Terror Attacks in London

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Far as I'm concerned here in that, may there be no-body hurt that are concerned as 'innocents' in that case...

Well,but a human has been killed.And he didn't do anything but running to a train.(of course I know that he was already suspected of being a terrrorist and being surveyed by the security forces in GB,but still..."preemptive killing" *shudder*)

He seemed to be doing a little more than running to a train.

He came out of a house linked with the bombings the day before, dressed in a padded jacket on a hot and humid day, when told to stop by the police he instead ran into the tube station, ran onto a train full of people and grabbed onto one passenger, and according to a witness on the train itself, he appeared to be wearing "a bomb belt with wires coming out", so if he wasn't a suicide bomber he was doing a very convincing impersonation of one about to kill a whole lot of people and I don't blame the security services one bit.

shooting report

Ah,ok,didn't know that.In the news it has been just stated that a person with a big jacket running to a train(being suspected to be terrorist)has been shot.Anyway,of course in things moral it is better to kill 1 terrorist to save lots of people ,but in terms law it has been stated that you are innocent until the moment that you commit the crime.Thus the policemen shot an innocent.

Sorry,too late to edit my post.

quote:

in terms law it has been stated that you are innocent until the moment that you commit the crime

Before anyone is wondering what I'm talking about:I didn't inform myself about the british Judicature,this is just an assertion,as I thought that the Judicature in democratic(western) countries would be more or less the same.But I might be wrong,sorry about that.

Actually, if I remeber correctly, the British Judiciary works substabtantially different from that of the U.S. But at any rate, we'll have to defer to someone who knows.

And about the point that a "human" was killed, well, all I'll say is that if he was a terrorist, he got what he deserved. No tribunals, no day in court- just to be shot like a rabid dog. My compassion ENDS where terrorism starts.

This was NOT preemptive!! At worst, it was a terrible mistake. Notice that the British authorities only ruled out his connection with the mass transit bombings, NOT terrorism.

Let's say for arguments sake that he was completely and utterly innocent. He was acting in a manner consistent with suicide bombers, and in case you hadn't noticed, EVERYONE in London is completely on edge due to recent acts of terrorism. The police were only doing what they thought necessary in order to keep him from detonating a bomb that they could not know he didn't have. If he was indeed innocent, I regret his death, but c'mon! Running from police in a subway with terrorists running rampant throught the mass transit system? You have GOT to be smarter than that!!!

And yes... I absolutely support preemptive killing of terrorists.

Hm,surely.

I didn't claim that you can clearly say in this case what's wrong and whats right.

When you see some terrorist standing there having the detonator in his hand he should be killed/overwhelmed before he can kill other people.But you cant IMO determine by the behavior if some1's a terrorist or not.

Lets assume he wasn't a terrorist.And he ran away to the train because the police already was following him and he had fear.I know,you normally should stop when a policeman tells you to,but there are person that can get panic,and then they run away.And get maybe shot.Though innocent.That were my thoughts behind the whole thing.

But on the other hand I also agree with your points.Because he could have been a terrorist.But still I'm convinced that one should try to overwhelm the suspect bloodlessly.With electro guns for example.Because murder is murder.

Even if people can saved with it.

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Police say the man they shot dead at a London Underground station was a Brazilian national "not connected" with this week's attempted bombings on the city's transit system.

quote:

De Menezes on Friday left a south London apartment building that had been under surveillance as part of the investigation into the attempted bombings Thursday.

Officers followed him to the Stockwell Underground station. The man's "clothing and suspicious behavior at the station added to their suspicions," a police statement said.

He challenged police and refused to obey orders before he was shot and killed Friday morning, Blair said Friday.

A witness to the shooting, Mark Whitby, said he was sitting on the train when "I heard a lot of shouting."

"I saw a chap run on to the train," Whitby said. "He was running so fast he half sort of tripped. He was being pursued by three guys. One had a black handgun in his hand."

"As he sort of went down, two of them sort of dropped on to him to hold him down, and the other one fired. I heard five shots."

This is not the actions of someone who is innocent.

The network news said he didn't understand English.

But you can't blame the police,they are under unbelievable amounts of stress.

You fricking kidding me? If that was a terrorist, dozens if not hundreds of people would have been dead. Mothers and Father not coming home to their kids, left orphaned. Grandparents, family, dead because the police hesitated to shoot at someone who matched the paterns PERFECTLY. And now that he is not a terrorist, at the very least he is a complete MORON that should be recorded on that Darwin website. When you wear a vest with WIRES coming out of it, and you not just hurry to a train, YOU RUN LIKE HELL tripping over yourself, grab another passenger, all the while trying to get away from LAW ENFORCEMENT that protects YOU, DUUUUHH. Would you take that chance if your mother was on that train? Your child coming home from school? If your family was on that train and it would turn out to be a terrorist running, and the cops hesistated, would you praise the cops for considering the matter and trying to spare an innocent MORON, or would you blame them for not protecting your family when he would push the button and blow it all up. One morron, or hundreds of people, your family, or a chance that an idiot will live, that's a hell of a choice isn't it. If you pick an idiot, I feel really sorry for anyone who is related to you, because I would never EVER let anyone even have a CHANCE at hurting someone I love.

He SHOULD HAVE STOPED, PERIOD.

quote:

The network news said he didn't understand English.

But you can't blame the police,they are under unbelievable amounts of stress.

I agree completely Cc. If he had been a suicide bomber terrorist, all he would have had to do was pull a cord. Anyone could move their hand a few inches even when they are subdued. These cops had to make a split-second decision that I hope to God I myself am never faced with. However, if I were, I'd probably have done the same. And felt terrible afterwards, assuming this man was not a terrorist.