Movie - Eragon

Supreme Cmdr

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. The book was horrendous. I have better material (and better writing) stashed away in folders from 6th grade. Even if the film is well made, it will suffer from the laughable premise, amateur plot, and ridiculous dialogue. It'll have a huge opening, no doubt, as the Harry Potter crowd jumps in sight unseen. But ultimately I'm predicting a disaster of Uwe Boll proportions.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems I was right. The critics are crapping all over this one. 33% on RottenTomatoes and dropping. The AICN reviews are particularly entertaining (the movie made an 11 year old fan of the books cry with bitter dissapointment).

So yeah, the movie is apparently Uwe Boll bad.

I knew it was bad as soon as I saw the umpteenth commercial for it on TV. It seems that they threw alot of cash into the television advertising blitz. Which can only mean one thing...

It sucks major rocks.

Maybe the filmmakers would have been better served by Dragon this one out to the dumpster,

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't so bad. I don't get the Star Wars reference. Really, I don't. I mean; how many other mentor/prot├®g├® stories have there been? Star Wars doesn't hold the patent on that.

The effects were good. The plot seemed compressed from an Amazon doesn't say how many pages the book is to too short a movie. Perhaps a bit more narration here and there and a couple more scenes and it would have been really good.

It isn't nearly so bad as Alone in the Dark. It is more like the also compressed Harry Potter movies though it does fall just a tad shy.

I did see either on TV or on MSN.com a clip from his Today show appearance. I believe he started writing it at 15 and was home schooled. I like that he borrowed from Anne McCaffrey's dragons (four legs plus wings) but added his own touches.

All in all it is a good popcorn movie. 7/10.