Afghanistan and Iraq.....

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

From the mouths of Left-leaning news organizations...

If only they would research their own archives before writing their current stories...

The sad thing is I think they do read them but they interpret them the Moorian way to suit their needs.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Realize the Facts!

From Teddy via Starke:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following ...

FDR...

led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,

an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...

finished that war and started one in Korea,

North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,

an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...

started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...

turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,

an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton....

went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,

Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter

three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us

President Bush has ...

liberated two countries,

crushed the Taliban,

crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya,

Iran and North Korea

without firing a shot,

and captured a terrorist who slaughtered

300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the

Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less

time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

quote:

Realize the Facts!

From Teddy via Starke:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following ...

FDR...

led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,

an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...

finished that war and started one in Korea,

North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,

an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...

started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...

turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,

an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton....

went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,

Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter

three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us

President Bush has ...

liberated two countries,

crushed the Taliban,

crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya,

Iran and North Korea

without firing a shot,

and captured a terrorist who slaughtered

300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the

Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less

time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

LIS... fear clouds judgment, end of story. The costs of this war and the blunders of this administration are tantamount to enabling terrorism. I find that highly convenient. I will post a link later listing the costs of this war to this country in terms of the monetary, the human lives lost,

Statistically speaking, the troops are safer over there than they are here. We have over there what, 150,000 troops? In the US 1.68% of them would have died in a car accident (that's 2520 of them) and another 8250 would have died of a homicide, but I guess in your world, it's better for someone to die of a cold blooded murder here in the good ol' US than in a noble attempt to make the world safer for the rest of us.

As for the Military expenditures, We saw some SERIOUS cutbacks in 99 that cut our expendatures down to about 3.2% of GDP, whereas right now we're spending closer to 3.6% of GDP, but again, in your world, we are not justified in spending an extra half percent to protect ourselves and bring the fight to THEIR soil, instead of sitting here and waiting for them to come for us.

quote:

Darkling... when you can spell hospital gimme a call.

Hospital, now give me your number so I can call you.

quote:

I didn't compare us to the WORLD, I compared us to a FUGITIVE ON DIALYSIS that is CAVE HOPPING and yet we cannot catch him. The rest of your comments I can only say we seem to agree on. I didn't say that the world LOVED us prior to this invasion... but hell even EUROPE hates our guts. I wouldn't give a damn about the French but it is far worse than that, far more reaching than the snobbery of an archaic state of cowards that fear the intrusions of ENGLISH and AMERICANA into their culture. There is distrust and frankly I have the same distrust for this government that I VOTED FOR and helped to put into office (especially being that I am in Florida).

You remind me of my ex-wife "What will the neighbors think" Who gives a S***! We need to do what is good for us, becuase I've got news for you. We live BETTER than the Europeans, the Asians, the South Americans, the Canadians the Muslims the Africans and EVERY SINGLE continent, country, state, tribe or group in between. Just as when I was growing up everyone hated a certain family in town, because they were rich, while the rest of us struggled, it's the same thing here. We consume over half the worlds resources, products and manufactured goods. We live in bigger homes and cars (plus more cars). We have more highways, parks, roads, HOSPITALS, police and everything in between. Yet we do all of this with Lower taxes, (Yes we have the lowest taxes in the industrialized world!) Lower military spending vs GDP, Lower Deficits vs GDP and lower Government spending vs GDP than anyone else. Because of all this they despise us and they will continue to despise us because, just like you are jealous of the Millionaire next door, the rest of the world is jealous of their Trillionaire next door.

Look at 20 years ago when Japan was buying buldings left and right, people hated them, yet Japan has an economy that at the time was 1/10 our size and now it's closer to 1/20th our size, because we've continued to grow while the rest of the world has lagged.

We need to do what's best for OUR interest and forget what the rest of the world has to say, they want us to help them out of their issues, but at the same time, tell us what to do, it's crazy.

quote:

LIS... fear clouds judgment, end of story. The costs of this war and the blunders of this administration are tantamount to enabling terrorism. I find that highly convenient. I will post a link later listing the costs of this war to this country in terms of the monetary, the human lives lost,

Statistically speaking, the troops are safer over there than they are here. We have over there what, 150,000 troops? In the US 1.68% of them would have died in a car accident (that's 2520 of them) and another 8250 would have died of a homicide, but I guess in your world, it's better for someone to die of a cold blooded murder here in the good ol' US than in a noble attempt to make the world safer for the rest of us.

