9/11 Hearings

Well I just watched the Condoleezza Rice's testimony. All I can say is what the heck is wrong with Bob Kerry? He called her Dr. Clark at least 4 times until she pointed that out to him.

Do you think this shows he just obsessed over Clark's book. I bet you never see this repeated on the news. All I can say is Dr Rice did quite well but as for Bob Kerry in the immortal words of Red (the father in that 70's show) "What a Dumb A$$". It's funny to see the democrats focus on the Bush administration as if he and his staff had a silver bullet to stop 9/11 meanwhile asking all these questions about what Bush knew and should have could have done etc.. meanwhile Clinton also had the same information and did nothing at all. If anyone, I think Clinton should be dragged in front of this hearing and explain his inactions on the Al Qaeda threat.

[ 04-08-2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She chewed them up and spit them out.

You gotta love Dr Rice, she is not a lady to mess with.

You wanna know my dream election.

Democrat: Hillary Clinton

Republican: Dr Condoleeza Rice

Would that be a killer election or what?

Also Bob Kerry kept harping on the U.S.S. Cole. Excuse me but didn't that occur when Clinton was still in office? Clinton honors USS Cole victims on Veterans Day and didn't CLINTON and not Bush promise at that time "We mourn your loss and we shall not rest until those who carried out this cruel act are held to account." And what happened? Nadda. That's what.

So now everyone is gonna turn this into a gripe fest? For shame.

I have decided to remain undecided. Check LostInSpace' thread "Osama At hand?" for my discussion with Jaguar.

Ms Rice had the best statement. Nobody had the silver bullet. Not Clinton and not Bush.

Dumb question. Who made this panel? Congress? In my opinion it is far too little far far too late. Perhaps they will learn something that will be beneficial later but to try to pin the blame for 9/11 three years after the fact is silly.

I blame no one but al Qaida.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Ms Rice had the best statement. Nobody had the silver bullet. Not Clinton and not Bush.

Not according to those Democratic panel members sitting on that council. That's what boils my bum. When you listen to them ask their questions, they always point the finger at Bush. If those Democrats want to play back seat quaterback and use hind site then all in all the real blame should lay with Clinton about the whole thing with his inaction with the first world trade center attack.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Not according to those Democratic panel members sitting on that council. That's what boils my bum. When you listen to them ask their questions, they always point the finger at Bush. If those Democrats want to play back seat quaterback and use hind site then all in all the real blame should lay with Clinton about the whole thing with his inaction with the first world trade center attack.

Clinton went the diplomatic route which has now proven to have been unwise. Should Clinton have accepted Bin Laden when the Sudan offered him? Possibly. Would that have prevented 9/11? Who knows? Who knows when they hatched that plan?

[puts on Mr Rogers' Cardigan sweater] Can we say Posturing? I thought ya could. That panel is simply posturing. And as I said above I can recognize that it's far too little far too late.

Eh, I agree with you about the monday morning quarterback thing. I gave it three weeks. Two more to go for it to come off the boil. Let's see if I'm right.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Would that be a killer election or what?

Not to mention history in the making the first female president.

one of which is black. I'd almost vote for Rice just for that.

Well looky looky here. Gore and Clinton meet with panel.

There is a phrase we use down here. "Talking it up" is a colloquialism that means discussing it makes it appear. Well it seems I talked it up.

quote:

It wasn't until after the Bush administration took power that U.S. intelligence concluded al-Qaida had sponsored the attack on the ship in the harbor at Aden, Yemen. Some commissioners have been critical of the decision not to launch a retaliatory military strike.

An interesting article but as with all my Yahoo links get it quick because they tend to be moved.

quote:

President Bush (news - web sites) and Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites) also will meet privately with the full panel in a joint session in coming weeks. They initially restricted the interview to one hour with two panel members, but under mounting public pressure agreed last week to a joint session without time constraints.

That still bothers me. Bush thinks he is above reproach. He is not. I am glad public pressure has forced him to spend more time with this panel.

I for one see no reason to dissect this any more than it has been already. It's starting to look like vivisection and that does none of us any good.

Ponting the finger of blame over a year after the fact is a ludicrous waste of time and energy.

Plain and simple...We got caught with our pants down...... again. Or did we?

The retribution for this heinous act is being carried out as we speak. But.....

Is it directed at the right people?

I still have some nagging inconsistencies rolling around in my Pons.

Was it really the sole doing of Al Qaueda or was it?

When I viewed the television coverage on that day a few things struck me as really odd.

1. Reports of hearing after explosions.

2.Both towers dropping like a controlled implosion.

3. No military air response to commercial aircraft disappearing from radar.

It sort of reminds me of Pearl Harbor.

There was a low grade officer at a listening station not far from Hawaii who was screaming bloody murder that something bad was about to happen. He was told to siddown and shaddup.

Pearl Harbor was an orchestrated scenario designed to embroil the United States in WW II with resounding Senate and Congressional approval.

I think if we pull all the baseboards off and shine the light of truth in there, we're going to see alot of rich little Roaches come scurrying out of the darkness.

There was plenty of motive to orchestrate the attacks of 9/11 to give the green light for the invasion of Iraq and the removal of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

But it wasn't Jeb's idea. He ain't smart enuff fer that.

