And Kerry is better or different than Bush how?

Article from Discriminations July 30th, 2004

You might have missed this, but a few days ago Teresa revealed on National Public Radio that the recipe she submitted to Family Circle magazine for its election year cookie bake-off was not hers.

Mrs. Heinz Kerry had originally submitted a recipe called Yummy Wonders, but, according to Family Circle, its test kitchen said the recipe did not work. When the magazine called her press office and asked if there had been a mistake, the press office sent the pumpkin cookie recipe without consulting her, said her press secretary, Marla Romash.

Whether she would have fessed up had the cookies been tasty is a matter that the historians will have to resolve.

I'm sure there are those who regard playing fast and loose with cookie recipes as of great/no (take your choice) importance, but what may be of some significance is the hint of an underlying paranoid style that pops up from time to time around Kerry's inner circle. Consider:

In an interview on National Public Radio that was broadcast yesterday, the cookies came up in conversation and in the direct, unvarnished style that people have come to expect, Mrs. Heinz Kerry said: "Somebody at my office gave that recipe out and, in fact, I think somebody really made it on purpose to give a nasty recipe. I never made pumpkin cookies; I don't like pumpkin spice cookies."

Direct, unvarnished ... blame of others (in this case her own staff) for attempting to bring her down.

------------------------------------------------

This is not pretty, but it's also not unique. Remember Kerry's response after his skiing, er, accident?

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over." [The alleged son of a ***** was the Secret Service agent protecting Kerry at the time.]

-------------------------------------------------

And now they've done it again. Did you see the pictures of Kerry in the funny looking "bunny suit" on his recent NASA visit? A "dirty trick," said his campaign. (Link via InstaPundit).

There was no "dirty trick" behind the photographs of Sen. John Kerry wearing the blue anti-contamination suit while touring the shuttle Discovery on Monday.

As political pundits and comedians pounced on the pictures of Kerry in what outsiders might deem a goofy-looking costume, the senator's campaign aides alleged the pictures were not supposed to be released publicly.

Not true, said NASA. Government photographers routinely snap pictures of visiting dignitaries.

Furthermore, NASA spokesman Bill Johnson said the Kerry campaign asked that the pictures be taken of the senator's unusually up-close tour of the Discovery and that processing be expedited so reporters could have them.

The pictures have prompted chuckles and jokes among political pundits covering the Democratic National Convention in Boston because, to people unfamiliar with shuttle operations, the head-to-toe light-blue suits look goofy.

No, what looks goofy, even mildly paranoid, is this habit of attributing everything that goes a bit wrong to the "dirty tricks" of others, presumably the all-powerful and ubiquitous "Republican attack machine" whose tentacles extend from NASA all the way into Teresa's kitchen.

And I bet you didn't know this one

Kerry honored at communist museum Photograph hangs in section devoted to war protesters

[ 08-09-2004, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard the latest?

The christmas in Cambodia lie has gotten legs, with BOOTS, and it is beating the crap out of Kerry, the lying SOB.

It is just too funny, he actually thought that he wouldn't get caught?

I mean he makes it his central campaign issue and does NOT expect this stuff to surface?

I cannot beleive that the Democrats are this STUPID, actually, yes I can, they are Democrats after all......

Heard the latest?

The christmas in Cambodia lie has gotten legs, with BOOTS, and it is beating the crap out of Kerry, the lying SOB.

It is just too funny, he actually thought that he wouldn't get caught?

I mean he makes it his central campaign issue and does NOT expect this stuff to surface?

I cannot beleive that the Democrats are this STUPID, actually, yes I can, they are Democrats after all......

It's them Democratic Hog Heads again, Jag.

The brains have been removed and mixed in with some scrambled eggs.

I related a story of a Swift Boat crewman in another thread. A fellow who had three boats shot out from under him, two of which he was the only survivor. He volunteered for the Swift Boats, otherwise he could have served his entire obligation as a boiler tender in the bowels of an aircraft carrier.

