Democrats at their best!

I'm sure this will be another thread that will garnish alot of heat so I'm putting on my asbestos gloves. Avis Gave Discounts To Lawmakers While Lobbying. Democrats are for the people? Could have fooled me.

"This happened in 2002, while several car rental companies pushed for a law making renters' insurance responsible in an accident, instead of the rental companies.

The measure passed, but the Lobbying Commission fined Avis $15,000 for not releasing some of its records. The names of which lawmakers got a discount from Avis were not revealed until this week."

Interesting find LIS, but it's nothing new.

There have been big money Lobbyists operating in every governmental body in the country.

If big money wants something, they send their Bribers, errr Lobbyists to coerce the lawmakers to pass legislation that will favor their business and their profits.

Could you or I walk into a Senate or Congressional meeting to redress grievances?

I doubt it.

But, if we had a couple million dollars or some nice little presents for the lawmakers, we could without a doubt.

edit: My bad, I forgot...It doesn't matter what party affiliation the elected lawmakers subscribe to, they all do this.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

There have been big money Lobbyists operating in every governmental body in the country.

Yeah, I've know that since I was about 5 but when you talk to democrats they think other wise "Oh no, the democratic party is not about big buisness or their lobby they are for the people by the people" . I thought it was time to start pointing these things out to some of the youngens on this board who aren't as savy as us older folk and who think that just the republicans are for big buisness. The only difference between the Republican and Democratic party is that at least you know where the Republican's are coming from (as in affilitations and leanings) as for the Democrat's they claim they are for people but they just hide behind that to cover up their real motives.

Well, if you do check their main lobby money giver people they are mostly unions.

PS: Personally i think the only difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is the name. Both are corrupt. Neither are free from corruption. Neither will ever be free from corruption im sure.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Yeah, I've know that since I was about 5 but when you talk to democrats they think other wise "Oh no, the democratic party is not about big buisness or their lobby they are for the people by the people" . I thought it was time to start pointing these things out to some of the youngens on this board who aren't as savy as us older folk and who think that just the republicans are for big buisness. The only difference between the Republican and Democratic party is that at least you know where the Republican's are coming from (as in affilitations and leanings) as for the Democrat's they claim they are for people but they just hide behind that to cover up their real motives.