Could we have won

I posted other.. I dont think we should have been deployed in vietnam.. in the first place and if we were going to be deployed it should have been on Giaps side.

Giap was the one who won opposing the french and if that country had any hope of being united under one man it was him.

We had no business backing up a handful of puppet generals... But then again vietnams unity wasent our reason for goin in there in the first place.

apperntly people tell me it was rubber.. ... Oh well.

The vietnam war was completely political, that's why we lost. But the politics involved did not allow our general's to run the war, that's why, in the end, we lost. But we still kicked major butt though

Guest Shingen

There are those who believe that the Vietnam War was ultimately not about Communism, but about controlling the opium profits created within the Golden Triangle.

Ahh... I love a good conspiracy.

I believe both kalshion and shingen are correct in their statements or post

Shin, Not all conspiracies are the psychotic babbalings of the near insane...MOST have a basis, or, at the very least, some foundation to which they are built.

I like to try and neutralize a given conspiracy, and if it cannot be done...well, who knows....?

[ 05-12-2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: street ]

Guest Shingen

I didn't mean that I actually "believe nothing".

However, the Buddha teaches that if you put your faith in "nothing" (nothing being everything but nothing in particular or specific), that you will find peace, and "truth will not forsake you".

"From Nothing, everything is being, and everything returns"

No I'm not Buddhist.

So you belive killing all innocents is ok as long as we burn a few guerillas. Thats the problem man you cant do that not if your America anyways. Why? you might ask? Because in America we try to take the moral high ground not to just kill everyone and be done with it thats just not smart if you dont want the world allying against you. I think we could have won but this is how. As posted in a different thread which i advise all other debates to be posted in

quote:

Recently I learned of a Project Pheonix started at about 1968 which was about infiltrating the communist ranks and destroying it from the inside. It also could have taken till 2010. If we had started this operation early I think we could have Truely won but with the approach we used im not so sure.

ps: Thats the Vietnam thread if you didnt know

Signing off

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

There are those who believe that the Vietnam War was ultimately not about Communism, but about controlling the opium profits created within the Golden Triangle.

Ahh... I love a good conspiracy.

It would be ok in the long run. Sure some civilians would be killed, thats another sad but sometimes unavoidable thing. By burning up most of the jungles we could have limited 90% of the Vietcong and NVA's suprise element making them extremely vulnerable to a full on frontal assault, considering their arms were inferior to the U.S.'s at the time. Communism or psuedo-Communism is bad. The war against it was neccessary, if we just let communism slide, the entire continent and 90% of Europe would now have communist governments.

You know what Blade you need to join the French Foreign Legion. Anyway dude you need to read the Vietnam Forum and stop posting in this one its for the Others (as in chose other in poll). Read through that and just to tell you I can back up all my statements with my research. After all when you doing a twelve page report you need to research alot.

I'm not I am simply saying i have more experince in such area then you with out "proof" everything is an opinion. I have read others "opinions" men who have fought and died there and I have come up with my "best opinion" But yours is supported by what. What have YOU read besides the captions on BF: Vietnam. I'm sorry man but without sources your "opinions" are nothing more then the ranting of a crazed Republican. Not that you are one but with out "facts" debates are nothing more then two people shouting nonsense at each other. You MUST support opinions with facts. If you want my sources ill tell you them

Vietnam:Why We Fought by Hooblar

No More Vietnams by Nixon

A Company Comanders Journal

We Where Soldiers

PBS Special

PBS Specials web site

Chicken Hawk

Mr. Siebert-Social Studies teacher but he was in Vietnam so its like intervewing a Vietnam Vet.

Who backs you up Blade?

We could have one that war if we didnt have the boys in Washinton DC calling the shot no even allowing the Army commanders to call the shots second the us failed with its policy of Defense we could have made Vietnam the Biggest parking lot in South East Asia, but no LBJ has to have peace talke with Ho Chi Minh and stop the bombing on N Vietnam and with the continues pauses in the Bombing this allowed the Viet Cong or NLF to Rebuild there damaged Structures In short it was the Policy that failed us no the Army

Thats because if you want to LIVE IN THIS WORLD YOU DONT KILL IT. You say nuke everything which will in turn start a NUKLEAR WAR which will in turn KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. you dont think so? Russia had 100 megaton bombs by the end of the Cold War and lots of them enough to blow the planet many times over. We had less powerfull bombs but we had more Had we bombed Vietnam into a "parking lot" Russia would say "Our comrads are dieng AHH MOTHERLAND" and nuke us we nuke back the nuke back and so on untill there is nothing to nuke. And Blade you can go and say everyhing you find on the internet is true. When you read a book (non-fiction) you have to assume that although possibly biased the guy know what hes saying. If I post on the internet that Vietnam was full of Naked women would you belive me? probably not but someone will and they might go on saying that untill a lot of people belive it but that doesnt make it right. The internet doesnt have a screening process for false info books do. Thats why you need to support your arguments with facts and facts from every side. Because otherwise everything you say is simply opinion to be discarded if not liked.