Terror in the Skies, Again?

Also Tokvah, you've said absolutly nothing to counter my previous posts, or answer any of the questions I've posed. So that draws me to the conclusion that you have no facts that will counter what I've posted.

If you are going to post a reply, please don't answer my comments/questions with any emotional rethoric because it has no basis. If you have any argument that has weight to it, I can listen and seriously consider it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soback, Steve, LIS, ETC....

You wanna know what is gonna be really silly?

When a terrorist hijacking does take place, when another airliner, or a dirty nuke, or a sarin gas bomb goes off in some major city, and kills a bunch of people. These guys are the first ones that are gonna jump up and down and scream about how we weren't warned, or why didn't the Bush administration stop it, or how come they aren't doing their jobs.... They are going to go banannas!!

They will be the VERY first ones, to start pushing the button about how the Bush administration failed to protect us, failed to give us any warning whatsoever.

THE VERY FIRST!!!

It won't matter that the Homeland Security, and Ridge, and Bush and all the rest have been telling us to be prepared, to keep a close eye, to watch what is going on and report it to the authorities, etc.

They will still jump up and down and scream and shout about how they failed us, even as they, Right now, call them scaremongers, etc....

Just wait.... Remember, you heard it here first.....

And I think EVERYONE should read This.

Yeah, it's foxnews, but damn is it a good interview....

[ 07-19-2004, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Soback, Steve, LIS, ETC....

You wanna know what is gonna be really silly?

When a terrorist hijacking does take place, when another airliner, or a dirty nuke, or a sarin gas bomb goes off in some major city, and kills a bunch of people. These guys are the first ones that are gonna jump up and down and scream about how we weren't warned, or why didn't the Bush administration stop it, or how come they aren't doing their jobs.... They are going to go banannas!!

They will be the VERY first ones, to start pushing the button about how the Bush administration failed to protect us, failed to give us any warning whatsoever.

THE VERY FIRST!!!

It won't matter that the Homeland Security, and Ridge, and Bush and all the rest have been telling us to be prepared, to keep a close eye, to watch what is going on and report it to the authorities, etc.

They will still jump up and down and scream and shout about how they failed us, even as they, Right now, call them scaremongers, etc....

Just wait.... Remember, you heard it here first.....

And I think EVERYONE should read This.

Yeah, it's foxnews, but damn is it a good interview....

[ 07-19-2004, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

by Jaguar:This is EXACTLY what it sounded like what was happening. I think that it was probably a test, although by the time anything had been done about it, the plane would have either been taken, or destroyed, had it been the real thing.

There was only one important fact in the woman's diatribe that, to me, was disturbing, that being the mention of Air Marshalls onboard the flight and unable to do anything about what was possibly going on at the time.

Apparently every Air Marshall is handcuffed the same way the rest of the law enforcement community is, ie;"we can't do anything until a crime has been committed."

That's called Civil rights and I don't give a rat's ass who or what you are, until you commit a crime in this country, you are free to go about your business without harrassment from anyone.

People who write and publish stories like this one should be locked away for observation.

The plainest truth is this; we all take a chance of being killed every time we walk out our portal and get on the highway to go to work.

Why all the big to do over terrorists wanting to kill us?

Because that is what a select few want. A big to do over it for their own purposes.

It's the same load of road apples that put Hitler in the chancellor's chair. And we all know what happened next. If Bush and the rest of his fear mongering buddies continue on thheir current path, they are not only aiding and abetting the terrorists, they can be classified as terrorists themselves.

Keep on buying into the administration's bullshit, then get in line for your tattoo or microchip. By then I will be deep in the woods laughing at all the suckers.

quote:

by Jaguar:This is EXACTLY what it sounded like what was happening. I think that it was probably a test, although by the time anything had been done about it, the plane would have either been taken, or destroyed, had it been the real thing.

There was only one important fact in the woman's diatribe that, to me, was disturbing, that being the mention of Air Marshalls onboard the flight and unable to do anything about what was possibly going on at the time.

Apparently every Air Marshall is handcuffed the same way the rest of the law enforcement community is, ie;"we can't do anything until a crime has been committed."

That's called Civil rights and I don't give a rat's ass who or what you are, until you commit a crime in this country, you are free to go about your business without harrassment from anyone.

People who write and publish stories like this one should be locked away for observation.

The plainest truth is this; we all take a chance of being killed every time we walk out our portal and get on the highway to go to work.

Why all the big to do over terrorists wanting to kill us?

Because that is what a select few want. A big to do over it for their own purposes.

It's the same load of road apples that put Hitler in the chancellor's chair. And we all know what happened next. If Bush and the rest of his fear mongering buddies continue on thheir current path, they are not only aiding and abetting the terrorists, they can be classified as terrorists themselves.

Keep on buying into the administration's bullshit, then get in line for your tattoo or microchip. By then I will be deep in the woods laughing at all the suckers.

I have an issue with this whole story! There is not an airport in Providence Ri. It is in Warwick RI. If the author got that fact by all of you...How much truth is in the rest of the story.

