Ruminations about war past or present

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I don't want to go to and get a work app and see that I have to select my Ethnic background. Why must I select it? Cause since I'm white I stand little chance of getting a job, yet if i was select black or hispanic I'd get the job in a heartbeat.

Common guys, use your heads. Do what I do. I pen in a box and check it [X] American on all my applications. If a good portion of the population did the same, someone is bound to the get the idea.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you who that insist that Bush's reasons to go to war was unfounded and a lie Gas shell findings a concern for Iraq arms inspector. So, ummm, what about those weapons of mass destruction? They don't exist you say. Clearly they are there somewhere. I'm more surprised that CNN ran this story because it favors Bush's stance since the begining of the war.

quote:

Your Idea of AMERIKA, is not my AMERICA. My point again avoided and attacked by those who apparantly choose to wear blinders, rather than face truth. I am an AMERICAN, who stands for TRUE principle, and TRUE freedom, and the TRADITIONAL AMERICAN way of life.

This has got to be one of the better statements I've ever heard on this board, ever. I didn't understand what you were talking about until El Che explained the difference between Amerika/America. Very cool street

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

Amerika was the title of a TV movie about how the Soviet Union took over the United States (of America).

I thought everyone KNEW that!!! Man!, am I getting OLD, or what???

Nah, we're not getting old just everyone else seems to be getting younger .

LOL

quote:

Nah, we're not getting old just everyone else seems to be getting younger . [/QB]

...and you're getting that much wiser?

Anyways... sorry for bringing this off topic, but was that the movie with Patric Swayze (or whatever his name is...)? Or am I waayyyy off target?

quote:

I wish that were the case,Lost. Then all we would have to do is sit back and wait, and everyone would start reverting back to their base molecular beginnings. War would END, and this whole issue could disssssolve!! LOL

Damn, you have to get me started again . Have you ever seen the molecular world. There's more wars going on there in a day than humans have been involved with in a thousand years or more. The war of survival. In that respect, humans are downright peaceful.

quote:

Damn, you have to get me started again . Have you ever seen the molecular world. There's more wars going on there in a day than humans have been involved with in a thousand years or more. The war of survival. In that respect, humans are downright peaceful.

That was purely based on: "Me NOT getting older, and EVERYONE ELSE getting younger". I would still be here, and their wars would be just as insignificant to me, as the molecular battles are at present. Of no concern to ME personally.

quote:

1: That was purely based on: "Me NOT getting older, and EVERYONE ELSE getting younger".

2: ....just as insignificant to me, as the molecular battles are at present. Of no concern to ME personally.

1: I know I just felt like taking it a bit further as a distraction from this Iraq business.

2: Umm, I'd re-think that if I were you. Have you seen the death rate from virus and bacterial infections? I'd reconsider that as not being of no concern to you personally.

No one is safe. Damn, nasty little molecular insurgents.

quote:

Originally posted by Vixef:

Anyways... sorry for bringing this off topic, but was that the movie with Patric Swayze (or whatever his name is...)? Or am I waayyyy off target?

I think it was Kris Kristoferson (sp?) ... and the Russian-looking actor from Jurassic Park.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

To those of you who that insist that Bush's reasons to go to war was unfounded and a lie
. So, ummm, what about those weapons of mass destruction? They don't exist you say. Clearly they are there somewhere. I'm more surprised that CNN ran this story because it favors Bush's stance since the begining of the war.

Still waiting to see the evidence... no evidence of WMD's = american soldiers' lives lost in vain

What a shame that you support this behavior.

Sorry, no soldiers life lost is EVER in vain.

Keep up the Mantra El Che, you're gonna look awfully foolish.

Then again, you're no the only liberal that is going to look foolish.

The evidence is getting to strong to ignore,yet you will continue to say what you are saying, and logically thinking people are going to know EXACTLY what motivates you, and you are just gonna look like another crazy that hates Bush and will bash him in any way you can.

Sorry, the WMD's exist, and so does the Link to Al Quaeda.

Keep it up, I can't wait until the evidence is so thick that it can't be ignored, and I get to say with total and absolute certainty. " I told you so" I am confident enough to say that now, but I'll wait until the hole is so deep there is no way you can sneak out of it...

quote:

Originally posted by El Che:

Still waiting to see the evidence... no evidence of WMD's = american soldiers' lives lost in vain

What a shame that you support this behavior.

You did read that article didn't you?

"A wild goose chase is when you're looking for something that may not exist," he said. "We're looking for something that does exist, and that is the truth. You know I wasn't sent here to find weapons of mass destruction. I was sent out here to find the truth about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction programs."

What do you consider evidence? More than 2 shells?well you may get your wish because if any of those insurgents see that CNN article they will know what they've got now and use it properly.

Even one of those shells used the proper way could have killed and infected many thousands of Americans and Iraqis alike. One shell is a weapon of mass destruction and was/is in violation of Saddam's agreement to destroy them.

I know nobody likes to eat crow (though I've heard it tastes just like chicken) but you better get plenty of gravy and butter ready cause some of you are going to be eating it for a very long time.

quote:

What do you consider evidence? More than 2 shells?

how about a weapon of MASS destruction, as opposed to a couple of U.N. banned 25 mile range shells....

