McAuliffe Statement on Breaking News About Bush's Military Record

Considering all the references I have perused in regard to this subject, I have concluded that it was all part of "The Plan"

Cleaning up a military record is not the feat of legerdemain that everyone seems to think it is.

Especially when the former servicemember is now the Commander in Chief of the armed forces as well as having a parent who was the head of the CIA for years.

The roots of conspiracy run deep and the tree grows tall.

For the American people, the fruit of that tree will be sour indeed.

It's not the snake you can see that bites you, it's the one hiding in the grass.

And we have alot of Black Mambas hiding in the grass.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywho people, back on topic

The reason we all believe the document's are false is because Bush was HONORABLY discharged

You DO know what Honorably discharged means right?

It mean's, someone who has served there duty WITH honor. That being said someone who has skipped out on there duty, disobeyed orders, and such are not eligible for an HONORABLE disharge

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Anywho people, back on topic

The reason we all believe the document's are false is because Bush was HONORABLY discharged

You DO know what Honorably discharged means right?

It mean's, someone who has served there duty WITH honor. That being said someone who has skipped out on there duty, disobeyed orders, and such are not eligible for an HONORABLE disharge

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If we are to believe that the Honorable Discharge bestowed on GW for his service is an indication of the military's appraisal of his performance then aren't we to believe that Kerry's Honorable Discharge and medals are indicative of the same high esteem?

quote:

If we are to believe that the Honorable Discharge bestowed on GW for his service is an indication of the military's appraisal of his performance then aren't we to believe that Kerry's Honorable Discharge and medals are indicative of the same high esteem?

Conversely, if we are to believe that these documents are forgeries, can't we also believe that Kerry's thrice-changed Silver Star citation can also be a forgery?

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

quote:

If we are to believe that the Honorable Discharge bestowed on GW for his service is an indication of the military's appraisal of his performance then aren't we to believe that Kerry's Honorable Discharge and medals are indicative of the same high esteem?

Conversely, if we are to believe that these documents are forgeries, can't we also believe that Kerry's thrice-changed Silver Star citation can also be a forgery?

Honestly I have to plead ignorance on that one. I'm so disinterested in the whole medal scandal that I had no idea there were accusations of forged citations.

Touche'

The problem with Kerry's honorable discharge was that he lied to the commitee in order to get it, by falsifing his action's in Vietnam, and lieing

However

According to the Congressional records, Bush DOES have an honorable record. YET The CR claim's that Kerry lied to the commitee, which there ARE document's which prove that. Along with the fact that Kerry preatty much sentence'd most of the POW's there to Death BY lieing to the commitee

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

preatty much sentence'd most of the POW's there to Death BY lieing to the commitee

Good lord!!

Search the Congressional Records Street... it's listed right there that several people died when Kerry testified against our own troops

When the Vietnamess saw that they showed it to our boy's over there, and several of died because of Kerry

So the buck stops with Kerry huh?

Cause and effect.

Was our government in any way responsible for these unnecessary deaths?

How about the military command, are they responsible for the lives of their men?

What about the media for running the stories and airing the hearings?

How about the captors that held them and pulled the trigger, are they responsible?

There's plenty of blame to go around if you really want to go there.

if, by unnevessary, you mean the death's in Iraq. Those death's are unavoidable, our soldiers made the choice to go to war and fight for there country. Death is a side effect unfortantly

Is our Government responsible for those deaths? Yes and No is the answer

Yes, cause we are at war

No, cause they put themselves in harm's way. They KNEW the risk's and choose to face it

You are right, there is plenty of blame

But, ask yourself this, would the death's have lower IF the Bill had been passed? What would have happened if our soldiers had been more better equiped because of this Bill?

That Bill would've given our soldiers BETTER weapons, MORE Armor, and a higher chance of suvival, but thank's to Kerry and several other's that Bill DID NOT Pass

So ultimately, the blame for the soldier's death fall's into Kerry's hand's along with those who voted against this Bill

If the Bill had passed, then our losses might've been minimal..

Channel 2's info on the Bush Documents Marion Carr Knox is 86 years old, and completely comfortable in the eye of a storm. She spent more than two decades keeping pilots and officers in line at Ellington Air Force Base in Houston. Now, she wants to set the record straight about the memos that CBS News obtained.

But there is a twist.