Also based on my understanding (my sister dated an air marshall) there are not a large number per plane mabey 1 or 2, so the "you are sourounded by air marshalls" bit doesn't fly with me either.

Lastly...why can't women read the regular Wall Street. Why do they need their own simplified version! What a crock....

Now I will go back and read the rest of the story and the posts. I just can't get by things that are inaccurate! To me she lost all credibility in the first paragraph.

I have an issue with this whole story! There is not an airport in Providence Ri. It is in Warwick RI. If the author got that fact by all of you...How much truth is in the rest of the story.

Also based on my understanding (my sister dated an air marshall) there are not a large number per plane mabey 1 or 2, so the "you are sourounded by air marshalls" bit doesn't fly with me either.

Lastly...why can't women read the regular Wall Street. Why do they need their own simplified version! What a crock....

Now I will go back and read the rest of the story and the posts. I just can't get by things that are inaccurate! To me she lost all credibility in the first paragraph.

Originally posted by Echo:

"I have an issue with this whole story! There is not an airport in Providence Ri. It is in Warwick RI. If the author got that fact by all of you...How much truth is in the rest of the story."

Ok, look, forget about the story, it's about the concept, the facts and peoples responses to it rather then the story itself. Let's say that this story never happened, lets say the writer wrote it up as fiction, now think about the probability of it happening? Does it sound like something similar could be going on on thousands of flights in the air every day, do you think that what we are doing now is enough, or too much, or should there be anything else done?

Originally posted by Echo:

"I have an issue with this whole story! There is not an airport in Providence Ri. It is in Warwick RI. If the author got that fact by all of you...How much truth is in the rest of the story."

Ok, look, forget about the story, it's about the concept, the facts and peoples responses to it rather then the story itself. Let's say that this story never happened, lets say the writer wrote it up as fiction, now think about the probability of it happening? Does it sound like something similar could be going on on thousands of flights in the air every day, do you think that what we are doing now is enough, or too much, or should there be anything else done?

quote:

Well, as far as the story reads, that's exactly what happened. The men acted suspiciously, but didn't do anything illegal, so their civil rights were not violated -- they were entirely free to roam the airplane and act oddly.

Yes, they were questioned at the airport after the flight, but I think that we all realize that an airport is a high security zone and therefore tolerate a little extra scrutiny there. For instance, I let my bags be inspected at an airport when I wouldn't let a highway patrolman check the very same bag if he were to stop me on the street for a busted tail light.

quote:

Well, as far as the story reads, that's exactly what happened. The men acted suspiciously, but didn't do anything illegal, so their civil rights were not violated -- they were entirely free to roam the airplane and act oddly.

Yes, they were questioned at the airport after the flight, but I think that we all realize that an airport is a high security zone and therefore tolerate a little extra scrutiny there. For instance, I let my bags be inspected at an airport when I wouldn't let a highway patrolman check the very same bag if he were to stop me on the street for a busted tail light.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

You know I was going to say something about that. Glad to hear a woman bring it to our attention because if I did I would have been labeled a sexist.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

You know I was going to say something about that. Glad to hear a woman bring it to our attention because if I did I would have been labeled a sexist.

Soback in responde to your question "do you think that what we are doing now is enough, or too much, or should there be anything else done?"

In all honesty I don't know. I hope so. If the things mentioned in the story do happen, we are in trouble!

Lost: Never hold back because you think I will label you, mabey the guys will but I won't. As much as I like being an independent women, I would trade a lot of it in to be home with the kids cooking dinner for a bread winner and hanging with the pool boy

Soback in responde to your question "do you think that what we are doing now is enough, or too much, or should there be anything else done?"

In all honesty I don't know. I hope so. If the things mentioned in the story do happen, we are in trouble!

Lost: Never hold back because you think I will label you, mabey the guys will but I won't. As much as I like being an independent women, I would trade a lot of it in to be home with the kids cooking dinner for a bread winner and hanging with the pool boy

quote:

Sorry, echo, I just did a flight search on Travelocity -- Providence, RI to LAX on Northwest Airlines. It came back with:

Depart PVD at 9:17am Flt. 1443, connecting to Flt. 327 in Detroit and arriving at LAX at 2:01pm.

I don't know the state, but perhaps the Providence airport is not actually in Providence, but a nearby suburb?

quote:

Sorry, echo, I just did a flight search on Travelocity -- Providence, RI to LAX on Northwest Airlines. It came back with:

Depart PVD at 9:17am Flt. 1443, connecting to Flt. 327 in Detroit and arriving at LAX at 2:01pm.

I don't know the state, but perhaps the Providence airport is not actually in Providence, but a nearby suburb?

I know the area well. It's the TF Greene airport in Warick RI. However now that this has made TV apparently on MSNBC last night. I have learned people refer to it as Providence airport. Why I have no idea... However I truly don not belive the story I think it is far fetched and an assault on an airline. mabey she didn't get enough penuts who knows.

I know the area well. It's the TF Greene airport in Warick RI. However now that this has made TV apparently on MSNBC last night. I have learned people refer to it as Providence airport. Why I have no idea... However I truly don not belive the story I think it is far fetched and an assault on an airline. mabey she didn't get enough penuts who knows.