Presidential Debates

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is gonna smoke Kerry BADLY.

I can't wait, maybe we'll get another Gore in Bush's face moment....LOL That was just too good, arrogance beyond the pale, and Bush just sat there and looked at him like he was nuts.

Honestly, I am NOT at all surprised, and I would not say that this was caused by the Republicans, more likely it is the Democrats.

WHY? Because Bush NEVER asks for the questions that a press person is going to ask him in an interview, he does not believe that that is right, but from what I hear, Kerry ALWAYS asks to review the questions, because he wants to study up the answers.

Bush is MUCH more open and easy going, and MUCH more willing to answer questions from myriads of people WITHOUT preparation, because it is a style that he is GOOD at, and as a matter of fact, if he has pat answers ready at hand, as in memorized, instead of just off the top of his head, HE SCREWS UP THE WORDS. Most if NOT ALL of his gaffs have been because he was reading or talking off a memorized statement.

Kerry on the other hand is absolutely USELESS when it comes to questions that he is NOT prepared to answer. He gets freaked out, and then rambles and gets confused, and FLIP FLOPS.

This sounds like a Carville/Begala thing, because they know that Kerry is the WORST at open style debates, so they are trying to put it to their advantage and not Bush's.

Because with this style that the NY times is discussing, puts Bush at a distinct DISADVANTAGE.

And that is what the Democrats of course want.

Propaganda Matrix...

Interesting... Not sure if I should believe that or not seeing that the site IS named "Propaganda" (IE, What the demorat's LOVE to do..)

By the way, head's up... ALL question's are scripted in case you don't know.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Propaganda Matrix...

Interesting... Not sure if I should believe that or not seeing that the site IS named "Propaganda" (IE, What the demorat's LOVE to do..)

By the way, head's up... ALL question's are scripted in case you don't know.

I just found the site by doing a search on "Bush Press Conference" I'd go to FOX news site, but they don't have it.

Propaganda or not, it's reality or do you think that video is a fake? (Do I need to provide evidence of Republican propaganda? Why do you guys always make these things into partisan arguments?)

All questions are scripted, that's exactly my point. I was merely presenting evidence to Jag since he seems to think Bush speaks off the cuff in these situations.

I do think GW has gotten much better in front of crowds. If you compare video of him during the election campaign of 2000 and today he's an entirely different man, much more relaxed now than he was then. Nevertheless, I don't think he can think on his feet too well, and don't you think it's curious the he alludes to that himself towards the end of that bumbling, rambling response to an entirely valid question?

Sorry, but I don't think so, he is VERY good at unscripted, as a matter of fact it is his GREATEST strength.

It is Kerry's most GLARING weakness.

Sorry, I take anyone that says that Bush asks for questions ahead of time as a glaring liar and propagandist, because I have talked PERSONALLY with numerous journalists that have interviewed Bush, and NOT one has EVER had to give Bush thier questions ahead of time so that he could prepare, although this occurrs VERY often with the Kerry campaign, which aggravates journalist NO end, and which is why Kerry does NOT do press conferences, and when he does, they sound very scripted, because they are.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Sorry, but I don't think so, he is VERY good at unscripted, as a matter of fact it is his GREATEST strength.

Sorry, I take anyone that says that Bush asks for questions ahead of time as a glaring liar and propagandist, because I have talked PERSONALLY with numerous journalists that have interviewed Bush, and NOT one has EVER had to give Bush thier questions ahead of time so that he could prepare, although this occurrs VERY often with the Kerry campaign, which aggravates journalist NO end, and which is why Kerry does NOT do press conferences, and when he does, they sound very scripted, because they are.

How can this quote...

"You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet."

...Indicate anything but an inability to think on his feet?

Come up with an answer? What's that mean? He wasn't being asked to calculate Pi for pete's sake.

A man who is aware of whats going on in his own mind would have immediately said NO, I don't feel I've made any mistakes, how hard could that be? Especially for a man who touts how decisive he is.

By your estimation Bush himself is a "glaring liar" because I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it means he has and does receive scripts and questions ahead of time.

I'm certainly not saying it's an everyday thing, but if you fail to be honest enough to admit what Bush himself admits, then there's really nothing more to add.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

quote:

How can this quote...

"You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet."

...Indicate anything but an inability to think on his feet?

Come up with an answer? What's that mean? He wasn't being asked to calculate Pi for pete's sake.

A man who is aware of whats going on in his own mind would have immediately said NO, I don't feel I've made any mistakes, how hard could that be? Especially for a man who touts how decisive he is.

By your estimation Bush himself is a "glaring liar" because I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it means he has and does receive scripts and questions ahead of time.

I'm certainly not saying it's an everyday thing, but if you fail to be honest enough to admit what Bush himself admits, then there's really nothing more to add.

Have you ever heard of a sense of humour Grizzle? perhaps he just might have one? Ya think?

Damn, you guys are just too much, and if you were up for the last 24 hours running your butt off, you'd get a little frazzled too, the man is the president, it is a BIG job, ya know?

You guys need to get real....

quote:

Have you ever heard of a sense of humour Grizzle? perhaps he just might have one? Ya think?

Nope. I saw that live. It certainly appeared he was frazzled by the question.

I myself am not quick on my feet so to speak but Bush seemed more angry that he got thrown an unknown question than that he didn't have a ready answer.

Just my opinion

quote:

Come on Jag, where have you been?

BUSH: I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it.

