TV - Jericho

ShoHashi

I just finished watching the first episode online at Yahoo before it appears on CBS soon. It doesn't seem like it's too bad.

Has anyone else watched it yet?

Next up..the first episode of Heroes.

-Sho

[ 09-20-2006, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Holy crap what an awesome show. It's a bit Donnie Darko and bit Lost (in that many of the characters are mysterious). My only problem was the whole prison bus thing (not a spoiler, really)... which felt like an executive-forced setup to introduce "more action" into (a) future episode(s).

If they play their cards right, this could easily become the best show on TV. I just hope that station meddling dosn't screw it up.

I watched it last night. I dunno, it looks like yet another Invasion meets Threshold meets Surface. All three of which were ultimately cancelled due to low ratings.

Before we figure out wtf is going on in the world of Jericho, they would have turned it into a character driven soap opera. Without or without aliens.

Since the networks wouldn't dare put out another alien themed TV show, my guess is that this plot is either about the end of the world or terrorist attacks.

It won't last one season. Two at the most. You heard it here first.

I won't mind if it only gets one season, so long as they end it well. Season 2 would invariably have to end up like a TV show version of Fallout.

In the meantime, so long as there are no bizarre twists and it's the simple "The world ganged up on the US and blew us back to the stone age" story I hope it is, I'll be happy.

Anyway, the premise is awesome and I liked the first episode. But yeah, the shows I like most never last long.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

I like this show, so yea, it'll be cancelled.

CBS just ordered a full season! Apparently, the show has been doing extraordinarily well.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30378

My only problem so far is that I'm a little frustrated with the narrow scope of the show. It's a very "small" drama set in a very "epic" situation. That may be part of the charm, but at some point the $#!+ needs to hit the fan or I'm just not going to care any more. I mean, the whole country was just nuked back to the stone age and this town seems to be hardly affected at all.

Bump up the danger and the chaos, already... and please, for the love of god, stop teasing us with the mysterious black guy subplot.

I just finished watching this week's episode on the Tivo.

I'm dying to know what the heck that newly deputized cop is up to. He's definately talking to someone on the outside. What's with his fake family? This could get interesting.

-Sho

His family is not fake actually. They're just faking their past, who they are etc.

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

Bump up the danger and the chaos, already... and please, for the love of god, stop teasing us with the mysterious black guy subplot.

I think they're trying to show how a small town would cope with such a catastrophe. So, stuff like escaped cons, gas, electricty, frazzled nerves, mysterious strangers etc are all par for the course because most are things we take for granted. I suppose the folks in Jericho never came to Florida, where preparing for hurricanes is a way of life.

Yes, it could get boring really quickly, but we'll have to wait and see.

quote:

His family is not fake actually. They're just faking their past, who they are etc.

Ah....ok. Nevertheless, it should still be interesting to find out why they are faking their past.

-Sho

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Three episodes left after tonight's and a lot of loose ends to tie up.

-Sho

I love it, I just recently heard about it in January and have been watching the first season on cbs.com and then started watching the second season live.

I LOVE IT! Especially last night, I knew Robert was going kick some a@# once Ravenwood came to his place. I was kinda hoping for a more DieHard feel once he got involved.

I liked Bonnie, and felt it was pretty cool how her death resulted in this situation. I hope it keeps going I'm watching it and talking to EVERYone I can about it.

I'm not sure if there is a ARG going on, cause there is a jenningsandrallings website with a login, but I haven't found anything about it.

So, who thinks Microsoft will going the J&R route and wipe out the US and use their own employees as a new government?

I watched the previous episode and the ending just left me stunned and speechless.

I taped last nights episode and will be watching it tonight.

Hopefully the networks will renew it. If not, I hope they wrap it up in the next three episodes.