Bush pulls bodyguard out of trouble....

TARWMSRK

Yahoo news

Lets try this link instead. Your AOL requires a login.

President Bush was NOT happy about this at all.

The Chilean security closed ranks to keep his SS lead from coming in, Bush turned around and literally pulled him out of the fracas.

Not bad, not bad at all.

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

Well, the atmosphere was already bitter anyhow given the demands of the US Secret Service that every invited to the gala dinner should undergo metal scans detectors and this kind of stuff. Mr. Lagos simply called off the dinner, to Bush's surprise.

How would you react if Mr. Blair would ask the same checks being performed on US senators & congressists before a dinner at the White House ?

Security has a limit, named Respect...

When it comes to the safety of the leader of the free world, there is NO security limit.

Guest Remo Williams

The insult occurred when they tired to stop the SS from entering to insure the security of the President. Highly suspicious if you ask me Bush should have refused to attend at that point regardless if the SS was let in. Time to take look a Lagos IMO and turn up the heat on this guy for either his poor judgment or ulterior motives.

Yeah, I have to agree, the leader of the free world is a bit much. Especially for a guy who would have trouble finding his way out of a paper bag. I think that leader of the united states is about as far as you can take this clown seeing as he despises any foreign relations unless they kiss his texas ass.

Eclipse how dare you, with your sarcasm, don't insult peoples intelligence and trick them with questions about Chirac and things like that. You know perfectly well that the leader of the free world was Hussein.

Guest Remo Williams

Of course Bush is not liked aboard. Its always that way when you make the decisions that others are to scared to make or will effect their cash flow.

As matter of fact thatÔÇÖs why we have so many whiners here in the US. The ones that say we shouldn't get involved in the reign of a brutal dictator let him slaughter whomever he likes. I'll just set here and smell some flowers go hug a few trees or something. Who cares whatÔÇÖs going on else where in the world. Then maybe I'll complain about people that get the job done and make the world a better place since I'm to scared to take a stand.

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

The Leader of the Free World ? I haven't seen any worldwide poll where people agreed to this. This sentence is mainly used by North-Americans and foreign politicians in sintony with US interests.

Until further notice, the US President is the leader of the USA, who is the remaining superpower, but represents only 280 million people among the 6.5 billion on our planet. So, the "Leader of the free world" is a self-promoted title with what this implies.

Concerning the security of leaders, why don't you check the number of Presidents who do not rely on the local security forces to assure their integrity ? You will find out that US Presidents are the exception. Almost any other leader trusts the security provided by its host and only travel with a reduced guard.

Anyhow, I guess that the security requisites of a politician is function of its popularity and how much appreciated he is... LMAO

Well Nomad, you may not like it, and others around the world may not like it, and the President may even not like it.

BUT, CONGRESS, passed a law,stating that the Secret Service HAS to protect the president, NO MATTER WHERE HE IS.

SO it is not the president, or any other foreign powers decision.

Congress has ORDERED the Secret Service to keep the PRESIDENT SAFE AND GUARDED, no matter WHERE he is.

Congress has done this, and if someone doesn't like it, then they can take it up with the 535 members that make up that body.

And yes, The President of the United States is leader of the free world, because without the US, NONE of you have the cahunas to do ANYTHING.

And without the Presidents approval, and blessing, the free world is UNABLE to do it. Because the US is the ONLY country capable of doing it and without our assistance, you are SOL.

If you don't like that fact, then perhaps you need to spend more money on your own military, so that you don't need us to come in and save you from yourselves.

nomad and jaguar...one question and i speak in all sincerity so if the question sounds ridiculous it is in no way intentional, so here goes: Any possibility of a "EU military force" i.e. EU countries' military forces joined as one that may or may not replace or support the U.N.? Just curious on your thoughts.