Exporting America

Exporting America on CNN. I just watched this segment on CNN bloody amazing how the Democrats are blaming the Bush administration when ex President Clinton also helped big time with this issue with NAFTA. What a bunch of hippocrates! It's a politician issue pow powing to the corporate lobby and should not be blamed on one party or another I blame them all not to mention rising taxes and rising health benefit costs among other issues that add to company woes and make them want to out source to other cheaper countries.

I do have one question that I'm curious to find out anyone's take about. Do you think the government should be involved and meddle in private corporate free trade?

I dont think the government should meddle in many if not most of the things it is today. Gone is the original America of limited government. But such is life I suppose. People cannot solve their own problems these days...they always want a rule for every perceived wrong and government standards abound. I just wish once that I could see the government say to some issue that its none of their business and have no comment.

As far as exporting jobs...my own job is being exported overseas in a few weeks. I dont want it to happen but in the natural circle of life in the business world its just another natural step. Its sad in several ways really but its to be expected. As jobs like those continue to move out the middle class will dwindle in America. And in theory America becomes a giant corporate head, the nexus of the world, where the nations of the world are the employees. Of course it might be rediculous. But it could happen if allowed to go unchecked...and something tells me it wont be long before someone tries to put a leash on these companies "expanding their global footprint" like mine is.

They are all lemmings I tell ya. If I were running a company like this tech support call center I would make it a point to advertise we do NOT have call centers overseas. When people call in to have a problem fixed they want to speak to someone in America not someone in India. Before long logic will sink in and they might be able to capitalise on NOT "expanding their global footprint". I havent met a single person over the phone that wanted to speak to someone in Pakistan. In most cases they are extremely grateful I am not.

[ 02-12-2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Forever Light ]

quote:

Originally posted by Forever Light:

I dont think the government should meddle in many if not most of the things it is today. Gone is the original America of limited government. But such is life I suppose. People cannot solve their own problems these days...they always want a rule for every perceived wrong and government standards abound. I just wish once that I could see the government say to some issue that its none of their business and have no comment.

As far as exporting jobs...my own job is being exported overseas in a few weeks. I dont want it to happen but in the natural circle of life in the business world its just another natural step. Its sad in several ways really but its to be expected. As jobs like those continue to move out the middle class will dwindle in America. And in theory America becomes a giant corporate head, the nexus of the world, where the nations of the world are the employees. Of course it might be rediculous. But it could happen if allowed to go unchecked...and something tells me it wont be long before someone tries to put a leash on these companies "expanding their global footprint" like mine is.

They are all lemmings I tell ya. If I were running a company like this tech support call center I would make it a point to advertise we do NOT have call centers overseas. When people call in to have a problem fixed they want to speak to someone in America not someone in India. Before long logic will sink in and they might be able to capitalise on NOT "expanding their global footprint". I havent met a single person over the phone that wanted to speak to someone in Pakistan. In most cases they are extremely grateful I am not.

You are soo right.

The time of limited government with liberty and freedom for all, guilty until proven innocent are now gone.

Corporations are the power brokers and the politicians are their political prostitutes.

Pay them enough and they will do just abut anything to us.

I got out of the electronics industry because I saw ALL the manufacturing going over seas, and the competition was incredible.

Engineering has even moved overseas, because they are just as well educated, but those engineers cost about 25% of what one here does.

It's becoming epidemic, and more and more corporations are doing it.

I think it's sad, but that is why I moved into real estate, I don't have to worry about it anymore, because they have yet to figure out how to move the houses overseas.

I'm sure that someone is working on it though....

As I said, Bill Clinton was a right wing nut-case. He LOVED the NAFTA deal and sold all of us hard-working Americans up the river. He did however turn a record deficit around, so I guess he wasn't so bad (except for the promiscuous encounter which was TOTALLY inexcusable)!!!!!

Americans are such babies, here we are with the highest standard of living in the world, the most disposable incomes, the worlds best health care system (read, not cheap but great), the lowest level of Unemployment in the industrialized world (except for maybe Japan) the lowest level of inflation in the world, the most stable currency, the easiest country in the world to become a millionaire, the lowest taxation level in the industrialized world and probably the most free.

We have the most cars, the biggest homes, the most roads, the most parks, the most of everything. But somehow, our leaders suck, wa, wa! our jobs are being exported, wa, wa! Our taxes are too high, wa, wa! I mean come on!

Here's a clue, every day you hear in the news that some state lost xThousands of Manufacturing jobs. The entire world is losing manufacturing jobs to automation. 100 Years ago 50% of the population was employed in farming, today it's less than 5%, get over it. 100 Years ago 10% of the population was employed in candle making, today it's less than 1%. Get over it. Time marches on, you need to learn new skills and stay competitive, it's not a new world order, it's the way of the world. Be happy that you are here, and not stuck in Nigeria starving to death.