Listen to it and then ask yourself if he answered the question.

First off, it was a joke, and he was trying to be funny, and B: NO, he didn't answer the question, because the question was a SETUP!!!

Bush admits mistakes, would have been the headline, and then they would have REALLY torn into him. The press is NOT a freindly audience to Bush as they are to Kerry, So Bush has to watch EVERY word he says, and when it comes to a SETUP like that, he has to disarm it and MOVE it to where HE wants to go, NOT to where the press is wishing it would go.

His answer was phenomenol by the way, he pushed the question aside and answered the question that he SHOULD have been asked.

And it WAS a joke, he has a sense of humor, even when some idiot asks him a catch 22 question, and pisses him off because he knows it's a catch 22 question.

Yeah, there we go, so Mr President, how long did you beat your wife before you finally stopped beating your wife?

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

quote:

What??????

Yep, just watch and see, Bush is gonna SMOKE Kerry in these debates, bigger then big.

Kerry is a boring, intellectual elitist who wouldn't know a principle or a principled position if it came and bit him in the butt.

Bush believes what he says, says what he means, and does not change his mind unless the facts prove that he should, whereas Kerry flip flops at the drop of a hat, or his audience.

Watch, Kerry will flip flop during the debates, Bush will close in on it, and the Democrats will cry foul.

The debates are gonna be grand, Bush will be shown for the actual caring and together human being that he is, and Kerry will be shown for the nutburger that he actually is.

quote:

quote:

quote:

What??????

Yep, just watch and see, Bush is gonna SMOKE Kerry in these debates, bigger then big.

Kerry is a boring, intellectual elitist who wouldn't know a principle or a principled position if it came and bit him in the butt.

Bush believes what he says, says what he means, and does not change his mind unless the facts prove that he should, whereas Kerry flip flops at the drop of a hat, or his audience.

Watch, Kerry will flip flop during the debates, Bush will close in on it, and the Democrats will cry foul.

The debates are gonna be grand, Bush will be shown for the actual caring and together human being that he is, and Kerry will be shown for the nutburger that he actually is.

Y'know what really pisses me off? Its that we are rooting for the same guy, however you unquestionally accept the republican speil. Bush has won, and if I were voting I would vote for him.

Bush is rather horrible unscripted, or atleast thats what the news-channels lets us think.

quote:

Come on Jag, where have you been?

This is not the only example!

BUSH: I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it.

Listen to it and then ask yourself if he answered the question.

I watched that press conference live and was absolutely floored at how poorly Bush handled that question. I kept asking myself how someone with such poor speaking/question answering skills could ever become president. Bush has had fewer press conferences than any other president in modern times and this is the reason why. He sucks at answering unplanned or unscripted questions. I don't know how good Kerry is at this kind of stuff but it is Bush's worst quality IMO. You can bet that the candidates will know exactly what questions will be asked of them by the media at the debates because I'm sure its scripted and I'm sure that Bush's handlers wouldn't have agreed to the debates otherwise. I'm hoping that the other candidates will have tough questions for each other.

For the record I don't like either Bush or Kerry and will probably vote libertarian in disgust this election.

quote:

quote:

And you believe the Main Stream Media?

Liberal BS is all I got to say

Yes, yes I do; as CNN is "The most trusted name in news."

The Communist New's Network? TRUSTED?!

My friend, you need a reality check. CNN is THE MOST Liberal new's out there, there anti-republican, anti-bush and in most case's, anti-american

quote:

quote:

quote:

And you believe the Main Stream Media?

Liberal BS is all I got to say

Yes, yes I do; as CNN is "The most trusted name in news."

The Communist New's Network? TRUSTED?!

My friend, you need a reality check. CNN is THE MOST Liberal new's out there, there anti-republican, anti-bush and in most case's, anti-american

Wow, were did you put your sarcasm detector? Lets all help him find it.

quote:

It's all going to be just another dog and pony show. Perhaps we should get Mark Burnett of the reality tv show fame to script the entire thing. From the looks of it, there would be no difference.

If you want to read the actual agreement, all 32 fricking pages of it, it's right here.

It looks a little overwhelming, but most of it has to do with the piddly details.

Basically it is trying to keep Kerry from doing the old in your face bit that Gore pulled, and it is trying to make sure that the candidates keep within their time limits.

It also keeps Bush from standing on a platform, so that Kerry, at 6'4" will look taller and more regal I guess, (to me he looks like Lurch, but that's just me) and to keep the questions fair, balanced and on topic.

The candidates will NEVER see the questions before the debate, the moderator will be the ONLY person that knows the actual questions, and the townhall style debate will be the same way.

It is NOT staged per se, but it is very organized, and professional to say the least.

If you want to go through the 32 page document, go ahead, but it is just plain BORING.....

Flipping coins for who goes first, what kinds of questions in which debates, how the chairs and podiums will be arranged, how the moderator will respond to time overruns, audience interuptions, questions, etc. How the cameras will be setup, what kind of microphones, ad nauseum.

It is 2 pages longer then the 2000 debate agreement, but who would have expected Gore to get in Bush's face like that? The font is also VERY big, if you brought the font down to 10 or 12, it probably would only be 8 pages long.

quote:

The candidates will NEVER see the questions before the debate, the moderator will be the ONLY person that knows the actual questions, and the townhall style debate will be the same way

You are kidding. Bush is actually going to have to THINK.

This should be interesting.