Bush, Cheney Concede Iraq Had No WMDs

Actually Kalshion, there are hundreds of THOUSANDS that claim that nothing like the atrocities that kerry stated occurred.

I know one soldier that was in Vietnam who admits having done some atrocities, but he was court marshalled and brought down 3 grades, but he still stayed in the military and actually retired an E-7.

Not just hundreds, BUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS!!!

Yes, it was war,and yes, some atrocities happened, but most of those atrocities that were done, the people that were responsible were prosecuted, and punished.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

I know one soldier that was in Vietnam who admits having done some atrocities, but he was court marshalled and brought down 3 grades, but he still stayed in the military and actually retired an E-7.

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Don't take my words out of context, or perhaps I was NOT clear.

There were not hundreds of soldiers that claim that they were NOT witness to war atrocities, BUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS that were NOT witness to war atrocities.

I was repeating my original statement.....

And if you are going to quote someone, at least add your own original thought, this is called a "discussion forum", not "repeat what the other poster wrote and take it out of context forum."

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. forces have exhumed a mass grave in northwestern Iraq and uncovered the remains of hundreds of people.

Many of the bodies found at the site near al-Hatra are believed to be the bodies of Kurdish women and children thought slaughtered by the Saddam Hussein regime. .

And some keep saying Iraq had no weapon of Mass destruction it did and his name was Saddam "WMD" Hussien .

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

street, please. Commas are not to be used when you take a breath.

LOL I had completed over 27 English credits, in high school, and almost as many in college.

I had taken so many creative writing courses,I realized, long ago: One may do whatever one wishes with most of the grammatical punctuations.... structure of sentence.... or paragraph......unless, of course....a grade school teacher is grading your paper.

You are utterly, completely, and unequivocally wrong.

"I had taken so many creative writing courses,I realized, long ago: One may do whatever one wishes with most of the grammatical punctuations.... structure of sentence.... or paragraph......unless, of course....a grade school teacher is grading your paper. "

One DOES NOT separate independent clauses with a colon. You separate independent clause not joined by a conjunction with a SEMI COLON.

ONE DOES NOT overuse an ellipsis

quote:

(Main Entry: el┬Àlip┬Àsis

Pronunciation: i-'lip-s&s, e-

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural el┬Àlip┬Àses /-"sEz/

Etymology: Latin, from Greek elleipsis ellipsis, ellipse, from elleipein to leave out, fall short, from en in + leipein to leave ÔÇömore at IN, LOAN

Date: 1540

1 a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete b : a sudden leap from one topic to another

2 : marks or a mark (as

or * or -) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

Pronunciation Key

┬® 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy)

"from elleipein to leave out" What are you leaving out of your sentences? Use english as you will. But, if you don't use it in the acceptable format, I will consider you less than informed.

Your, sentences, they burn, my eyes. You type, like, Kirk used to, speak, in the old, star trek, episodes. We, will, never, come together, and, see alike, on this, subject.

"Your, sentences, they burn, my eyes. You type, like, Kirk used to, speak, in the old, star trek, episodes. We, will, never, come together, and, see alike, on this, subject."

SIG MATERIAL!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

"Your, sentences, they burn, my eyes. You type, like, Kirk used to, speak, in the old, star trek, episodes. We, will, never, come together, and, see alike, on this, subject."

SIG MATERIAL!!!!

Oh yeah, most definitely.... ROFLMAO!

Now that was some creative writing skills.

Wow, Chavik, sure glad you don't grade my posts... LOL

But you can come over and teach my daughters and son english, grammar, and punctuation, any time you want.

Chavik, you are obvioulsy from a different school of thought. This does not negate my learning; nor, does it negate the opinion of many a professor.

So, I suppose, this is an area where we must agree, to disagree.

I have no intention of being pulled into an argument concerning such rediculous scrutiny.

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

Guys, if you would'n exist somebody should invent you. There were plenty of kurds & iranians being gassed around December 20th, 1983. What's so funny with this date ? Well, it just happen that your War champion, Mr. Rumsfeld, was shaking hands with Saddam...

I keep forgetting about that, once a friend, they must always be your friend.

Come on Nomad, give me a break....