As for the Military expenditures, We saw some SERIOUS cutbacks in 99 that cut our expendatures down to about 3.2% of GDP, whereas right now we're spending closer to 3.6% of GDP, but again, in your world, we are not justified in spending an extra half percent to protect ourselves and bring the fight to THEIR soil, instead of sitting here and waiting for them to come for us.

quote:

Darkling... when you can spell hospital gimme a call.

Hospital, now give me your number so I can call you.

quote:

I didn't compare us to the WORLD, I compared us to a FUGITIVE ON DIALYSIS that is CAVE HOPPING and yet we cannot catch him. The rest of your comments I can only say we seem to agree on. I didn't say that the world LOVED us prior to this invasion... but hell even EUROPE hates our guts. I wouldn't give a damn about the French but it is far worse than that, far more reaching than the snobbery of an archaic state of cowards that fear the intrusions of ENGLISH and AMERICANA into their culture. There is distrust and frankly I have the same distrust for this government that I VOTED FOR and helped to put into office (especially being that I am in Florida).

You remind me of my ex-wife "What will the neighbors think" Who gives a S***! We need to do what is good for us, becuase I've got news for you. We live BETTER than the Europeans, the Asians, the South Americans, the Canadians the Muslims the Africans and EVERY SINGLE continent, country, state, tribe or group in between. Just as when I was growing up everyone hated a certain family in town, because they were rich, while the rest of us struggled, it's the same thing here. We consume over half the worlds resources, products and manufactured goods. We live in bigger homes and cars (plus more cars). We have more highways, parks, roads, HOSPITALS, police and everything in between. Yet we do all of this with Lower taxes, (Yes we have the lowest taxes in the industrialized world!) Lower military spending vs GDP, Lower Deficits vs GDP and lower Government spending vs GDP than anyone else. Because of all this they despise us and they will continue to despise us because, just like you are jealous of the Millionaire next door, the rest of the world is jealous of their Trillionaire next door.

Look at 20 years ago when Japan was buying buldings left and right, people hated them, yet Japan has an economy that at the time was 1/10 our size and now it's closer to 1/20th our size, because we've continued to grow while the rest of the world has lagged.

We need to do what's best for OUR interest and forget what the rest of the world has to say, they want us to help them out of their issues, but at the same time, tell us what to do, it's crazy.

WOW! Darkling! I have never seen a more WARPED perspective on statistics. Did you even bother to read the things you were quoting or did you just go off half cocked again? I am glad that you finally learned how to spell HOSPITAL and now I'm going to SCHOOL YOU on statistics.

You quoted a report saying that 1.68% of the population DIED in car crashes. Nope, sorry WRONG. That's the INCIDENTS OF INJURY NOT DEATH. DOH! There were 42,000 deaths in say ohhhh 300,000,000 people. OOPS. Go read your facts again ... ok ... great.

NEXT... you went on to look at HOMICIDES and somehow determined that 8,250 out of 150,000 soldiers would have died from murder, manslaughter what have you. ROFLMAO... after I stopped laughing I ran the numbers. You must have equated the 5.5 out of 100,000 with 5.5%. I guess if you had bothered to READ or used a little common sense you might have thought, HMMM 5.5% of the population murdered, at 300,000,000 people that would be 16,500,000 deaths by homicide in this nation, that can't be right. THE ACTUAL NUMBER IS 5.5 PER 100,000 PEOPLE. SO, you would have had 9 people die in a year (rounding UP FOR YOUR ARGUMENT'S SAKE *snickers*) not 8,250.

