Political Discussion 2

I figure we should rotate the discussions about every week or so, that way everyone can get their occasional mind exercises.

Next topic: The legality of camp delta (aka the prision camp in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba).

Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War

Also discuss the reasoning for the camp's location in Cuba.

It's probably good for everyone interested to go back and read over some of the things we agreed on. But this thread will probably suffice since we haven't had many ordered/structured debates since 2001.

Not like I'm a mod or anything.

[AFTER EDIT]

Probably would be a good read for anyone to go back and find some of our old debates and read them... good food for thought.

Some of our posts are books.

Nice one Rush Limbaugh... nice one.

I haven't been keeping up with the political process much lately... but anyone for an insensitive debate can try starting the topic of:

Tolerance VS Acceptance : Alternate lifestyles

tolerance verses acceptance.

Fine with me, live how you want, but don't tell me about it and flaunt it like it's an acceptable behavior.

Want to be fringe, be fringe, but I don't want to see you running down the street in a parade in your S&M outfit, showing your hairy butt to the world. (pretty picture huh?)

I tire of all these gay pride parades where all the freaks come out, where are the normal ones, the ones that work in offices, drive trucks, programs computers. They are in the closet, because they do not believe that their private lives should be shown to the world.

Those are the ones that I respect and accept, the others, the ones in those silly parades, in their S&M outfits, hang out at the bars etc are not the ones that I will accept or tolerate.

The gays are a minority, and should accept the fact that they are. They should not expect special rights because of their chosen lifestyle.

I can accept their lifestyles, if they keep it to themselves, you don't see me running around the streets in my night clothes, sharing my personal sexual mores to the world, and they shouldn't be either.

Is that what you had in mind $iLk? LOL

That's pretty much it in a nutshell Jag. Although I take it a step farther... PDA (Personal Displays of Affection) between any couple, hetero, homo, trans, whatever are a private matter. Holding hands I can understand, but when two people are making out in public, whether it's two guys, two girls, or a guy/girl thing, is disgusting to me.

There is truly a time and a place. As far as alternative lifestyles, I accept the fact that some people have chosen that path in life. I don't agree with it but it's not like they are going to go away. I tolerate that lifestyle whenever they act normal about it. I have several 'gay' friends that are really decent people. They are openly gay as far as telling you they are, but that's about as far as they take it. They don't wear skin-tight fruity looking outfits, they dress somewhat normal, albeit a bit too nice for a straight person.

The problem is, as you stated Jag, when they try to ram it down your throat (figuratively not literally) that you need to accept their life choice of running around, asscheeks hanging out of their leather skin tight pants with a bondage ball in their mouth and the big rainbow shirt... that's a bit too much.

You don't see me going around town flaunting my heterosexual lifestyle for acceptance do you? I don't go around with perversions all over my person flaunting the fact that I love straight sex.

I believe that any type of relationship beyond holding hands, hugging, and the occasional peck on the cheek belongs "in the closet" so to speak. Regardless of your gender/orientation.

If it's in public... now if I had two girls at home making out... that's probably a different story...

I am a guy after all... although I've mostly left the 2 girls at the same time fantasy back in my 'younger' days... I'm looking for responsible girl nowadays.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

although I've mostly left the 2 girls at the same time fantasy back in my 'younger' days

OMG it is truly a sad day when a man loses that. I mean it's the only thing that keeps us guys going even in our darkest hours. And indeed to lose that hope is surely a dark day for humanity. Of everything that has come and gone and all the things that I have lost, it is that one hope that keeps me going day after day. For without it it is surely the death of man.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I'm looking for responsible girl nowadays.

Sorry to disilusion you but there is no such animal. First there's that time of month insanity and moodiness then when that's over it menopause where they go even more insane and it's all downhill from there.

quote:

OMG it is truly a sad day when a man loses that. I mean it's the only thing that keeps us guys going even in our darkest hours. And indeed to lose that hope is surely a dark day for humanity. Of everything that has come and gone and all the things that I have lost, it is that one hope that keeps me going day after day. For without it it is surely the death of man.

That is truly poetic... I'm serious...

quote:

Sorry to disilusion you but there is no such animal. First there's that time of month insanity and moodiness then when that's over it menopause where they go even more insane and it's all downhill from there.

I'm not that naive... but I have to have some hope... maybe back in the 1800's?