School Politics

Making a mountain out of a mole hill? LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- State Education Secretary Richard Riordan jokingly told a child her name, Isis, meant "stupid dirty girl," prompting the head of the California NAACP on Thursday to call for his resignation

quote:

The conversation, videotaped by KEYT-TV, took place July 1. The girl, 6-year-old Isis D'Luciano, asked Riordan if he knew her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

After nervous laughter in the room, the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that's nifty," he said.

He no comedian that's for sure. He should stick to his day Job.

quote:

As mayor, he once greeted hunger strikers outside his office eating a hamburger. In a speech to school administrators earlier this year, he told a story about a nun physically disciplining a student that startled some in the audience

I dunno I find that rather funny. Something I would do. As for the nun thing, I went to a catholic school with nuns and they were dang tough I can tell ya. That's what these kids need today.

quote:

Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blonde hair.

Dymally did not return telephone calls. His office issued a statement Wednesday calling Riordan's remarks to the girl "outrageous and irresponsible," then issued another statement Thursday saying, "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

I find that more disturbing that anything Mr. Riordan has done. Typical Democrat!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the media is making this into something it's not because Mr. Riordan is a republican.

Richard J. Riordan

Making a mountain out of a mole hill? LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- State Education Secretary Richard Riordan jokingly told a child her name, Isis, meant "stupid dirty girl," prompting the head of the California NAACP on Thursday to call for his resignation

quote:

The conversation, videotaped by KEYT-TV, took place July 1. The girl, 6-year-old Isis D'Luciano, asked Riordan if he knew her name meant "Egyptian goddess."

Riordan replied, "It means stupid dirty girl."

After nervous laughter in the room, the girl again told Riordan the meaning of her name.

"Hey, that's nifty," he said.

He no comedian that's for sure. He should stick to his day Job.

quote:

As mayor, he once greeted hunger strikers outside his office eating a hamburger. In a speech to school administrators earlier this year, he told a story about a nun physically disciplining a student that startled some in the audience

I dunno I find that rather funny. Something I would do. As for the nun thing, I went to a catholic school with nuns and they were dang tough I can tell ya. That's what these kids need today.

quote:

Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

Dymally did not return telephone calls. His office issued a statement Wednesday calling Riordan's remarks to the girl "outrageous and irresponsible," then issued another statement Thursday saying, "To err is human; to forgive is divine."

I find that more disturbing that anything Mr. Riordan has done. Typical Democrat!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the media is making this into something it's not because Mr. Riordan is a republican.

Richard J. Riordan

I was going to post on EXACTLY what your bringing up LostinSpace, but I decided not to. I'm glad someone did though because now I can comment.

Personally, the way I see it the hunger strikers were there of their own accord. I would have not only eaten a hamburger in front of them, I would have offered them one and no matter what they said would have replied, "I was just asking, I wasn't actually going to give you one."

Furthermore, that dumbarse Dymally made me spit my soda out I was laughing so hard. He organized rallies for civil rights and it was a white girl, that is an instant classic.

As far as Riordan goes....yeah, that was pretty dumb what he said. But how many times have you said something that you thought was really funny, and it was actually insulting to someone near you? I mean really.

I was going to post on EXACTLY what your bringing up LostinSpace, but I decided not to. I'm glad someone did though because now I can comment.

Personally, the way I see it the hunger strikers were there of their own accord. I would have not only eaten a hamburger in front of them, I would have offered them one and no matter what they said would have replied, "I was just asking, I wasn't actually going to give you one."

Furthermore, that dumbarse Dymally made me spit my soda out I was laughing so hard. He organized rallies for civil rights and it was a white girl, that is an instant classic.

As far as Riordan goes....yeah, that was pretty dumb what he said. But how many times have you said something that you thought was really funny, and it was actually insulting to someone near you? I mean really.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

...As far as Riordan goes....yeah, that was pretty dumb what he said. But how many times have you said something that you thought was really funny, and it was actually insulting to someone near you? I mean really.

I do it all the time, but on purpose.

I love to upset liberals, they are so easily offended, and it is so much fun to raise their blood pressure.....

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

...As far as Riordan goes....yeah, that was pretty dumb what he said. But how many times have you said something that you thought was really funny, and it was actually insulting to someone near you? I mean really.

I do it all the time, but on purpose.

I love to upset liberals, they are so easily offended, and it is so much fun to raise their blood pressure.....

School Officals insulting school children is nothing new guys.. trust me

When I attended my sisters high school graduations (ahh hell.. that was.... crude, 9 or 10 years ago! I was only 8 or 9 at the time), but I remember what the school superintended said when he was 'congraduating' the class

"You all are lucky that you are graduating from a private school, at least you had you're parents support"

That made a lot of parents get up from there seat's, that much I remember. It also caused the school to FORCE him off the property

I might've got what he said kinda wrong, but I do know that he highly insulted the group of graduates.

All I know is that our school 'educaters' have no idea what there doing

Man.. I wish I was still in a private school.. sucks to graduate into a system like this =

School Officals insulting school children is nothing new guys.. trust me

When I attended my sisters high school graduations (ahh hell.. that was.... crude, 9 or 10 years ago! I was only 8 or 9 at the time), but I remember what the school superintended said when he was 'congraduating' the class

"You all are lucky that you are graduating from a private school, at least you had you're parents support"

That made a lot of parents get up from there seat's, that much I remember. It also caused the school to FORCE him off the property

I might've got what he said kinda wrong, but I do know that he highly insulted the group of graduates.

All I know is that our school 'educaters' have no idea what there doing

Man.. I wish I was still in a private school.. sucks to graduate into a system like this =

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I was actually hoping that the above was noticed as blatant racism in and of itself because it was a white female all the blustering died down. What, her civil rights are less important because she's not African-American. This from a party "of the people". Damn, the man was banging the civil rights war drum until he found out her skin color and then it was okay.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I was actually hoping that the above was noticed as blatant racism in and of itself because it was a white female all the blustering died down. What, her civil rights are less important because she's not African-American. This from a party "of the people". Damn, the man was banging the civil rights war drum until he found out her skin color and then it was okay.

Saddly Lost, if someone insults you and you're white, you have no legal grounds to pursue them

Yet if you're African American or any other race, you can freely file for "Discrimination"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who see's a diffinate problem here... and it's worse in school to =

Saddly Lost, if someone insults you and you're white, you have no legal grounds to pursue them

Yet if you're African American or any other race, you can freely file for "Discrimination"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who see's a diffinate problem here... and it's worse in school to =