I didn't bother to look at your information on defense expenditures. I frankly agree that we should have a strong military. My beef has been that Bush has not used our military in a SANE way. We didn't finish the job in Afghanistan and we started a war in Iraq with a dictator we first propped up and then contained. Saddam Hussein was not a THREAT. This is the problem I have with Bush, he LIED. I support a strong military and if I thought throwing money at it would make it stronger then I would say get that half percent of the GDP and give it to the Pentagon. BUT LOOK AT WHO IS RUNNING THE PENTAGON. Morons that are taken in by CONMEN. I think we need to be faster, and stronger. I think we need more personnel and one way you get more people is by investing in them. A truck driver in Iraq is getting paid $80,000 a year and a WARRIOR is getting JACK SH*T! Who the hell are you kidding with your rhetoric PAL? The only one here I see you fooling is YOURSELF.

By the way, Japan has an economy based on GDP that is 1/3 the size of ours not 1/20 and Japan has seen unprecedented growth in the last year (as opposed to the economic contraction they suffered in the 90s). Check the World Fact Book these numbers are for 2003 do you see where Japan ranks, (Number 4).

As for the envy I have for millionaires... are you nuts? My whole family is well off. I make a good bit of money and my family doesn't hurt for a damn thing. What do I have to be envious of? I eat every night, travel where I like, have health insurance and better yet MY HEALTH. I am a prince among men in my mind. I don't have class envy ONE BIT.

As for ex-wives... you remind me of mine too. She didn't know jack about numbers either... ran up the charge cards, which I paid off and now I carry next to no debt. Envy? Envy what? I live in paradise.

Thanks for playing, grab your Rice-a-Roni and other parting gifts on your way out. I'll wait 6 weeks for your next reply... maybe you better think the next one through a little more.

EDITED: I thought some of my verbage when it came to "schooling" was a little strong. *snickers*

Takvah

[ 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Takvah ]

WOW! Darkling! I have never seen a more WARPED perspective on statistics. Did you even bother to read the things you were quoting or did you just go off half cocked again? I am glad that you finally learned how to spell HOSPITAL and now I'm going to SCHOOL YOU on statistics.

You quoted a report saying that 1.68% of the population DIED in car crashes. Nope, sorry WRONG. That's the INCIDENTS OF INJURY NOT DEATH. DOH! There were 42,000 deaths in say ohhhh 300,000,000 people. OOPS. Go read your facts again ... ok ... great.

NEXT... you went on to look at HOMICIDES and somehow determined that 8,250 out of 150,000 soldiers would have died from murder, manslaughter what have you. ROFLMAO... after I stopped laughing I ran the numbers. You must have equated the 5.5 out of 100,000 with 5.5%. I guess if you had bothered to READ or used a little common sense you might have thought, HMMM 5.5% of the population murdered, at 300,000,000 people that would be 16,500,000 deaths by homicide in this nation, that can't be right. THE ACTUAL NUMBER IS 5.5 PER 100,000 PEOPLE. SO, you would have had 9 people die in a year (rounding UP FOR YOUR ARGUMENT'S SAKE *snickers*) not 8,250.

I didn't bother to look at your information on defense expenditures. I frankly agree that we should have a strong military. My beef has been that Bush has not used our military in a SANE way. We didn't finish the job in Afghanistan and we started a war in Iraq with a dictator we first propped up and then contained. Saddam Hussein was not a THREAT. This is the problem I have with Bush, he LIED. I support a strong military and if I thought throwing money at it would make it stronger then I would say get that half percent of the GDP and give it to the Pentagon. BUT LOOK AT WHO IS RUNNING THE PENTAGON. Morons that are taken in by CONMEN. I think we need to be faster, and stronger. I think we need more personnel and one way you get more people is by investing in them. A truck driver in Iraq is getting paid $80,000 a year and a WARRIOR is getting JACK SH*T! Who the hell are you kidding with your rhetoric PAL? The only one here I see you fooling is YOURSELF.

By the way, Japan has an economy based on GDP that is 1/3 the size of ours not 1/20 and Japan has seen unprecedented growth in the last year (as opposed to the economic contraction they suffered in the 90s). Check the World Fact Book these numbers are for 2003 do you see where Japan ranks, (Number 4).

As for the envy I have for millionaires... are you nuts? My whole family is well off. I make a good bit of money and my family doesn't hurt for a damn thing. What do I have to be envious of? I eat every night, travel where I like, have health insurance and better yet MY HEALTH. I am a prince among men in my mind. I don't have class envy ONE BIT.

