DVD - The Secret

Supreme Cmdr

From the film-

The Secret is The Law of Attraction. You attract to you what you think about most. Thoughts become things. Thoughts send out signals that draw the parallel to you. Sounds like rehashed Napolian Hill.

I think it has more to do with your psychological makeup than it does your thoughts affecting something outside of your head.

Quantum Physics pseudoscience something on the order of "What the Bleep do we know?"

If you watch the "Larry King Live" segment you'll see that J.Z. Knight (claims to channel a 3000 year old warrior called Ramtha) is part of this "Secret".

J.Z. Knight was behind "What the Bleep do we Know". She is a fraud and con-artist. Avoid this crap like the plague.

quote:

The Secret is The Law of Attraction. You attract to you what you think about most. Thoughts become things. Thoughts send out signals that draw the parallel to you.

Sorry but this seems pretty plausable to me.

Are you saying that your mind (how you think), doesn't control how you react to the outside world, thereby creating conditions and circumstances along that train of thought?

quote:

Originally posted by BC_Vet:

Sorry but this seems pretty plausable to me.

Are you saying that your mind (how you think),
doesn't
control how you react to the outside world, thereby creating conditions and circumstances along that train of thought?

No, like I said above,

quote:

I think it has more to do with your psychological makeup than it does your thoughts affecting something outside of your head. Quantum Physics pseudoscience something on the order of "What the Bleep do we know?"

I really don't see how the chemical reactions that constitute my thoughts in that 3 pounds of meat in my skull has any effect whatsoever on the outside world beyond their influence on my actions.

The Secret is a rehash of the 'create your day' mumbo-jumbo they were babbling about in "What the Bleep..."

It is one thing to recognize that mental focus and concentration can have dramatic results on outcomes but it is another to attach some quantum pseudo-science to the otherwise prosaic result that discipline produces. It's silly.

quote:

Originally posted by Frozen Ghost:

You attract to you what you think about most.

That statement alone disproves the theory.

Statistically speaking men think (consciously or not) about sex every 52 seconds (on average, women only 3 times a day.).

That theory of attraction faces a physiological impossibility.

So much for that.

Stingray,

Yes, if it did work Jessica Alba would be spinning in my lap right now. The fact that she is not is a source of constant frustration for me and another confirmation that we live in a hostile and uncaring universe.

The Ancient Secret, known to all of the successful people in history is this: "You have to get the other guy to give you his money while keeping yours." Now go out into the world and prosper using the knowledge of the Ancients! Void where prohibited, contents may settle, sold by atomic weight not by volume.

quote:

Originally posted by Frozen Ghost:

Yes, if it did work Jessica Alba would be spinning in my lap right now. The fact that she is not is a source of constant frustration for me and another confirmation that we live in a hostile and uncaring universe.

Damn you, now I know why she's not spinning in MY lap.

Well, on the plus side, she'd be ripped to pieces if the theory did work.

At least we can enjoy seeing her at the movies.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I thought of putting out this DVD! The law of attraction is what it is and always has been and if you sit and take the time to review the energy you were conducting (consciously or subconsiously) at times of joy or troubles, it is pretty easy to prove. It is science. You do have to be quite honest and say this is what I was truly putting out there even though I was acting a this way. If that makes sense. I do belive that when the thought is true and right for you, it can manifest. I know in my case I always have underlying doubt and I am a bit lazy so getting what I think I desire that way is difficult. Also at times I have wanted things and gotten them but at the loss of something else..... not ideally what I would have wanted to happen.

Coming up with this DVD and putting it out in the times that we face now...that was just smart, no secret there.