He has a Purple Heart for each incident and even after being awarded three of these medals, he refused to go stateside, signing on for another year after his first year was up.

At the end of his service he was Ordered to leave the theater after almost three years in Nam.

Personally, I consider both candidates to be treasonous cowards. Kerry for bugging out at first opportunity and becoming another Hanoi Jane. And Bush for hiding in a cozy little Guard unit.

As a combat pilot he could have transferred to an active unit. I know I would have.

In my book neither candidate is deserving of the office. Either way, we're going to have a lying coward sitting in the Oval Office come next January and I see no way of preventing it.

A sad state of affairs for America.

It's them Democratic Hog Heads again, Jag.

The brains have been removed and mixed in with some scrambled eggs.

I related a story of a Swift Boat crewman in another thread. A fellow who had three boats shot out from under him, two of which he was the only survivor. He volunteered for the Swift Boats, otherwise he could have served his entire obligation as a boiler tender in the bowels of an aircraft carrier.

He has a Purple Heart for each incident and even after being awarded three of these medals, he refused to go stateside, signing on for another year after his first year was up.

At the end of his service he was Ordered to leave the theater after almost three years in Nam.

Personally, I consider both candidates to be treasonous cowards. Kerry for bugging out at first opportunity and becoming another Hanoi Jane. And Bush for hiding in a cozy little Guard unit.

As a combat pilot he could have transferred to an active unit. I know I would have.

In my book neither candidate is deserving of the office. Either way, we're going to have a lying coward sitting in the Oval Office come next January and I see no way of preventing it.

A sad state of affairs for America.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a pattern here WASHINGTON - John Kerry, Bob Kerrey. ItÔÇÖs easy to get confused.

At least thatÔÇÖs how the Kerry campaign is explaining claims that Kerry ÔÇö the Democratic presidential candidate ÔÇö served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Oops. Make that Bob Kerrey ÔÇö the former Democratic senator from Nebraska who did serve as the panelÔÇÖs vice chairman.

In news releases and postings on KerryÔÇÖs campaign Web site as recently as last Friday, the Massachusetts senator is touted as the panelÔÇÖs former vice chairman. However, according to the Senate Historical Office, Kerry never had the seniority to hold a leadership position on the committee ÔÇö though he was a member from 1993 until 2001.

ÔÇ£John Kerry, Bob Kerrey ÔÇö similar names,ÔÇØ said Kerry campaign spokesman Michael Meehan, adding that any reference to Kerry as vice chairman was an error.

At least Bush knows what his job titles were.

Is there a pattern here WASHINGTON - John Kerry, Bob Kerrey. ItÔÇÖs easy to get confused.

At least thatÔÇÖs how the Kerry campaign is explaining claims that Kerry ÔÇö the Democratic presidential candidate ÔÇö served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Oops. Make that Bob Kerrey ÔÇö the former Democratic senator from Nebraska who did serve as the panelÔÇÖs vice chairman.

In news releases and postings on KerryÔÇÖs campaign Web site as recently as last Friday, the Massachusetts senator is touted as the panelÔÇÖs former vice chairman. However, according to the Senate Historical Office, Kerry never had the seniority to hold a leadership position on the committee ÔÇö though he was a member from 1993 until 2001.

ÔÇ£John Kerry, Bob Kerrey ÔÇö similar names,ÔÇØ said Kerry campaign spokesman Michael Meehan, adding that any reference to Kerry as vice chairman was an error.

At least Bush knows what his job titles were.

Nomad, your presentation, though offering a very practical view with logical and objective reason, is beyond the comprehension of those, who have allowed themselves to be embellished with politically biased views.

The implimention of a DIRECT democracy, with a population tainted by views of such radical polarity, would be a VERY dangerous combination at present.

I personally do NOT think, the american people are ready for such a move; however, I do NOT think the people are too stupid to handle such a system either(as do the politicians). I just feel, some form of massive EDUCATION, with REAL information, is necessary FIRST.