Yes, those TWO shells PROVE, that which we always knew: There were some gas shells in the old regieme's "OLD arsenal".(explains all the gas mask EVERY country has as part of their defense measures. Big Deal!

These shells are NOT what is referred to as "WMD". Not unless the definition has had radical overhaul, in the last 6 months.

I would contend, those old out-dated, and mis-placed shells would NEVER have become an issue, if we had not tore the shit out of that country.

yeah buddie, THOSE shells were a threat to the UNITED STATES, BRITIAN, and the REST of the world.

KILL em , KILL em ALL....(what a mentality for a president to impart upon his people!!)

I mean, come on people!! We are talking about a COUNTRY here. Not some gang hiding in the Bronc's of NEW YORK. Let's get some REAL perspective, for God's Sake!

[ 05-28-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: street ]

quote:

"Where were the missiles? We found them," another senior administration official told Insight.

makes me wonder what Official are they quoting here???

Definately a partisen paper...INSIGHT? ok..mediocre biased press at best. I assure you. If you have ever read their paper, it would be obvious.

quote:

But another reason for the media silence may stem from the seemingly undramatic nature of the "finds" Hanson and others have described. The materials that constitute Saddam's chemical-weapons "stockpiles" look an awful lot like pesticides,

I like the way they twist facts to mean what they want them to mean. Who would have believed ANOTHER country, besides the U.S.A., would have commercial and agricultural, chemicals and pesticides?

quote:

Pesticides are the key elements in the chemical-agent arena," Hanson says. "In fact, the general pesticide chemical formula (organophosphate) is the 'grandfather' of modern-day nerve agents."

No! REALLY?.....Even HERE , they name the OLD FASHION pestiside. One would EXPECT a 3rd world country to be using. QUITE a STRETCH to interpret this as WMD's

quote:

Caches of "commercial and agricultural" chemicals don't match the expectation of "stockpiles" of chemical weapons. But, in fact, that is precisely what they are. "At a very minimum," Hanson tells Insight, "they were storing the precursors to restart a chemical-warfare program very quickly."

Yeah RIGHT!!! So, by their definition, I have WMDs stored in my shed, and out in my BARN!!!

WOW, you had better turn me into the SS, or the Fatherland's friendly CESTAPO..err ..BUSH's HOME LAND SECURITY. I MUST be a threat to the WHOLE WORLD. duh!

GEESE!! I would be more leary, in what I concluded as FACTS and EVIDENCE!...The WEB is FULL of good ole fashioned YELLOW Journalism and unverifiable opinion's presented as TRUTH.

quote:

how about a weapon of MASS destruction, as opposed to a couple of U.N. banned 25 mile range shells....

Yes, those TWO shells PROVE, that which we always knew: There were some gas shells in the old regieme's "OLD arsenal"

The particular shell was a dual chamber shell, where the components get mixed in the air as the shell spins to its destination. There was a gallon of sarin in that shell. If the shell were opened and the chemicals removed, you'd have enough dosage to kill thousands, if not tens of thousands. The fact that this was used as an improvised roadside bomb meant that the sarin chemicals didn't get the chance to mix properly. Then there are those who claim that the dual chamber shell was a more recent innovation than what was available during the 1991 war.

quote:

These shells are NOT what is referred to as "WMD". Not unless the definition has had radical overhaul, in the last 6 months.

I disagree.

That definition was meant to cover a variety of things, including nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. The point being that it was meant to include something larger than the suicide bomber or manure bomber.

Obviously, a nuclear detonation will instantly kill 100,000 in the blast zone, and irradiate millions more with the fallout. A biological weapon will infect those in the immediate area and start an epidemic and ensuing panic. A chemical weapon will kill those within its effective range within minutes before dissipating.

We've already found chemicals including cyanide and now sarin, we've found biological cultures in scientists own refrigerators, the jury's still out on uranium.

quote:

I would contend, those old out-dated, and mis-placed shells would NEVER have become an issue, if we had not tore the shit out of that country.

The interesting question is: how many times does one use the excuse that a "found" weapon is a holdover from the prior war before we begin to question the effects of the UN weapons inspectors who should have found the stuff. If they said they couldn't find them, and they now show up in ones and twos, do we start asking what else the UN weapons inspectors failed to find that might still be out there?

quote:

Yeah RIGHT!!! So, by their definition, I have WMDs stored in my shed, and out in my BARN!!!

Like I said in an earlier post, in order to use the dual use argument, you have to show evidence of the intended use. I have no doubt that the stuff in your garage is used to kill the weeds in your garden, but show me the industry and agriculture in Iraq for which these chemicals were intended, otherwise I will surmise that they were for the "other" use.

But why would they have pesticides 6ft under whats the use of those things under ground? You would have to wonder.

quote:

"Reference strains" of a wide variety of biological-weapons agents were found beneath the sink in the home of a prominent Iraqi BW scientist. "We thought it was a big deal," a senior administration official said. "But it has been written off [by the press] as a sort of 'starter set.'"

Whats he doing washing his hands?

I'm ready with the gravy and butter, and if I'm wrong I'll kiss Jaguar where the sun don't shine. Kind of funny how that whole story died out, though. Haven't heard anything legitimate about it in quite a while now. Hmmmm. But hey, guys, don't worry, I'm sure the weapons of mass distraction will turn up eventually and then YOU'LL have the last laugh, won't ya?