Swifty Flip Floppers?

Changing stories? WHAT! Say it ain't so!

UNBELIEVABLE. Kerry is a lying Flip Flopper yet it seems we have the Right Wing Attack Machine (no affiliation to the sophomoric blog) coming out and smearing everything about this guy. Then we read that people are changing their stories left and right and some of these guys didn't even serve in fire fights they are criticizing Kerry for embelishing. Worse yet we have a medic or physician who didn't treat him for wounds he suffered during battle calling them "self inflicted". I have to tell you these Swifty Captains are a disgrace. You can be pissed off at a guy for condemning a war and diminishing your service but wholesale fabrication and lies to smear the guy, that's unreal. These guys did more to diminish themselves with this propaganda smear than John Kerry could have ever done.

I'll stand with the guys who served on his boat and the man he plucked from the water while taking fire.

Cambodia is for another thread, the jury is still out on that but THIS has been proved to be nothing more than political hatchet work. We all wonder about Kerry with these kinds of books so that the constant wonder about Bush dodging DRUG TESTS WHILE SNORTING COKE IN 1972 can be forgotten. Oh that hasn't been proved? Should it matter to some of you?

Peace

you spend time in a fox hole, with someone, you REALLY KNOW them!!!

That pic, is just an example of twisted propaghanda interpretations, of Kerry's overall position.(typical BUSH-ite rhetoric) It is a plain childish ploy, AND an out right lie, in regard to Kerry's character!....GROW UP BUSH....err...people!

"nooooo..... those right-winged-boot-lickers, would'nt EVER try to MISLEAD, the American Public!!!" *snicker!!"

I'm not gonna get into this thing except to point out someting about that snapshot.

As someone who spent a number of years in the back seat of a different 2-seat fighter, I can tell you that there is a big difference between what you know about the guy sitting in front and what you know about the two guys in the plane one meter off your wingtip.

A heck of a lot. Especially if you've been crewed together for awhile.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

quote:

I'll stand with the guys who served on his boat...

<ahttp://img37.exs.cx/img37/6421/served_defintion.jpg>

Hey Steve can you deliver anybody that saw Bush fulfill his service? Can you produce the medical exam and drug test he was supposed to take prior to up and vanishing? The man SERVED ON A BASE yet he can't bring anybody out to say, "Yeah that guy farted in his bunk at night and it drove us nuts!" I don't care how you want to parce the word service, you don't even demand to know what the hell your President was doing AWOL from the Champagne unit he was tucked away in. How embarrassing for you.

I suddenly have a song by the great Eric Clapton running through my head... it's a one word title... can anyone help me with that title? Man I can hear the rift as clear as day... damn I'm sure it will come to me sooner or later.

Let's just say that the entire debate is stuck on the fringes, while the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sure, the back-seater would know his pilot better than even his mom, but that does not invalidate entirely the opinions of the others in his unit. Yet that is what the Kerry supporters would have you believe about the other swift boat veterans from his unit. Since they did not serve on his one single boat, that their opinions are entirely without merit, and in all of Vietnam, only the five or six men that were actually on the boat with him have the right to speak.

If they were on the same stretch of river and docked at the same pier at night and slept on the same base I would agree. If they weren't even close I would have to say it very detrimental to their credibility.

Has that info come out yet?

No, NONE of the info about Kerry's Medical records, or who he served with, or how he got his medals have come out,

because Kerry WON'T sign his NSF 180.

He absolutely REFUSES to release his military records, except for those that he releases himself via HIS website.

He will NOT allow the media or ANYONE else to access his records, and until he signs his 180, it won't happen.

THe Kerry campaign screamed and yelled about Bush's records, but when it comes to Kerry, he served 4 MONTHS, hello, REAL term was 12 MONTHS, in Vietnam, and therefore asking him to release HIS records is somehow Dishonorable.

Hmm, I sense QUITE a bit of Hypocrisy here, but then again, it's Democrats, so it is NOT at all surprising to me.

quote:

If they were on the same stretch of river and docked at the same pier at night and slept on the same base I would agree. If they weren't even close I would have to say it very detrimental to their credibility.

Has that info come out yet?

From the swift boat vets site, "this photograph of John Kerry and 19 other Coastal Division 11 Swift boat officers was taken at Ton Son Nhut Air Base on January 22, 1969, immediately following a meeting with General Abrams and Admiral Zumwalt."

<ahttp://www.swiftvets.com/images/Vets_before.jpg>

<ahttp://www.swiftvets.com/images/Vets_after.jpg>

Think of this in terms of a tank division. Each tank has one officer and five crewmen. Do tanks patrol alone or in groups? Do the tank units bunk together or alone?

When you are in a tank batallion, I don't care if you are not in the same tank, YOU KNOW the other commanders, because you COUNT on them to back you up.

These boats patrolled in groups of 4-6 boats, each had to back the other in case of battle.

You had BETTER know how different people are going to react, or you are dead meat.

I knew quite a few "officers" who were just AWFUL, they were great in the barracks, military ALL the way, but once you got them out on live fire exercises, or battle practice PERIOD, the guys were literally useless. THe other commanders KNEW who they could count on and who they couldn't.

In REAL battle, I guarantee you, these guys knew who could be counted on, because it was their necks on the line.