Uniformed troops should bring a sense of shame

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Jag I agree with your assessment of the piece that was written. However I take offense of your name calling and think that as a moderator you have a responsibility to be a role model, one which in this case you ignored.

It is SO tiresome to have to read in here daily one's personal beleifs ridiculed, marginalized and spoken about with such contempt. I find it difficult to beleive someone of your intelligence can have so little respect for the beliefs of others. You are a better man than that, and that idiot remark is beneath you.

a moderator should moderate

Agree'd, but in a case like this. I say Jaguar made a good call

Think about this, Jag didn't use any foul language, Street did. That should very well speak for itself on who is at fault (language wise)

If street take's offense to what Jagaur said, then why doesn't he think about who HE offended by using the F word and other similer words in the past?

there ARE people here who are Religious and take offense to those words being used

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Jag I agree with your assessment of the piece that was written. However I take offense of your name calling and think that as a moderator you have a responsibility to be a role model, one which in this case you ignored.

It is SO tiresome to have to read in here daily one's personal beleifs ridiculed, marginalized and spoken about with such contempt. I find it difficult to beleive someone of your intelligence can have so little respect for the beliefs of others. You are a better man than that, and that idiot remark is beneath you.

a moderator should moderate

Think about this, Jag didn't use any foul language, Street did. That should very well speak for itself on who is at fault (language wise)

If street take's offense to what Jagaur said, then why doesn't he think about who HE offended by using the F word and other similer words in the past?

there ARE people here who are Religious and take offense to those words being used

HERE KASHLION,

quote:

This could doesn't care about the reguler people, they don't care about those people's children. All they care about is independence, but the thing is, if there willingness is to strike at defenseless children then calling them "terrorists" isn't enough, more like murderous f**king BASTARDS

yeah, thats right, YOU used the word too, so by your logic, you should ALSO be banned.

quote:

YOU'RE the one who used the foul language, which was UNCALLED FOR

Under normal circomstance's I'd probably support you in releaving Jag of his position, but since you responded with violance and words (F word) I support that you be banned from this board

You got 4 fingers pointing at yourself...NOW who is the IDIOT??

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...0201;p=1#000023

quote:

I do not care if YOUR logic is so twisted, you have to kiss up to jaquar, or not.

I do care, you feel YOU and JAG, feel your above the GENERAL RULES, everyone else within the community must adhere.

quote:

Maybe ...YOU should think about that too!!!

HERE KASHLION,

quote:

This could doesn't care about the reguler people, they don't care about those people's children. All they care about is independence, but the thing is, if there willingness is to strike at defenseless children then calling them "terrorists" isn't enough, more like murderous f**king BASTARDS

yeah, thats right, YOU used the word too, so by your logic, you should ALSO be banned.

quote:

YOU'RE the one who used the foul language, which was UNCALLED FOR

Under normal circomstance's I'd probably support you in releaving Jag of his position, but since you responded with violance and words (F word) I support that you be banned from this board

You got 4 fingers pointing at yourself...NOW who is the IDIOT??

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...0201;p=1#000023

quote:

I do not care if YOUR logic is so twisted, you have to kiss up to jaquar, or not.

I do care, you feel YOU and JAG, feel your above the GENERAL RULES, everyone else within the community must adhere.

quote:

Maybe ...YOU should think about that too!!!

Kalshion has brought to my attention that my reply was a bit one-sided so I'd like to amend my comment about the personal attacks (I can't edit my original post or I would.)

I don't simply support street in his contentions, I support and encourage everyone to try and keep the tone civil.

It's impossible to discern the entirety of someone's character or intelligence based on a few dozen or even hundred's of posts. To do so is to make an awful lot of assumptions, and we all know what they say about assuming things.

The main reason I no longer participate in most of these discussions is because of the tendency for them to degrade into pointless shouting matches.

I also want to include my own reply to Kalshion because I think it bears repeating:

However, Jaguar IS a moderator, and as I stated he should be able to place himself above the name calling and general animosity that gets tossed around on these boards. He has the responsibility to keep this sort of stuff from happening, instead I see him participating in, and at times encouraging it.

No disrespect Jaguar and I'm certainly not calling for you to step down. And if it seems like I'm singling you out it's only because of your position as moderator. I don't think you are any more or less guilty than anyone else who's crossed the line at times.

Kalshion has brought to my attention that my reply was a bit one-sided so I'd like to amend my comment about the personal attacks (I can't edit my original post or I would.)

I don't simply support street in his contentions, I support and encourage everyone to try and keep the tone civil.

