Celebrating July 3rd

July third isn't a very significant day in American history, or is it?

This day was more significant to George Washington than the 4th of July could ever be.

On July 3rd 1756, Colonel Washington and his Virginia Regiment lost the battle at Fort Necessity on the forks of the Ohio River.

For all intensive purposes you could say that this event was not only the beginning of the Seven years war, also known as the French Indian War but, also the "Real" First World war and the Revolutionary War all rolled into one.

History is replete with events that are quite obscure, each causing it's own chain reaction.

Many many events that caused the movement of Americans later, I was born at 9:58 pm on this date, in a hospital in Detroit Michigan.

My parents had survived the depression and World War 3 (aka WWII) and produced me.

July third isn't a very significant day in American history, or is it?

This day was more significant to George Washington than the 4th of July could ever be.

On July 3rd 1756, Colonel Washington and his Virginia Regiment lost the battle at Fort Necessity on the forks of the Ohio River.

For all intensive purposes you could say that this event was not only the beginning of the Seven years war, also known as the French Indian War but, also the "Real" First World war and the Revolutionary War all rolled into one.

History is replete with events that are quite obscure, each causing it's own chain reaction.

Many many events that caused the movement of Americans later, I was born at 9:58 pm on this date, in a hospital in Detroit Michigan.

My parents had survived the depression and World War 3 (aka WWII) and produced me.

Guest Remo Williams

Well don't mean to take this off topic, but HAPPY birthday old friend! I hope there's many more to come heres to you.

Guest Remo Williams

Well don't mean to take this off topic, but HAPPY birthday old friend! I hope there's many more to come heres to you.

Thank you echo and Remo, or should I say Muchas Gracias?

Anyway, no, I wasn't born in 1756 but I may have lived another life back then, who knows?

Many people have voiced their condolences that I wasn't birthed on the 4th which would have connected my birthday to the births and deaths of some of our first leaders, not that i would consider that anything special.

But today I am 5 decades in this biomechanical robot. Half a century and I'm really starting to feel it. I have been to many places and experienced many things. I have refused to grow up which is the best ticket through a lifetime I think.

Serious people have only served to piss me off because there is nothing on this planet worth being too serious about, except BC of course.

Many people think that they should arrive at the funeral home in a pristine body.

Not me though, I want to come broadsliding in with a scarred up, totally worn out body, screaming, "WOW What a RIDE!!!!"

Thank you echo and Remo, or should I say Muchas Gracias?

Anyway, no, I wasn't born in 1756 but I may have lived another life back then, who knows?

Many people have voiced their condolences that I wasn't birthed on the 4th which would have connected my birthday to the births and deaths of some of our first leaders, not that i would consider that anything special.

But today I am 5 decades in this biomechanical robot. Half a century and I'm really starting to feel it. I have been to many places and experienced many things. I have refused to grow up which is the best ticket through a lifetime I think.

Serious people have only served to piss me off because there is nothing on this planet worth being too serious about, except BC of course.

Many people think that they should arrive at the funeral home in a pristine body.

Not me though, I want to come broadsliding in with a scarred up, totally worn out body, screaming, "WOW What a RIDE!!!!"

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

...I want to come broadsliding in with a scarred up, totally worn out body, screaming, "WOW What a RIDE!!!!"

You need to time it right, though ... or you could be hanging by a thread for ten or twenty years.

Anyway, "Happy Birthday." Should we send some new Alpha Wing guys over to keep you company on this, a special, day?

quote:

...I want to come broadsliding in with a scarred up, totally worn out body, screaming, "WOW What a RIDE!!!!"

You need to time it right, though ... or you could be hanging by a thread for ten or twenty years.

Anyway, "Happy Birthday." Should we send some new Alpha Wing guys over to keep you company on this, a special, day?

quote:

...I have been to many places and experienced many things. I have refused to grow up which is the best ticket through a lifetime I think.

I second that Wolferz, a positive attitude towards life never hurts. When I kiss the sky goodbye I hope I can say the same thing.

Happy birthday to you.

quote:

...I have been to many places and experienced many things. I have refused to grow up which is the best ticket through a lifetime I think.

I second that Wolferz, a positive attitude towards life never hurts. When I kiss the sky goodbye I hope I can say the same thing.

Happy birthday to you.

Remo, here's an eerie thought for ya, judging by your previous Avatar,you look a great deal like my youngest brother.

My Pop was a truckdriver and I hope he wasn't sowing wild oats all over the place.

C'mon up Papi, The air is getting thin

Sure thing Marvin, send the Alpha guys on over.Haven't had a good bar fight in awhile.

Oh, wait, according to the fleet database I'm in Alpha wing. LOL

Now I'm out with the Wraithers.

I'm so confused.

Remo, here's an eerie thought for ya, judging by your previous Avatar,you look a great deal like my youngest brother.

My Pop was a truckdriver and I hope he wasn't sowing wild oats all over the place.

C'mon up Papi, The air is getting thin

Sure thing Marvin, send the Alpha guys on over.Haven't had a good bar fight in awhile.

Oh, wait, according to the fleet database I'm in Alpha wing. LOL

Now I'm out with the Wraithers.

I'm so confused.