Iraq Insurgents Gone Mad

Guest DocHoliday

"He told CNN in a phone interview that the flak jacket in the picture had a kind of trim along the edges that he'd never seen before, and that the open-legged pants, as opposed to gathered hems, struck him as odd."

Is this guy crazy or just detached from reality? Does this matter in any remote way..?

The point that strikes me as sick (object if you want to) is that they are actually producing action figures portraying soldiers who are even now dying in Iraq...

OF COURSE, the Iraqi terrorists would use this against the US.. Trying to imagine their point of view, I'd actually expect them to rip it appart and say, this is what's gonna happen to your REAL G.I. Joes.......

sorry if it sounds offensive, but that's the way it is. All is fair in war, especially if you have a terrorist not bound by rules of ethics, morale, etc... And then they see that the opposite side is actually making toys of the people who invaded their country.. Bad...

Cheers

Janez

quote:

Originally posted by DocHoliday:

"He told CNN in a phone interview that the flak jacket in the picture had a kind of trim along the edges that he'd never seen before, and that the open-legged pants, as opposed to gathered hems, struck him as odd."

Is this guy crazy or just detached from reality? Does this matter in any remote way..?

No, he's not crazy. The reality is YOU not having a clue why he is saying that.

The POINT - which you CLEARLY missed - he was making is in providing further evidence that this toy could NOT be a military soldier.

*sheesh*

Whats wrong with making toy soldiers now? What planet do you come from? We should stop making toy soldiers?

What, maybe we should also castrate 90% of boys so that they don't grow up into testesterone ladden men and maybe teach them to play with little barbies and kents. Yeah, that must be it...

Guest DocHoliday

Well, the point is moot. Dragon Models USA does produce special ops Cody, so if this particular figure was it or not doesn't really matter. It represents and American military person well enough.

The point which I failed to see, becuase the article doesn't state it at all, is what the actual point of the article was.

Was the action-figure hostage meant as a mockery?, was it meant to piss off the US military at the region?, is it worth any kind of consideration at all..? this sort of thing.

"What, maybe we should also castrate 90% of boys so that they don't grow up into testesterone ladden men and maybe teach them to play with little barbies and kents. Yeah, that must be it..."

The problem with nor the reason for testosterone ladden men as you put it is not in their genes or the toys they play with and you know it. But it's connected.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

The point which I failed to see, becuase the article doesn't state it at all, is what the actual point of the article was.

The point of the article is, its a toy, a piece of plastic, its not real, there is no hostage.

They tried to pull a fast one, and are too stupid to realize people could tell the difference between a man and a doll.