I do not expect such a development, as those who hold the reigns to power, seldom release hold of their advantage, except when forced. And, MOST American civilians, have'nt courage to face ANYTHING themselves, but depend on POLICE, or MILITARY intervention......to such a degree....the most corrupt, operate with the most immunity, and the victims, are as likely to be punished, for actively standing against them.

It is NOT hopeless, but likelyhood of success, is minute.

Nomad, your presentation, though offering a very practical view with logical and objective reason, is beyond the comprehension of those, who have allowed themselves to be embellished with politically biased views.

The implimention of a DIRECT democracy, with a population tainted by views of such radical polarity, would be a VERY dangerous combination at present.

I personally do NOT think, the american people are ready for such a move; however, I do NOT think the people are too stupid to handle such a system either(as do the politicians). I just feel, some form of massive EDUCATION, with REAL information, is necessary FIRST.

I do not expect such a development, as those who hold the reigns to power, seldom release hold of their advantage, except when forced. And, MOST American civilians, have'nt courage to face ANYTHING themselves, but depend on POLICE, or MILITARY intervention......to such a degree....the most corrupt, operate with the most immunity, and the victims, are as likely to be punished, for actively standing against them.

It is NOT hopeless, but likelyhood of success, is minute.

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

This will also help you understand why ppl, living in a country who manages 30% of the world's wealth and is filled up with multi-millionaires, coexists peacefully and without notable arguments or social unrest.

Ask yourself this why? Could it be because it's a great tax haven and the fort knox of the rich and the rich want to keep it that way. I'm not talking just the U.S. here but globaly. From the Nazi's to Sadamm and Al-Qaeda all see an advantage in having a safe and quiet haven for their funds.

Nazi Gold

New York, NY, Jun. 2 (UPI) -- A detailed analysis of Saddam Hussein's secret money-laundering techniques shows here for the first time how he used the same offshore money launderers as Osama bin Laden. That covert money network, based in the tax havens of Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Panama and Nassau, helped bankroll the war machines of both Iraq and al-Qaida.

Former Argentine president Carlos Menem has been charged with tax fraud for failing to declare a Swiss bank account containing $600,000.

There is more in the swiss closet just go look.

Sure the swiss may be politicaly quiet but when it comes to other global issues the swiss have a lot of explaining to do.

It's like the Suburbs here in the U.S. On the outside it looks real nice but look under the surface well you may not like what you find.

[ 08-23-2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

This will also help you understand why ppl, living in a country who manages 30% of the world's wealth and is filled up with multi-millionaires, coexists peacefully and without notable arguments or social unrest.

Ask yourself this why? Could it be because it's a great tax haven and the fort knox of the rich and the rich want to keep it that way. I'm not talking just the U.S. here but globaly. From the Nazi's to Sadamm and Al-Qaeda all see an advantage in having a safe and quiet haven for their funds.

Nazi Gold

New York, NY, Jun. 2 (UPI) -- A detailed analysis of Saddam Hussein's secret money-laundering techniques shows here for the first time how he used the same offshore money launderers as Osama bin Laden. That covert money network, based in the tax havens of Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Panama and Nassau, helped bankroll the war machines of both Iraq and al-Qaida.

Former Argentine president Carlos Menem has been charged with tax fraud for failing to declare a Swiss bank account containing $600,000.

There is more in the swiss closet just go look.

Sure the swiss may be politicaly quiet but when it comes to other global issues the swiss have a lot of explaining to do.

It's like the Suburbs here in the U.S. On the outside it looks real nice but look under the surface well you may not like what you find.

[ 08-23-2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

As you say, on global issues the swiss have a lot to explain, but I assure you that it would not be in the interest of many powerful nations if they would reveal what they do, for whom & what for.

[/QB]

Agreed. That's why no one is going to rock the boat with switzerland.

