Jack Palance dead at 87

LostInSpace

Sad news. The 'ol fella was living here in our little valley until recently. He had just auctioned off all of his memorabilia that he had stored on his farm here a couple of weeks ago. Gave the proceeds to charity. I ran into him, literally, at the corner store one evening a few years back. I thought I was being courteous and opening the door for an older fellow and it was him. He shot me a look that would freeze the blood in your viens. He knew I recognized him but, I didn't let on like most people do when they meet a film star. Milady Shewolf was once invited to go horseback riding on his farm. She just laughed and shrugged off his invitation. That's pretty much the way folks around here treat celebrities. Might be the ereason why Jack made his home here for such a long time. Nobody bothered him much when he went out in public.

I have enjoyed his work throughout my lifetime. He'll be missed.

Wolfie that little encounter was so cool and that is how I want to remember Jack, one of the preeminent character actors of all time! Reminds me of an incident that happened here in the Steel City. A punk went into a local convenience store with intentions to rob it. He pulls out a gun and points it at the clerk, and from behind he hears an old man, maybe 80 years old say" You dont wanna do that buddy" He turns to say something and the old fella drops him with a picture perfect left hook! When the police arrive they ask what happened, and the former Middleweight Champion of the world, the man who at 160lbs went 15 rounds with Joe Louis and was ahead on points, Billy Conn says " It was nuthin really"