Terror Attacks in London

Street:

I saw your latest post as soon as I posted mine, so I'll respond quick before I go.

Despite what you believe, I believed on my own, without considering any overall "methodology", that invading Iraq was a good move. You do not agree, but that is neither here nor there. As of now, while the benefit of hindsight illustrates to us that mistakes have been made, overall it is my estimation that things are going rather well in Iraq AND in the war on terror. If you disagree, I am sorry. I consider myself just as informed on current events as you consider yourself - I simply don't see things the way you do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Just look at Afghanistan. Since how much time are US and NATO troops waging war there ? Yet this year islamist and taleban insurgency appears better organized and armed. Anybody can explain this instead of resorting to futile rethoric ?

There is SUPPORT. Is'nt that an obvious given?

One kind of support is self replicating, due to the ideology of Toppling regimes and controlling other countries through military force and totalitarian forms of international rule (embargos, sanctions, blockades etc.)

Those countries populations which are affected, respond by recognizing the actions coming from that ideology as unjust. This creates a psycological resistance to swell. quite justified, I might add... Up to this point anyway.

The FEW who become fanatic commit atrocity, and the practiced methodology to combat such, is presently reinforcing that which created the condition, in the first place.

The other type of support is being provided by SOME unknown entity...Either a conciously orginized group,government,or militia; or, some spontaneously orginized segment of the population. Support from those who would not actively combat, but who would provide means for financial, and material needs.

Of course, there are those few who will be drawn to fight the "HOLY WAR", for ALLAH; Just as, the mercenary soldiers are drawn in from our side, for the all mighty dollar.

Guest Capn Crunch

What did you expect? We (US and UK) bombed Islamic civilians. Did you really believe that they would just sit by idly and accept it? Stop being moronic and move on to intellectual discourse. Talk about awakening a sleeping giant...sheesh

Guest Capn Crunch

Supreme Cmdr

Member # 134

posted 07-07-2005 02:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sign that I just made and put on my card says this.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Stand With You

As you stood with us on 911, we stand with you now.

Today we are ALL British

The sign that I just made and put on my card says this......

today i am not british nor will i ever be british, you idiots should have thought long and hard about what you were getting into when you agreed to join up with the lies that george bush promoted for his going to war plan. god, you really fell for that one didn't ya? and now you're paying for it. oh well, i guess you were alittle slower than the spanish,eh? typical pompous brits to the end huh? a lot of good that did ya. maybe this is a little karma or payback for the years of torture you laid down upon the world around you. sucks, huh? well, the us is getting ataste of that lately, so welcome to the club. maybe you should've just allowed the irish to eat instead of starving millions of them to death, huh?

quote:

Originally posted by Capn Crunch:

Supreme Cmdr

Member # 134

posted 07-07-2005 02:28 PM

The sign that I just made and put on my card says this.

quote:

We Stand With You

As you stood with us on 911, we stand with you now.

Today we are ALL British

The sign that I just made and put on my card says this......

today i am not british nor will i ever be british, you idiots should have thought long and hard about what you were getting into when you agreed to join up with the lies that george bush promoted for his going to war plan. god, you really fell for that one didn't ya? and now you're paying for it. oh well, i guess you were alittle slower than the spanish,eh? typical pompous brits to the end huh? a lot of good that did ya. maybe this is a little karma or payback for the years of torture you laid down upon the world around you. sucks, huh? well, the us is getting ataste of that lately, so welcome to the club. maybe you should've just allowed the irish to eat instead of starving millions of them to death, huh?

Coherence and logical thought would be a good start, a very good start, and a new avatar would be a good idea as well....

quote:

Originally posted by street:

Hey Crunch, I for one, am glad to see another "AWAKE" individual come into this community. Indeed, WELCOME.

LOL

BTW, Capncrunch is on a timeout.

I didn't do it, but I know that his incoherent posts, rudeness, and otherwise nonsensical posting got a mod a bit cranky.

He may get an opportunity to post again, but it ain't my call...

Such a bummer, huh? LOL

no, no fatalities, only one person was injured, and it's too early to say whether the people involved are linked to the earlier bombings or just attempting to copy them.

Latest on the bombings

Things could have been an enormous amount worse, my sister and her fiancee would have been on the Liverpool Street Underground train that was bombed two weeks ago (killing 7) if they hadn't been up at my parent's house preparing for her wedding on the Saturday, so she was really freaked out when she saw what was happening, and now she's avoiding this nonsense by being away on honeymoon. I guess somebody up there likes her.

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Police in London say they have shot a man at a subway station, the day after four apparently failed attempts to repeat the carnage of the July 7 blasts.

quote:

There were unconfirmed media reports that the person shot at Stockwell station -- close to the Oval, one of four sites targeted by suspected bombers on Thursday -- was a suspected suicide bomber.

One passenger, Briony Coetsee told the Press Association: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say 'get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

Meanwhile Friday, police were hunting the bombers who struck London's transport network Thursday.