As for ex-wives... you remind me of mine too. She didn't know jack about numbers either... ran up the charge cards, which I paid off and now I carry next to no debt. Envy? Envy what? I live in paradise.

Thanks for playing, grab your Rice-a-Roni and other parting gifts on your way out. I'll wait 6 weeks for your next reply... maybe you better think the next one through a little more.

EDITED: I thought some of my verbage when it came to "schooling" was a little strong. *snickers*

Takvah

[ 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Takvah ]

Little Grasshopper, please learn to keep a civil tongue in your mouth.

As the election draws closer, your posts become more desperate, and rude, I would tell you what this tells me, but it is probably obvious to you what I would say,

Please keep a civil tongue in your head, if you wish to debate, please post the facts, and quit attacking the messenger.

Your desperation is showing, If we were playing poker I'd raise you til you busted, or ended up showing your losing hand.

Calm down please......

Little Grasshopper, please learn to keep a civil tongue in your mouth.

As the election draws closer, your posts become more desperate, and rude, I would tell you what this tells me, but it is probably obvious to you what I would say,

Please keep a civil tongue in your head, if you wish to debate, please post the facts, and quit attacking the messenger.

Your desperation is showing, If we were playing poker I'd raise you til you busted, or ended up showing your losing hand.

Calm down please......

Poor little Grasshopper, attack, attack, attack.

Well, when you have nothing to defend except that Bush lied, which he did not, and you hate Bush.

It's pretty sad.

THe Pentagon has finally gotten the update that it needed, and the military is beginning to come back from the brink of disaster that CLinton and his cronies put it in.

It has been almost 4 years since Bush has taken office, and 3 years since 911.

Both the economy and the military and the intelligence agencies are recovering from thier destruction at the hands of the CLinton administration, and ALL you can say is Bush lied, and I hate Bush.

I find it fascinating, and sad as well.

We actually have a decent president in the White house, and all you can do is scream about he should be replaced with the most liberal man in the senate.

Bizarre, just straight up bizaree.

Poor little Grasshopper, attack, attack, attack.

Well, when you have nothing to defend except that Bush lied, which he did not, and you hate Bush.

It's pretty sad.

THe Pentagon has finally gotten the update that it needed, and the military is beginning to come back from the brink of disaster that CLinton and his cronies put it in.

It has been almost 4 years since Bush has taken office, and 3 years since 911.

Both the economy and the military and the intelligence agencies are recovering from thier destruction at the hands of the CLinton administration, and ALL you can say is Bush lied, and I hate Bush.

I find it fascinating, and sad as well.

We actually have a decent president in the White house, and all you can do is scream about he should be replaced with the most liberal man in the senate.

Bizarre, just straight up bizaree.

Poor little Grasshopper? What is that? Is that some kind of reasonable attack? I mean if it is then let's look at who's little around here *snickers*.

Your argument is circular. I destroyed Darkling and you didn't like it. You then make two posts that like all of your other posts dessimates the English language.

I don't hate Bush. I think he needs to stop HATING America and Americans while thinking that we're somehow stupider than he is. He lied. You can choose to believe that or not. Secondly we are only MARGINALLY safer now than we were on 9/11. Most of the professionals out there will tell you that this President has NOT done a stellar job of bolstering our intelligence gathering capabilities or security around our borders and ports. Just ask the Pakistanis and the English. You have to go pretty far when Pakistani Intelligence is saying, "WTF!"

That's the facts JACK.

Now you can chase your own tail screaming HATE, HATE, HATE all you want. Frankly man, you are the most pessimistic and hateful individual I have had to deal with in a long long time. Pretty small of you isn't it?

Later

Poor little Grasshopper? What is that? Is that some kind of reasonable attack? I mean if it is then let's look at who's little around here *snickers*.

Your argument is circular. I destroyed Darkling and you didn't like it. You then make two posts that like all of your other posts dessimates the English language.