ÔÇ£I did not type those memos. And itÔÇÖs not the form I would have used. And there are words in there that belong in the Army, not to the Air Guard. We never used those terms,ÔÇØ says Knox. ÔÇ£I know that I didnÔÇÖt type them. However, the information in those is correct.ÔÇØ

Knox says she didnÔÇÖt type these memos, but she says she did type ones that contained the same information.

Knox says the information in the four memos that CBS obtained is very familiar, but she doesn't believe the memos are authentic. She does, however, remember her boss, Col. Jerry Killian, being upset over Mr. Bush's failure to take a physical.

And to top that off 60 Minutes will continue to aggressively investigate the story of President Bush's service in the National Guard -- and the story of the documents and memos in Col. Killian's file. Where's the aggressive reporting about Kerry's service!? The media should put pressure on Kerry to sign the 180. The same way it is pressuring Bush.

[ 09-15-2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

CBS is SO TOAST!!!

Dan Rather's career as a TRUSTED newsman is GONE.

Sitcoms beat CBS news for ratings now. Just TOO beautiful.

Then Dan Rather with his, President Bush, just answer the questions? What? The questions on the FAKE memos that even General Staudt has said are BS?

ROFLMAO!!

OK here we go!!

Chicago Sun Times, MARK STEYN!!!

quote:

CBS defense of Rather hints at bigger story

September 19, 2004

BY MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Of all the loopy statements made by Dan Rather in the 10 days since he decided to throw his career away, my favorite is this, from Dan's interview with the Washington Post on Thursday:

''If the documents are not what we were led to believe, I'd like to break that story.''

Hel-looooo? Earth to the Lost Planet of Ratheria: You can't ''break that story.'' A guy called ''Buckhead'' did that, on the Free Republic Web site a couple of hours after you and your money-no-object resources-a-go-go ''60 Minutes'' crew attempted to pass off four obvious Microsoft Word documents as authentic 1972 typewritten memos about Bush's skipping latrine duty in the Spanish-American War, or whatever it was.

The following day Charles Johnson of the Little Green Footballs Web site drove a stake through your phony '70s memos by overlaying them with modern MS Word documents, whose automatic word wrap is amazingly an exact match with Lt. Col. Killian's ''typewriter.'' And every document expert agreed with Johnson your memos are junk, including your own analysts.

By now just about everybody on the planet also thinks they're junk, except for that dwindling number of misguided people who watch the ''CBS Evening News'' under the misapprehension that it's a news broadcast rather than a new unreality show in which a cocooned anchor, his floundering news division and some feeble executives are trapped on their own isle of delusion and can't figure out a way to vote themselves off it.

So the only story you're in a position to break right now is: ''Late-Breaking News. Veteran Newsman Announces He's Recovered His Marbles.'' And, if last week's anything to go by, you're in no hurry to do that.

Instead, Dan keeps demanding Bush respond to the ''serious questions'' raised by his fake memos. ''With respect, Mr. President,'' he droned the other day, ''answer the questions.'' The president would love to, but he's doubled up with laughter.

I was prepared to cut the poor old buffoon some slack a week ago. But Dan's performance has grown progressively more outrageous, to the point where it's hard not to conclude he's colluding in the perpetuation of a massive if ludicrous fraud. Dan's been play-acting at being a reporter for so many years now -- the suspenders, the loosened tie, and all the other stuff that would look great if he were auditioning for a cheesy dinner-theater revival of ''The Front Page''; the over-the-top intros: ''Bob Schieffer, one of the best hard-nosed reporters in the business, has been working his sources. What have you managed to uncover for us, Bob?'', after which Bob reads out a DNC press release. Dan's been doing all this so long he doesn't seem to realize the news isn't just a show.

Round about the middle of last week, he was reduced to shoring up his collapsing fantasy with Bill Glennon, a Cliff Claven figure who was a typewriter repairman in the '70s. But, because every other CBS expert had abandoned Dan's sunk ship, Bill suddenly found himself upgraded to ''document expert.'' This guy's been insisting that you could produce Dan's bogus memos on a 1972 IBM typewriter: ''The Model D had a lever that when pushed put a rubber stopper in front of the keys so they did not strike the paper. You centered the paper using the paper scale, put the carriage on the middle mark of the front index scale, typed your heading and then made note of the number it stopped on. You then moved the carriage back to the corresponding number on the left side of the index scale and retyped your heading and . . .''