Anyway, I don't doubt you but I'm sure like here in the U.S. there are loop holes. I'll have to look into that.

I've moved this swiss topic to it's own thread. SWISS POLITICS and ECONOMY

[ 08-23-2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

As you say, on global issues the swiss have a lot to explain, but I assure you that it would not be in the interest of many powerful nations if they would reveal what they do, for whom & what for.

[/QB]

Agreed. That's why no one is going to rock the boat with switzerland.

Anyway, I don't doubt you but I'm sure like here in the U.S. there are loop holes. I'll have to look into that.

I've moved this swiss topic to it's own thread. SWISS POLITICS and ECONOMY

[ 08-23-2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Kerry isn't the perfect president. In fact he voted for the patriot act, War on IraQ, and Homeland Secruity. He hasn't talked about in his speechs of removing the patriot act or abolishing Homeland Secruity or stopping the War on Iraq. And I doubt he can fix this mess we created in the Middle East. But hes better than Bush and that is good enough for me unless you can offer me another democrat canidate to run against him.

Kerry isn't the perfect president. In fact he voted for the patriot act, War on IraQ, and Homeland Secruity. He hasn't talked about in his speechs of removing the patriot act or abolishing Homeland Secruity or stopping the War on Iraq. And I doubt he can fix this mess we created in the Middle East. But hes better than Bush and that is good enough for me unless you can offer me another democrat canidate to run against him.

Kerry better then Bush....

ROFLMAO!!!

No executive experience at ALL, a total failure in the Senate, a traitor when he came back from Vietnam, and you say he's better then Bush.

God you guys and your fairy tales, just kill me.

Kerry better then Bush....

ROFLMAO!!!

No executive experience at ALL, a total failure in the Senate, a traitor when he came back from Vietnam, and you say he's better then Bush.

God you guys and your fairy tales, just kill me.

Only because I don't want to start another thread, here is a Mark Steyn piece that just gets me to laughing, the guy is a fricking genius.

The telegraph

quote:

Kerry: strange, stuck-up... and stupid

By Mark Steyn

(Filed: 24/08/2004)

According to Francis Harris in Saturday's Telegraph, allegations that John Kerry "lied about his Vietnam record" are "unravelling". Oh, I wouldn't say that. Right now, it looks like the sanity of the Kerry campaign and its pals in the media that's beginning to unravel.

Switch on the TV these days and you'll see John O'Neill, principal spokesman for the hundreds of Swift boat veterans who oppose their old comrade Kerry, talking calmly and patiently about the facts, citing chapter and verse and relevant footnotes, while some deranged interviewer is going berserk.

The other day it was CNN host James Carville, former skinhead-in-chief to Bill Clinton, yelling and howling all over O'Neill's answers before brushing him aside with, "I've got no use for this man."

Meanwhile, the grandees at the New York Times, having studiously ignored the story for two weeks, decided that, with the Kerry campaign all but paralysed by the issue, they'd have to sully their lily-white hands with the ghastly business and kill it themselves. Maureen Dowd, the paper's elderly schoolgirl columnist, dismissed the dissenting Swiftees as "creepy-crawly", "stomach-turning", "sleazoids".

Pat Oliphant, who appears in the Washington Post and many other newspapers, offered a cartoon showing the Swiftees as Bush-backing deadbeats sitting round a bar *****ing: "I never seen Kerry do nothing hee-roic," says one loser. "Damn right," says another. "You and me was right there in latrine maintenance. We orta know."

The redneck spelling's a nice touch, ain't it? I wonder which of the anti-Kerry campaign's 254 Swift vets, including 17 of Lieutenant Kerry's 23 fellow officers, Oliphant thinks were in latrine maintenance. Maybe he's got in mind fellows like Paul Galanti, who appears in the latest anti-Kerry ad and whose plane went down over North Vietnam in 1966. He was held in the "Hanoi Hilton" Viet Cong POW camp until 1973. That's seven years getting tortured by the gooks, only to be mocked by some lame-o cartoonist as a redneck latrine operator.

