Spidey that much.

I liked the Avengers, JLA and FF a bit as well. Superman and Batman were also in there somewhere, though I think I kinda outgrew them both before I had hair on my nipples.

Man, I remember when comics were really cheap. Then the prices went up! I'd roll into the shop and leave with, like, a bunch of comics. It'd take me a few days to go through a week's worth of comics and then Saturday would roll around and it was back to the store for the next week's supply.

Ah, good times. Back in those days, Dr. Doom and Galactus were major trouble makers. Its like every other period, they would appear in another hero's storyline.

My friend is an inker and does contract work for Marvel, over the last while they have really been pushing to try to get younger kids interested in comics again. Their interests have strayed elsewhere, probably due in large part to the increaing price of comics. I never got into comics that much it was too geeky for me (I was spending all of my allowance money on D&D modules/manuals)

p.s. to keep on topic, I am looking forward to this one (GR). Cage is one of my favourite actors.

[ 06-14-2006, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Case ]

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV
:

This was a seminal character in the Marvel universe when I was growing up and kids could actually afford comic books.

they had comics when you were a kid??? kapwiiiiiiinng!

i hope they dont ruin this too much... i really dont. i loved ghost rider and his penance stare (see there your past!) but pretty much every comic book movie so far, with the exception to the xmen and punisher IMHO, has been a major let down... FF blew, spiderman 1&2 were lukewarm at best, and the hulk was a straight up snoozer.

all we can do is wait and see.

Hey SC what about those old Hulk versus Thing battles in the FF? Man those were sweet although the Thing very rarely got the best of the Hulk! Man those were the days!

and...

BTW Fox, you know I will pay you back for your little crack!