Funny thing is it's going to backfire right in the faces of those who conspired this travesty.

Sure, we took Saddam out of power with the intention to return Iraq to it's people. Or did we?

Now I have to ask myself..

Will OPEC sit by while we install a sovereign government in Iraq with lots of strings attached to the puppetmasters in DC(District of Connecticut)?

Answer: Not likely.

Opec is now on the defensive and they are doing everything they can to stir Iraq into a civil war.

Iraq was not about terrorism or WMD's and never was. Saddam wouldn't get his marbles out of the bag and play nice.Soooo...

The Bushies and their compadres who want to drink from that big 'ol Texas Tea spigot that Iraq is sitting on, decided to just swipe Saddam's bag of marbles and Opec wants them too.

He who brings the biggest bag of marbles will rule the game.

Nothing like playing a good game of Global marbles on the backs of innocent people, using a good plausible deniability cover story for the masses of course.

The whole lot can go suck mud for all I care.

I'm done with it.

I'll just sit back and laugh at all the point-Counterpoint delusions you guys are having here in this forum I hope all of you have some really warm clothing stashed away. Nuclear Winter is gonna be a dog.

[ 04-09-2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The Bushies and their compadres who want to drink from that big 'ol Texas Tea spigot that Iraq is sitting on, decided to just swipe Saddam's bag of marbles and Opec wants them too.

I don't agree. I point the finger at all Americans for all of this. All of those big 'ol Texa tea spigot vehicles everyone drives from place to place without a care in the world. And I bet your bottom dollar every one of those families of 9/11 still have an insatiable appetite for the oil as well. Instead of them continuing pointing their fingers at Bush, wouldn't it be a hell of a lot more constructive to put all that energy into forcing the government to invest in alternative fuel research? And I'm not talking about the way the government is doing it now dragging their heels.

Pardon me, BOTH of you, but alternative energy is NOT the answer, and Bush and his buddies sure as heck do NOT need Iraqi oil.

We are sitting on MORE oil in ANWR then all of the IRAQI crude and most of Kuwait's crude as well.

If the environmental extrmists got off this kick of drilling in 4% of that reserve, we wouldn't need ANYONES oil, we would have enough of our own.

This blood for oil crap is just that CRAP, otherwise Bush and the Republicans wouldn't be fighting so hard for Anwr.

Now, if Bush and Pubbies were ignoring Anwr and weren't fighting the Democrats and these environmental whackos, then I might be able to understand the blood for oil crap, but it just don't wash. Sorry....

Will you guys look at these things logically, instead of with the tinfoil beanie on please?

And You have failed to account for the other drilling they want to do.

Nice try Takvah, but your facts don't jive...

ANWR is indeed the answer, as well as the Gulf of mexico, off the Florida coast, and off the California coast.

And you may have evolved, too bad it's backwards...

The 9/11 panel is nothing more than a group of political vultures who want to feed their own agendas by using a terrible event.

Oh, and don't forget, Jag.

The Boodle Boys aren't looking to grab Iraqi oil for their own profit alone. They want it as the big cat's eye to knock OPEC's marbles out of the circle of their new World Government.It's all about controlling "ALL" the resources.

The United Stated doesn't even have to worry about drilling the ANWR, now that we have a proven technology that can turn any carbon based material into oil. Technically, we could thumb our noses at OPEC right now.

So the 9/11 panel is just another smokescreen to divert everyone's attention from what is really going on.

You can't see the forest for the forest fire.

I think I'll buy some stock in Reynolds Aluminum.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The 9/11 panel is nothing more than a group of political vultures who want to feed their own agendas by using a terrible event...

I 2nd that! I totally agree...

quote:

...a proven technology that can turn any carbon based material into oil...

Umm... I missed something? What is this technology !?

Ok I give up. No harm no foul. Cliff here we come.

quote:

The 9/11 panel is nothing more than a group of political vultures who want to feed their own agendas by using a terrible event.

Beat ya to it.

quote:

Pardon me, BOTH of you, but alternative energy is NOT the answer, and Bush and his buddies sure as heck do NOT need Iraqi oil.

This from the person who posted the "Anything into Oil" thread. Conspiracy theory that has been around since I was in high school. We want the Middle east to use their oil up first so when we DO drill ANWR, California, Gulf of Mexico, etc. we'll have all the oil and be rich.

Extinct_Reptilia Search for the thread "Anything into oil" and you'll have your answer. There is also another thread about it but I forget the name of that one. Try searching tech or the rubbish pit. It's sort of old and may still be there.

Reynolds Aluminum aka Alcoa stock symbol AA current price 33.86 share. I love watching stocks. Too bad I'm too naive to do anything. Perhaps one day.

$ilk would probably get better mileage out of conservatives.

Interesting is right, I get the odd feeling though the report (briefing papers) was altered for public viewing.

A lot of stuff said on there was already proven as a lie by Rice, so it is interesting stuff.

The 9/11 panel can not and will not get the truth about any of this.

The players are hiding in their Top Secret camouflage and will continue to play their National Security cards,aka (get out of jail free).

That's the main problem with today's government. Too many secrets, which makes it all too easy for anyone in DC to do whatever the hell they want, with no fear of retribution.

/puts freshly made aluminum beanie on.