I don't hate Bush. I think he needs to stop HATING America and Americans while thinking that we're somehow stupider than he is. He lied. You can choose to believe that or not. Secondly we are only MARGINALLY safer now than we were on 9/11. Most of the professionals out there will tell you that this President has NOT done a stellar job of bolstering our intelligence gathering capabilities or security around our borders and ports. Just ask the Pakistanis and the English. You have to go pretty far when Pakistani Intelligence is saying, "WTF!"

That's the facts JACK.

Now you can chase your own tail screaming HATE, HATE, HATE all you want. Frankly man, you are the most pessimistic and hateful individual I have had to deal with in a long long time. Pretty small of you isn't it?

Later

ROFLMAO!!

Poor Little Grasshopper, clueless, as usual.

I am niether hateful, nor pessimistic, now you on the other hand. OMG.......

Poor little grasshopper, I feel for you, I really truly do.......

Reality is something that you just don't seem to be a part of, I hate Bush, and Bush lied, I can't prove it, but Bush lied, whether you have loigic and facts on you side or not. I hate Bush, and no amount of facts is gonna get in the way of that.

Poor little grasshopper, Poor, poor little grashopper.....

ROFLMAO!!

Poor Little Grasshopper, clueless, as usual.

I am niether hateful, nor pessimistic, now you on the other hand. OMG.......

Poor little grasshopper, I feel for you, I really truly do.......

Reality is something that you just don't seem to be a part of, I hate Bush, and Bush lied, I can't prove it, but Bush lied, whether you have loigic and facts on you side or not. I hate Bush, and no amount of facts is gonna get in the way of that.

Poor little grasshopper, Poor, poor little grashopper.....

Prove it... WHERE THE HELL ARE THE WMDs SPARKY? HUH?

I swear to god, reality isn't in YOUR vocabulary. You're a flag waving idiot savant that knows only one thing, insults. Fine then have it your way.

Let me tell you something Jaguar, I have more creativity and intellect rolled into my middle finger than you have in your entire body. Yeah I said my middle finger, see it's the one I'm holding up to show you.

*Snickers*

I swear to god, reality isn't in YOUR vocabulary. You're a flag waving idiot savant that knows only one thing, insults. Fine then have it your way.

Let me tell you something Jaguar, I have more creativity and intellect rolled into my middle finger than you have in your entire body. Yeah I said my middle finger, see it's the one I'm holding up to show you.

*Snickers*

quote:

*Snickers*

Poor little Grasshopper, I told you where the WMD's are, I have told you a number of times, but poor little grasshopper, just does not listen.

Bush did NOT lie, ALL the intelligence pointed at the fact that Saddam had WMD's, so Bush was stating the truth as HE saw it, as the Brits saw it, and as the Russians saw it.

Bush Lied? ROFLMAO!!! Poor Little Grasshopper, no, Bush did NOT lie, as a matter of fact, that intelligence was CORRECT, but we were too late, those WMD's are sitting in Syria, being doled out like candy. And it is YOU, and those LIKE YOU, that are making it impossible for Bush to come out and say where they are. Which is really truly the saddest part of the whole thing.

The only way you will be convinced, is if a WMD goes off, and thousands of people are killed, then you will scream about how Bush didn't protect us.

Pitiful really, poor poor little grasshopper, I feel for you, I really do.

And your desperation is showing again Little Grasshopper, take it easy, you're going to pop a blood vessel.

quote:

*Snickers*

Poor little Grasshopper, I told you where the WMD's are, I have told you a number of times, but poor little grasshopper, just does not listen.

Bush did NOT lie, ALL the intelligence pointed at the fact that Saddam had WMD's, so Bush was stating the truth as HE saw it, as the Brits saw it, and as the Russians saw it.

Bush Lied? ROFLMAO!!! Poor Little Grasshopper, no, Bush did NOT lie, as a matter of fact, that intelligence was CORRECT, but we were too late, those WMD's are sitting in Syria, being doled out like candy. And it is YOU, and those LIKE YOU, that are making it impossible for Bush to come out and say where they are. Which is really truly the saddest part of the whole thing.

The only way you will be convinced, is if a WMD goes off, and thousands of people are killed, then you will scream about how Bush didn't protect us.

Pitiful really, poor poor little grasshopper, I feel for you, I really do.

And your desperation is showing again Little Grasshopper, take it easy, you're going to pop a blood vessel.