Movie - The Descent

Supreme Cmdr

Guinea pigs wanted. Apply here please.

I've read a lot about this movie being a really classic horror fest. Whats causing me concern is that I've also read that its gory.

So, Scriv, you're up. On the gore meter, let me know where is scales from 1 to 10. I can go as far as a 5 without PTSD kicking in an ruining my day.

[ 09-11-2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I saw a review from Jeffrey Lyons and he said that the movie was good for the first half and just plane silly the second because of the creatures. He did say he really enjoyed the first half of movie where the real fear was claustrophobia.

Also turns out this was released in england a year ago and the ending had a much darker ending for the european audience. They gave it an upbeat ending for us American audiences. I hate it when they do that.

I've had the movie on DVD since last year. It's actually a very good survival horror movie, although the ending is really wierd and sure to put some people off (fake out ending). The movie isn't really all that gory as most of the "violence" happens off-camera and in the dark. Like a Hitchcock movie, you only see enough to get your imagination going as the sound conveys most of what's going on (4/10 on the gore scale tops). It's a very very dimly lit movie and most of it is environmental survival. The horror-genre stuff dosn't even show up until the last 20-30 minutes.

8.7/10

P.S. Yes I have the Region 2 UK version. I don't know what they changed for the US release and, to tell you the truth, I'm not really interested in doctored up American cuts.

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

This isn't based on a 1994 360 degree first person shooter from Parallax Software and Interplay, is it?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the trailer for this movie.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

4/10?!? Thanks Scriv!!! I'm so there!!

Pity that. I was going to see it for the gore. Won't bother now.