9.0 on ungrateful scale

Daily News: The Indonesian government yesterday showed its appreciation to U.S. soldiers who have been risking their lives helping tsunami victims by ordering them to get out of the country by the end of March.

"Three months are enough," Vice President Jusuf Kalla told the official Antara news agency. "In fact, the sooner [they leave] the better."

Yes, I stole title from the lead off statement in the article. It was too perfect.

Which brings me back to my other thread about getting involved or sending money. I say pull out now and no more money.

BTW: let's keep it nice in this thread. I don't want this one closed off either.

Well, isn't it just duckie?

I believe that I have stated it before,

We send our resources to every disaster ridden corner of the globe and then they spit in our faces.

If this is the example that Islam preaches, then it doesn't bode well for those who practice it.

I'm with Jag on this one, pull it all out and use the money for something more constructive or at least on someone who will appreciate it.

I have some nails to bite so I'm done on this subject.

Guest DocHoliday

Just as a mental exercise. Just play along.

Imagine (but honestly) being an Indonesian and think of how you would see the US as a geniune Indonesian and tell me how it looks. Also take into account what nomad said. It's an important factor to take into consideration.

How does 15.000 marines (or whatever the actual number) in your country look now that you are a just a ripped up kid without a roof over your head?

Or better yet. Imagine you have a catastrophic disaster in the US... and then Indonesians send over their military to provide assistance..? (not likely but imagine it anyway)

Would you not in the least bit feel uneasy.. or feel they are taking away your dignity.. or feel they have a hidden agenda.. or you just wanted to deal with your own problems without someone looking over your shoulder.

I pretty much think this is the kind of sentiment the Indonesians might have right now.....and I'm saying, you should make sure people want your help before committing.

Please indulge me, I'd really like you to feel how it is NOT to be a US citizen. I've been all my life so it's easy for me to imagine

Cheers,

Doc

Somebody tell me, HOW, when after 911, when a Christian preacher says that we are being punished by God, he is condemned by EVERY person in the media, but when a Tsunami hits and KILLS over 100,000 people, and some Muslim NUTCASE says,

quote:

Ibrahim Al-Bashar, an advisor to Saudi Arabia's justice minister, explained on Saudi television:

Whoever reads the Koran, given by the Maker of the World, can see how these nations were destroyed. There is one reason: They lied, they sinned, and (they) were infidels. Whoever studies the Koran can see this is the result. ... These countries, in which these things occurred -- don't they refrain from adopting Allah's law, which is a form of heresy? Whoever does not act according to Allah's law is a heretic, that's what Allah said in the Koran. Don't these countries have witchcraft, sorcery, deceitfulness and abomination?

And this one?

quote:

Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris, a Palestinian cleric, pronounced the following in his televised Friday sermon:

Don't you think that the wrath of the earth and the wrath of the sea should make us reflect? Tens of thousands dead, and many predict that the number will be in the hundreds of thousands. We ask God for forgiveness. When oppression and corruption increase, the law of equilibrium applies. I can see in your eyes that you are wondering what the 'universal law of equilibrium' is. This law is a divine law. If people are remiss in implementing God's law and in being zealous and vengeful for His sake, Allah sets his soldiers in action to take revenge.

So, where are all the people saying how coldhearted these guys are, where are the people coming down on them for such nonsense, Where's the condemnation? like they did with the Christian? HMMMMMM?

That's right, if you upset a Christian, it's no big deal, but if you upset a Muslim, they KILL YOU!!!

I say cut off EVERY country that pulls somthing like this, oh, and guess what, our marines that are helping, are now ALL UNARMED, they have had their weapons removed, now all they are is TARGETS!!

Get our marines OUT, and cut all MONETARY help from them. If Allah is punishing them, let him!!

I have to agree that they seem very ungrateful, its like we'll take your money but keep out!.

I also think that western media is as Anti-west as islamic tv is, they try to put eveything these monsters do in the best possible light, they are A

ctivists not Terrorists? come on wake up!. I also agree that they are not entitled to any aid from us in the first place and that aid is given out of "the goodness of our hearts" or a "Guilt Trip" of somekind. The Secretary General had ambsolutly no right to demand money. We should abolish the UN. and spend our money on somthing sensible instead. UN = 99.99% Burocracy 00.01% action.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Walker:

and spend our money on somthing sensible instead.

Yeah, any local disasters like the U.S. is having out west in california and other states or just hold on to it for a rainy day or use that money to pay off the deficit that a few here are crying about(funny that some only cry about the deficit when we go to war).

Guest DocHoliday

Well, anyway, read what I said and try to excercise the reversed point of view. It's fun. I do it all the time and the world really becomes a funny place, full of kids bickering.