I've never quite understood the preferred formulation of big-time Democrats ÔÇô that "of course" they support our troops even though they oppose this war. But in practice they "support our troop" ÔÇô singular ÔÇô just Lieut Kerry and the handful of Swiftees willing to appear in public with him. The rest can go to hell and any of 'em impertinent enough to question the Senator are just "sleazoids" wading through their own backed-up latrine. I wonder if the Kerry campaign and its media cheerleaders have really thought this one through.

Nothing the "sleazoids" say about Kerry is as bad as what he said about them 33 years ago in his testimony to Congress, when he informed the world that his comrades ÔÇô his "band of brothers" ÔÇô had "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads" etc, throughout their time in Vietnam.

Unlike John O'Neill's book, he didn't bother to give specifics: the US Army in general was rife with ear-severers. If you want to know why Paul Galanti is appearing in an anti-Kerry ad, it's because he first heard about this speech from his Viet Cong captors who cited it to try to persuade him and his fellow prisoners that resistance was now futile and they might as well cross over to the other side.

I said a couple of weeks back that John Kerry was too strange to be President, and a week or two earlier that he was too stuck-up to be President. Since I'm on an alliterative roll, let me add that he's too stupid to be President. What sort of idiot would make the centrepiece of his presidential campaign four months of proud service in a war he's best known for opposing?

I wouldn't stand for Parliament on a family values platform because I know someone's bound to bring up the 123 gay porn movies I had a bit part in back in Amsterdam in the 1970s.

How cocooned from reality do you have to be to think you can transform one of the most divisive periods in American history ÔÇô in which you were largely responsible for much of the divisiveness ÔÇô into a sappy, happy-clappy, soft-focus patriotic blur without anybody objecting? Most Vietnam veterans of my acquaintance loathe John Kerry, and, if he wasn't aware of that, he's too out of it to be President.

That can happen to rich guys, particularly touchy, thin-skinned rich guys who prefer to surround themselves with yes-men. Kerry was apparently infuriated by the cool reception he got from a veterans' audience last week. But why would he expect anything different?

And even if he'd never slimed his comrades, there's something ridiculous about a fellow with four months in Vietnam running as Ike, the Duke of Wellington and Alexander the Great rolled into one. On Sunday, after calling on the Senator to apologise to the 2.5 million veterans he slandered, Bob Dole couldn't resist chipping in his own view of Kerry's wounds.

"Here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of," he said. "I mean, they're all superficial wounds." Dole's right arm is withered and useless from wounds received in World War Two, and he never made a big hoo-ha about it in the '96 campaign.

But, more significantly, Dole prizes bipartisan Senatorial chumminess over almost everything, and my guess is he wouldn't be slamming Kerry if he weren't so revolted by the unseemly showboating of this campaign. If Vietnam vets loathe him, World War Two vets seem to think he's a buffoon. Short of reversing over the last 128-year-old Spanish-American War veteran in the retirement home parking lot, it's hard to see how Kerry could more comprehensively diminish his military support.

Still, he's doing his best. After going around huffing and a-puffing that, if Bush wanted a debate about Vietnam, "Here is my answer: BRING. IT. ON," he's now gone to ground and is demanding Bush call it off. Meanwhile, his lawyers are threatening suits and the campaign's complained to the Federal Election Commission to get the Swift vets taken off air.

His hagiographer Douglas Brinkley, after an intriguing interview with the Telegraph's David Rennie, seems to have entered the witness protection programme. If this campaign were any more inept, Michael Moore would be making a documentary claiming Kerry's a Republican plant secretly controlled by Karl Rove and the House of Saud.

The Kerry campaign is coming apart at the seams, Kerry is going NUTS.

He is going to have a MAJOR meltdown on national Television, and will lose the election come November.

The man is a few fries short of a happy meal.

