ACLU, Anti American?

Kalshion

ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union.

ACLU - Anti Civil Liberties Union.

ACLU - Anti Christan Lawyers Union.

ACLU - Anerchy Communist Lacherous Union.

I can go on?

My meaning for this post is here

I've been reading up on several key story's on the news, how the ACLU is telling people that they cannot put up anything that come's close to being "Christian"

I'm hurt.. I'm christan, raised under christian principles at a private school for 8 year's, then I went to a public high school and finally graduated

Why is it that the ACLU won't allow anything "Christan" yet they don't mind anything jewish? buddish? or anything?

Want to know why? Here's my thought

I think the reason is because of what this nation is founded under... "Christian Principles"

Our founding fathers made that point clear in the constitution and the other resolutions

As a fellow christian, I view the ACLU as a terrorist organization WORSE than the Talidan and WORSE than the enemy that our troops are fighting

They won't bring this nation down, the ACLU will. Expically now that GOERGE SUROS is in charge, freak donated 4 mill already and will undermind anything CHRISTIAN or Republican

Lets see, if I recall.. the words "CHRISTmas" come to mind.. Christian anyone?

Sorry about my typing, my 12 grade english teacher asked me to write up an essay about the ACLU in my own words for her 12th grade english class to view.. it'll get me into big trouble but I don't care, to many people are blind and don't understand what the ACLU is doing to this country

It's because of the ACLU is why our schools are in such a bad shape

It's because of the ACLU is why a lot of our morals no longer exist, why a lot of our christian principles are destroyed

Here's my question, the ACLU goes after anything CONSERVATIVE (as shown during elections and christmas) and anything CHRISTIAN (as shown during the years and christmas) but never after anything liberal? Why? Cause there a liberal organization - proof of that is there new leader, George Suros

Anywho, what are you're views on this subject? Also, don't comment on my typing please or else I will request that you're reply be deleted, this is a debate about the ACLU, not about someone's typing skills

The ACLU is for a concept called "separation of chrch and state," the premise of which is found nowhere in the constitution. Oddly enough this appears to be defined as separation of the christian religion from all aspects of public existance in America. You are correct that the ACLU does not seem to make cases against Judaism for public displays of the Minora, nor against atheists for the procelytation of their religion. In fact it could almost be argued that the ACLU is for the establishment of atheism as the religion of America.

The ACLU has pushed the minority views of teh majority for quite some time now and I think that the majority is beginning to get sick of this political correct nonsense now that it is going to the extremes of renaming holidays and discriminating against the free exercise of religion granted us in America.

In my simple brains estimation, a kid that prays of over lunch or prays before taking a test while at a school should not be pushined nor should the school be enforcing arbitrary regulations for fear that the actions of such students might offend another child or their family. If my beliefs offend you then deal with it, thats life, but do not seek to cram your beliefs down my throat or cry to Big Brother to "fix or somefink." The problem doesn't lie with my prayer before lunch, it lies with your hatred for what that prayer represents.

Court Prohibits Parents From Eavesdropping

Should Parents Have Right to Eavesdrop?

The two storys above, are prime example's that the ACLU is tryign to take away a lot of our rights, some people might not notice it but it is fact that the ACLU sparked these storys

There's always been tension between a child and a parent, the child doesn't believe there parents have any right to easedrop on them and after that the ACLU decided they have there right to tell the parents how to raise there children

In my opinion

If you life under MY roof, eat MY food, use MY money, use MY phone then you DON'T have a right to privacy expically on the phone or if I find out that you are going to do something "illigel"

Many parents have saved there children BY listening in on privaite conversations. Kid's who are planning on commiting a robbery (like in that story)

So, in my opinion, what give's the ACLU to right to play god?

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Actually, Michael Savage, O'Rielley is OK, but he is too left wing for me...

How can he be too left when he's talked about stuff for the Republicans?

In a case like this, he's a Rhino then.. Left and Right. Cause the O'rielley I listen isn't left

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

In a case like this, he's a Rhino then.. Left and Right. Cause the O'rielley I listen isn't left

No, Bill is a bit left wing for me, he says that he's fair and balanced, but I believe that he is a bit to the left, and the way he KISSED up to Kerry through the entire election cycle, and beat up on the swiftvets really torqued me off.

I don't like Bill very much, we only have an hour of his show here, and it is between Savage and Laura Ingrham, so I listen to him, just so that I don't have to change the station.

What constitutes being anti-American in your minds? Besides the Christian issues you've listed (are you equating Christianity with Americanism?) what other anti-American things are they guilty of?

Maybe the constitution does not specifically state 'separation of church and state' but neither does it specifically state Christianity anywhere. It talks about God, which is a very generic term that applies to any religion worshiping a creator/higher power.

So if you will allow interpretation of God to mean Christianity then you should also allow the concept of 'making no laws regarding the establishment of religion' to mean the separation of Church (any church) from that of the public (Governmental) arena.

Grizz, it is tied into the ACLU.. just like this next link is as well, just because it doesn't say it doesn't mean it isn't

White House Decries ACLU Assault on Christmas

By Jeff Gannon

Talon News

December 24, 2004

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/december/1...ries_aclu.shtml

The Founder of the ACLU was an avowed communist, whose main goal was to use the US's own democratic system against it.

He has done exactly that, now there is a wall or separation of church and state, although no such thing exists within the constitution. Since this socalled separation now exists, he has pushed it to it's limits, and is destroying the country in the process.

There is NO SUCH thing as a separation of Church and State, it was created by activist Judges, but it does NOT exist, just as the right to privacy, does NOT exist.

Read the consitution, and show me where there is a separation of church and state, BE SPECIFIC!!!

ANd 2nd, show me where in the constitution where you have a right to privacy, AGAIN, be specific.

You just may learn something....

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

So if you will allow interpretation of God to mean Christianity then you should also allow the concept of 'making no laws regarding the establishment of religion' to mean the separation of Church (any church) from that of the public (Governmental) arena.

That by no way means to separate religion from government. All that means is that the government can make no law to establish itÔÇÖs own religion to force on the people.

They wanted to make sure that we had freedom of religion and not made to worship one state endorsed and sponsored way. Remember most of the first American settlers fled Europe to escape religious persecution from the state.

So if the founding fathers wanted us to have freedom of religion to worship whom ever, where ever, and when ever then why is it that the government is trying or allowing religion to be stamped upon everywhere in this country especially in our public places where it should be trying to preserve our freedom as granted by the constitution.