Yeah, right. Every time I want to type a memo saying Bush is unfit to be president, that's what I do, too. Look, if Dan thinks this guy's theory is correct, let's put him and his IBM Model D and me and my computer in a room at CBS News for an hour and see which one of us emerges with the closest replicas of these four documents. I'll give him ten thousand bucks for every memo he reproduces exactly, and round it up to an even 50 grand if he gets all four right.

Any takers, CBS?

So the question now is why won't Dan and Co. just admit their docs are crocks and let it go? On Wednesday, CBS News head honcho Andrew Heyward, in a slippery statement, announced that ''we established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate.'' Note that word: not ''genuine'' but ''accurate'' -- i.e., if Lt. Col. Killian had had one of those IBM Model Ds and been willing to remove the carriage return and replace it with a rubber stopper on the front index scale while turning the crank, etc., these are the memos he would have written. Rather and Heyward are adopting the rogue-cop defense: The evidence is planted, but the guy's still guilty. Or as the New York Times' headline put it: ''Memos On Bush Are Fake But Accurate.''

Why has CBS News decided it would rather debauch its brand and treat its audience like morons than simply admit their hoax? For Dan Rather? I doubt it. Hurricane Dan looks like he's been hit by one. He's still standing, just about, but, like a battered double-wide, more and more panels are falling off every day. No one would destroy three-quarters of a century of audience trust and goodwill for one shattered anachronism of an anchorman, would they?

As the network put it last week, ''In accordance with longstanding journalistic ethics, CBS News is not prepared to reveal its confidential sources or the method by which '60 Minutes' Wednesday received the documents.'' But, once they admit the documents are fake, they can no longer claim ''journalistic ethics'' as an excuse to protect their source. There's no legal or First Amendment protection afforded to a man who peddles a fraud. You'd think CBS would be mad as hell to find whoever it was who stitched them up and made them look idiots.

So why aren't they? The only reasonable conclusion is that the source -- or trail of sources -- is even more incriminating than the fake documents. Why else would Heyward and Rather allow the CBS news division to commit slow, public suicide?

Whatever other lessons are drawn from this, we ought at least to acknowledge that the privileged position accorded to ''official'' media and the restrictions placed on the citizenry by McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform are wholly unwarranted.

As for Heyward and Rather, the other day I came across a rare memo from April 20, 1653, typed on a 17th century prototype of the IBM Selectric. It's Oliver Cromwell's words to England's Long Parliament:

''You have sat too long for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!''

Oh, I just do love the smell of CBS meltdown and loss of credibility in the morning, and I do love Mark Steyn, he's to the point, humorous, and most of all SCATHING!!!

Complete the address and it might work. Right now it's only a double http://. If it were a complete address with only an extra http:// it could be done.

Unless you linked to a redirect and it won't come up. They are doing some creepy things these days.

CBS Apologizes for Using Forged Documents

quote:

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- CBS issued a statement Monday in the wake of the controversy surrounding phony documents the network used to accuse President George W. Bush of receiving preferential treatment to get into the Texas Air National Guard 30 years ago. The network backed off its previous claims that the documents were "100% authentic" when the source of the forgeries confessed that he had misled the "60 Minutes" producer of the investigative piece.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The fallout from CBS's doomed story about President Bush's National Guard service most endangers a woman few viewers know but who played a key role in two of the biggest television stories of the year.

Mapes, 48, was described by colleagues on Tuesday as a dogged and talented journalist who made no secret of her liberal political beliefs.

John Carlson, a former commentator at KIRO-TV who is host of a conservative radio talk show in Seattle, remembers Mapes as a talented producer with whom he often argued politics in the newsroom.

Mapes was "quite liberal" and disliked the current President Bush's father, he said.

"She definitely was someone who was motivated by what she cared about and definitely went into journalism to make a difference," Carlson said. "She's not the sort of person who went into journalism to report the news and offer an array of commentary."

Ah well, so much for impartial Journalism.

CBS News

CBS statement: "It is obviously against CBS news standard to be associated with any political agenda." Hah, what a load of crap and a laugh. If anyone believes that, hey I got the Brooklyn bridge to sell ya.

Lets see how many heads roll at CBS. Probably only Mapes (the scapegoat) if CBS has anything to do with it.

Mapes is gonna get the axe, and Rather will be reomoved from ANY political news at all. He will NOT be allowed to present it, because he will NOT and is NOT trusted.

They will make him a nice little News READER until he retires in the Spring.