He is gonna lose it, and I am gonna sit there and laugh my butt off.

Only because I don't want to start another thread, here is a Mark Steyn piece that just gets me to laughing, the guy is a fricking genius.

The telegraph

quote:

Kerry: strange, stuck-up... and stupid

By Mark Steyn

(Filed: 24/08/2004)

According to Francis Harris in Saturday's Telegraph, allegations that John Kerry "lied about his Vietnam record" are "unravelling". Oh, I wouldn't say that. Right now, it looks like the sanity of the Kerry campaign and its pals in the media that's beginning to unravel.

Switch on the TV these days and you'll see John O'Neill, principal spokesman for the hundreds of Swift boat veterans who oppose their old comrade Kerry, talking calmly and patiently about the facts, citing chapter and verse and relevant footnotes, while some deranged interviewer is going berserk.

The other day it was CNN host James Carville, former skinhead-in-chief to Bill Clinton, yelling and howling all over O'Neill's answers before brushing him aside with, "I've got no use for this man."

Meanwhile, the grandees at the New York Times, having studiously ignored the story for two weeks, decided that, with the Kerry campaign all but paralysed by the issue, they'd have to sully their lily-white hands with the ghastly business and kill it themselves. Maureen Dowd, the paper's elderly schoolgirl columnist, dismissed the dissenting Swiftees as "creepy-crawly", "stomach-turning", "sleazoids".

Pat Oliphant, who appears in the Washington Post and many other newspapers, offered a cartoon showing the Swiftees as Bush-backing deadbeats sitting round a bar *****ing: "I never seen Kerry do nothing hee-roic," says one loser. "Damn right," says another. "You and me was right there in latrine maintenance. We orta know."

The redneck spelling's a nice touch, ain't it? I wonder which of the anti-Kerry campaign's 254 Swift vets, including 17 of Lieutenant Kerry's 23 fellow officers, Oliphant thinks were in latrine maintenance. Maybe he's got in mind fellows like Paul Galanti, who appears in the latest anti-Kerry ad and whose plane went down over North Vietnam in 1966. He was held in the "Hanoi Hilton" Viet Cong POW camp until 1973. That's seven years getting tortured by the gooks, only to be mocked by some lame-o cartoonist as a redneck latrine operator.

I've never quite understood the preferred formulation of big-time Democrats ÔÇô that "of course" they support our troops even though they oppose this war. But in practice they "support our troop" ÔÇô singular ÔÇô just Lieut Kerry and the handful of Swiftees willing to appear in public with him. The rest can go to hell and any of 'em impertinent enough to question the Senator are just "sleazoids" wading through their own backed-up latrine. I wonder if the Kerry campaign and its media cheerleaders have really thought this one through.

Nothing the "sleazoids" say about Kerry is as bad as what he said about them 33 years ago in his testimony to Congress, when he informed the world that his comrades ÔÇô his "band of brothers" ÔÇô had "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads" etc, throughout their time in Vietnam.

Unlike John O'Neill's book, he didn't bother to give specifics: the US Army in general was rife with ear-severers. If you want to know why Paul Galanti is appearing in an anti-Kerry ad, it's because he first heard about this speech from his Viet Cong captors who cited it to try to persuade him and his fellow prisoners that resistance was now futile and they might as well cross over to the other side.

I said a couple of weeks back that John Kerry was too strange to be President, and a week or two earlier that he was too stuck-up to be President. Since I'm on an alliterative roll, let me add that he's too stupid to be President. What sort of idiot would make the centrepiece of his presidential campaign four months of proud service in a war he's best known for opposing?

I wouldn't stand for Parliament on a family values platform because I know someone's bound to bring up the 123 gay porn movies I had a bit part in back in Amsterdam in the 1970s.

How cocooned from reality do you have to be to think you can transform one of the most divisive periods in American history ÔÇô in which you were largely responsible for much of the divisiveness ÔÇô into a sappy, happy-clappy, soft-focus patriotic blur without anybody objecting? Most Vietnam veterans of my acquaintance loathe John Kerry, and, if he wasn't aware of that, he's too out of it to be President.

