TV - Heroes

ShoHashi

Watched the first episode online, then caught it again when I added to my Tivo season pass manager. The pilot was a bit on the slow side (aside from the one teenage girls story), but the series certainly has a lot of potential - especially after that pseudo-cliffhanger ending.

Reminds me of X-Men, and I think the shows creators meant for it to be that way from the getgo. The comic fonts used in the opening credits - the constant references to pop culture (Star Trek, X-Men, etc)... it'll certainly be interesting to see how the show evolves.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree..the first episode was a bit slow. Like you, I have added it to my TIVO season pass manager. I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch the second episode yet...maybe later on this weekend.

-Sho

I don't think you can watch it online anymore at the TV Yahoo page I originally saw it on. The episode is not there anymore.

Plus, I think they only showed the first episode before the series premiere.

-Sho

This show just keeps better every week! Pissed off Indestructable Cheerleader is by far one of the coolest superheroes ever concieved. I was screaming with absolute delight at the end of last nights episode. I can barely contain myself from overexposure to such incredible coolness.

As always, I regret having to wait a week for the next episode!

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

Pissed off Indestructable Cheerleader

Snicker.

Phantom Mirror Killer Girl With Super Genius Son isn't too bad. Mind Reader Cop, meh. Doped Up Visionary painter, decent. Denies He Can Fly Boy needs to embrace it.

I think I missed this week. Haven't seen it on my tapes. I'll have to dig it up.

Scriv is only excited by the cheerleader because of all the gore that her character illicits. Her part in yesterday's episode was just purely gruesome in a CSI kinda way.

I like the Hiro (btw, that actor is actually a programming consultant for ILM) character better than all the rest.

Watched it last night, and there was just something wrong about indestrucigirl folding closed that incision... sorry that was just disturbing. Hiro's friend was hilarious telling those guys hiro was very powerful and would take them all

I don't watch a lot of TV. Hardly any, because TV violates my "90% of everything is crap" rule -- it's probably up around 95%.

Heroes is the first continuing series I've seen in a long time worth watching. It reminds me of comics I used to read. Sort of what I always imagined the "dawn of the X-Men" would be like, the very first humans with unusual powers...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...