It's impossible to discern the entirety of someone's character or intelligence based on a few dozen or even hundred's of posts. To do so is to make an awful lot of assumptions, and we all know what they say about assuming things.

The main reason I no longer participate in most of these discussions is because of the tendency for them to degrade into pointless shouting matches.

I also want to include my own reply to Kalshion because I think it bears repeating:

However, Jaguar IS a moderator, and as I stated he should be able to place himself above the name calling and general animosity that gets tossed around on these boards. He has the responsibility to keep this sort of stuff from happening, instead I see him participating in, and at times encouraging it.

No disrespect Jaguar and I'm certainly not calling for you to step down. And if it seems like I'm singling you out it's only because of your position as moderator. I don't think you are any more or less guilty than anyone else who's crossed the line at times.

Street, I didn't point that word at you.. now did I? Nope, so quite frankly I'm not at fault

Try again, however, if you bothered look a little more down in that thread you would've seen the words "Forgive the language", OH WAIT! You conventiently forgot to read that right? .. figures

edit:

it's how there used my dear Street, in my case, I used it in a sentence to show my disgust about what is going on in Russia, YOU however used it in a personnel attack which IS uncalled for

And no street, I don't think I'm above the rules.

Street, I didn't point that word at you.. now did I? Nope, so quite frankly I'm not at fault

Try again, however, if you bothered look a little more down in that thread you would've seen the words "Forgive the language", OH WAIT! You conventiently forgot to read that right? .. figures

edit:

it's how there used my dear Street, in my case, I used it in a sentence to show my disgust about what is going on in Russia, YOU however used it in a personnel attack which IS uncalled for

And no street, I don't think I'm above the rules.

Clueless, absolutely clueless.

Totally, and completely disengaged from reality is what Street is.

Willfully ignorant, and let's emotion cloud his intelligence and judgement.

Facts are not something he wants to hear, and if you tell him facts he either ignores them, or tires to discredit the messenger.

These are not the actions of a person that wishes to debate in a reasonable way, these are the actions of an unstable personality that lives in a dreamworld.

Yes, I believe Street is a total abnd absolute idiot, and I will not take it back, and I will not change my mind.

I have dealt with him far longer then I normally have with such crazies, and I am now done with him.

He can spout his vitriolic nonsense all he wants, and I will as usual straighten out the nonsense and give facts that refute him.

He gets what he gives, he started the nonsense, and I will give it right back, as a moderator, I do not have to sit back and take abuse. I have every right to give as I get, as long as I do not cuss, or otherwise threaten the idiots in any way.

I have not cussed, I have not threatened, I have pushed the envelope, but I do not and will not turn the other cheek.

Clueless, absolutely clueless.

Totally, and completely disengaged from reality is what Street is.

Willfully ignorant, and let's emotion cloud his intelligence and judgement.

Facts are not something he wants to hear, and if you tell him facts he either ignores them, or tires to discredit the messenger.

These are not the actions of a person that wishes to debate in a reasonable way, these are the actions of an unstable personality that lives in a dreamworld.

Yes, I believe Street is a total abnd absolute idiot, and I will not take it back, and I will not change my mind.

I have dealt with him far longer then I normally have with such crazies, and I am now done with him.

He can spout his vitriolic nonsense all he wants, and I will as usual straighten out the nonsense and give facts that refute him.

He gets what he gives, he started the nonsense, and I will give it right back, as a moderator, I do not have to sit back and take abuse. I have every right to give as I get, as long as I do not cuss, or otherwise threaten the idiots in any way.

I have not cussed, I have not threatened, I have pushed the envelope, but I do not and will not turn the other cheek.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

As far as I'm concerned cussing or using questionable language takes a back seat to outright personal attacks. And I believe calling street an idiot falls under that umbrella.

Whether you realize it or not, your rebuttals drip with condescension and tend to completely dismiss any statements or opinions that aren't 100% in agreement with your own. Your methods are thinly veiled passive-agressive attacks. Just look at your quote above...

"I have every right to give as I get, as long as I do not cuss, or otherwise threaten the idiots in any way."

The tone of that sentence can be altered dramatically by changing "the idiots" to "them". Simple.

Surely you must realize the affect this has. Rather than diffuse the situation, your responses inflame them.

Simply stating "I don't agree with your opinion" is a sufficient way to end discourse. No need to resort to personal attacks. To do so, only shows that one has nothing left to counter with. When that happens it's best just to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Again, sorry to use you as an example, but as one of the more opinionated and boisterous posters here (and a moderator to boot) you have a large influence on the tone and method of discourse that occurs in this forum.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

As far as I'm concerned cussing or using questionable language takes a back seat to outright personal attacks. And I believe calling street an idiot falls under that umbrella.