That can happen to rich guys, particularly touchy, thin-skinned rich guys who prefer to surround themselves with yes-men. Kerry was apparently infuriated by the cool reception he got from a veterans' audience last week. But why would he expect anything different?

And even if he'd never slimed his comrades, there's something ridiculous about a fellow with four months in Vietnam running as Ike, the Duke of Wellington and Alexander the Great rolled into one. On Sunday, after calling on the Senator to apologise to the 2.5 million veterans he slandered, Bob Dole couldn't resist chipping in his own view of Kerry's wounds.

"Here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of," he said. "I mean, they're all superficial wounds." Dole's right arm is withered and useless from wounds received in World War Two, and he never made a big hoo-ha about it in the '96 campaign.

But, more significantly, Dole prizes bipartisan Senatorial chumminess over almost everything, and my guess is he wouldn't be slamming Kerry if he weren't so revolted by the unseemly showboating of this campaign. If Vietnam vets loathe him, World War Two vets seem to think he's a buffoon. Short of reversing over the last 128-year-old Spanish-American War veteran in the retirement home parking lot, it's hard to see how Kerry could more comprehensively diminish his military support.

Still, he's doing his best. After going around huffing and a-puffing that, if Bush wanted a debate about Vietnam, "Here is my answer: BRING. IT. ON," he's now gone to ground and is demanding Bush call it off. Meanwhile, his lawyers are threatening suits and the campaign's complained to the Federal Election Commission to get the Swift vets taken off air.

His hagiographer Douglas Brinkley, after an intriguing interview with the Telegraph's David Rennie, seems to have entered the witness protection programme. If this campaign were any more inept, Michael Moore would be making a documentary claiming Kerry's a Republican plant secretly controlled by Karl Rove and the House of Saud.

The Kerry campaign is coming apart at the seams, Kerry is going NUTS.

He is going to have a MAJOR meltdown on national Television, and will lose the election come November.

The man is a few fries short of a happy meal.

He is gonna lose it, and I am gonna sit there and laugh my butt off.

Mr. Flip-Floper at work again.....

John Kerry suffered a small embarrassment last week that illuminated a big problem in his campaign. The embarrassment involved the not exactly riveting issue of troop redeployments.

In principle, that is not very controversial. The military and foreign policy priesthoods have favored that sort of restructuring since the end of the cold war. And yet, when Kerry spoke to the VFW two days later, he attacked Bush's position, using an argument with some merit but of microscopic import in the midst of a presidential campaign: he said it was a "hasty" and "political" plan and certainly not a good negotiating tactic to withdraw troops from Korea while we are trying to get the North Koreans to drop their nuclear program.

But oops. Some two weeks earlier, in an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Kerry had taken a different position: "I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops, not just [in Iraq] but ... in the Korean peninsula, perhaps, in Europe, perhaps." As you might imagine, the Bush campaign quickly pointed out the inconsistency.

Mr. Flip-Floper at work again.....

John Kerry suffered a small embarrassment last week that illuminated a big problem in his campaign. The embarrassment involved the not exactly riveting issue of troop redeployments.

In principle, that is not very controversial. The military and foreign policy priesthoods have favored that sort of restructuring since the end of the cold war. And yet, when Kerry spoke to the VFW two days later, he attacked Bush's position, using an argument with some merit but of microscopic import in the midst of a presidential campaign: he said it was a "hasty" and "political" plan and certainly not a good negotiating tactic to withdraw troops from Korea while we are trying to get the North Koreans to drop their nuclear program.

But oops. Some two weeks earlier, in an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Kerry had taken a different position: "I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops, not just [in Iraq] but ... in the Korean peninsula, perhaps, in Europe, perhaps." As you might imagine, the Bush campaign quickly pointed out the inconsistency.