Movies - 300

Scrivener

Wow, what a fun movie... but this one is for guys only as it's rated R for some very good reasons. Blood, guts, decapitations, boobs, sex, freaks, violence... it's got it all. The only thing keeping it from getting a 10 in my book is the somewhat grating sidestory involving Leonidas' wife and one traiterous politician. They've added A LOT of content not present in the graphic novel - which makes sense considering the story NEEDED to be fleshed out to meet a minimum running time (the comic can be read in about 20 minutes), but some of what they've added is just silly.

There's also one line in the film that garnered snickers from at least half the audience... "Freedom isn't free." Heh. They probably should have left that out for obvious pop culture reasons.

Anyway, 9/10. Go see it. Today.

Just came back from seeing it. I'm, I'm, speechless.

Sure I covered my eyes in some parts, but boy, you just want to keep watching.

This movie was a masterpiece. I don't give a rat's a$$ if they added stuff to it or not, since I never read the novel, nor do I care for Frank's novels.

I plan on seeing it again.

10/10

Guest Grayfox

quote:

but this one is for guys only

i would beg to differ on that point... i was talking to my mother (whos 62 btw) on sunday and she was talking about how her and her roomate had went out to go see a movie she says it like this... "i saw a really good movie the other day... the 300..." my jaw dropped at this point. i asked her if she liked it and she was enthusiastic!!! "oh yes! i loved it... boy those spartans were real hell raisers werent they?" my prudish mother going to go see a bloodbath movie??? it was like she hit me with a hard left...

the right was soon to follow... "then after that we bought another ticket and went to go see that new nicholas cage movie... ghost something" i couldnt believe it... the look on my face musta been classic because my partner thought something was seriously wrong. after telling him what my mother went to go see, he just chuckled and said "its always the quiet ones"... well after i regained my composure i calmly asked my mother if after the movies she went out and started any bar fights... unfortunately she answered no.

amazing... known her for 32 years and she can still drop bombs on me