Whether you realize it or not, your rebuttals drip with condescension and tend to completely dismiss any statements or opinions that aren't 100% in agreement with your own. Your methods are thinly veiled passive-agressive attacks. Just look at your quote above...

"I have every right to give as I get, as long as I do not cuss, or otherwise threaten the idiots in any way."

The tone of that sentence can be altered dramatically by changing "the idiots" to "them". Simple.

Surely you must realize the affect this has. Rather than diffuse the situation, your responses inflame them.

Simply stating "I don't agree with your opinion" is a sufficient way to end discourse. No need to resort to personal attacks. To do so, only shows that one has nothing left to counter with. When that happens it's best just to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Again, sorry to use you as an example, but as one of the more opinionated and boisterous posters here (and a moderator to boot) you have a large influence on the tone and method of discourse that occurs in this forum.

Jag is defintaly out of line here. As a moderator he should remain civil and if someone disagrees with him he should respond to it in a polite way. However Jag seems to think anyone who donesn't agree with him deserves it. From what I can tell his whole idealogy is "If people don't agree with me than they are idiots and need to be shocked back into "Reality". So what is Reality Jag? It seems within this fourm there are several verisons of Reality question is which one we are living in. The one where Bush is launching a herioc crusade against the terriorsts in the name of Liberty or the Reality where a sick president who destorying the US bit by Bit for what it stands for. When I see a soldier I respect him because he is willing to go into hell whose gates were opened by our dear president Bush. I salute that soldier for his courage to fight in a place where he is surely to die but yet willing to all the same.

Jag is defintaly out of line here. As a moderator he should remain civil and if someone disagrees with him he should respond to it in a polite way. However Jag seems to think anyone who donesn't agree with him deserves it. From what I can tell his whole idealogy is "If people don't agree with me than they are idiots and need to be shocked back into "Reality". So what is Reality Jag? It seems within this fourm there are several verisons of Reality question is which one we are living in. The one where Bush is launching a herioc crusade against the terriorsts in the name of Liberty or the Reality where a sick president who destorying the US bit by Bit for what it stands for. When I see a soldier I respect him because he is willing to go into hell whose gates were opened by our dear president Bush. I salute that soldier for his courage to fight in a place where he is surely to die but yet willing to all the same.

Oh please guys, just drop it, the whole tag team thing is getting rather old.

Street started the nonsense, if you don't like it, then don't read it, but quit whining.

Tyoical Liberals, but hey, that's the way it is.

Reminds me of a little story.

quote:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, now it's my fault."

Oh please guys, just drop it, the whole tag team thing is getting rather old.

Street started the nonsense, if you don't like it, then don't read it, but quit whining.

Tyoical Liberals, but hey, that's the way it is.

Reminds me of a little story.

quote:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, now it's my fault."

Guest Remo Williams

I hear you Jaguar you want to clean some house. I'm feeling like pushing that red button on the air lock lately anyway with a few in this new group of ensigns. You have alot more patience than I do with them thatÔÇÖs for sure.

Guest Remo Williams

I hear you Jaguar you want to clean some house. I'm feeling like pushing that red button on the air lock lately anyway with a few in this new group of ensigns. You have alot more patience than I do with them thatÔÇÖs for sure.

Jag, they're right. That wasn't just a rebuttle, that was a flame and a half full of seething anger. You, of all people, are usually one to frown upon such a thing. I don't see why you should get so emotional over this. Street may be hilariously and irrevocably clueless, but I don't think it was right of you to resort to such a spiteful personal attack. Afterall, the description of this forum is: "This forum is for intelligent discussions about politics & region. No flaming. No rudeness. And no Taliban!" I'm pretty sure you broke all three of these rules in one fell swoop. Now back to the issue at hand...

quote:

Duty and sacrifice are the myths with which old men send young men off to die.

This is the only statement I agree with. I believe it is simply a clever disguise to hide what war is: savagery and murder. No matter what war, what time, and at what place, this constant never changes. We all like to conveniently forget that fact, so we can sleep at night when we send our soldiers into it. Having said that...

quote:

Each time we see a man in uniform, a deep sense of defeat and shame should overcome us.

This statement makes me ill. It makes me want to murder the man who wrote that. I don't believe any man who sits around spouting off garbage for a living has any right to say a damn thing about the men and women who are dying for him. If people are getting on planes to the ******* of the world and facing imminent death to protect John Morris, some punk-ass kid living comfortably in his suburban home in New Jersey that they don't even know, I am eternally grateful; and I'll be damned before I say a bad word about them.