Falling Bush

quote:

Originally posted by Blerm:

Thank God. Hope it sticks...

Whatever Blerm, it don't make a LICK of difference, he can't run for office again, so he gives a flying leap about polls.

He can now do whatever he wants, and is, he has angered his conservative base, and has had the ENTIRE whacked out left wing on his butt since the day he was elected the first time.

Blerm, Polls and data don't mean jack right now, and don't matter in the least.

BTW, Rove is gonna be cleared, and the REAL crap will hit the fan REAL soon, and the left is NOT gonna like that one little bit, because it will get ANOTHER Republican, Hopefully a REAL conservative this time, elected.

Polls are exthremely unreliable cause they only target a specific audience

Either way though, Bush isn't going to be re-elected, but I still fear about who will be elected by term...

We could very well get a WORSE president in office

I'm seriously praying that Rice run's, cause if Hilery get's in, well folks, better stock up on them ammo crates and build yall's a bomb shelter, as well as food, cause you WILL need it...

quote:

...and has had the ENTIRE whacked out left wing on his butt since the day he was elected the first time.

Kind of like the reppies who were all over Clinton from day one too... I don't sanction either party in these sorts of actions, but it has unfortunately become part of politics.

quote:

BTW, Rove is gonna be cleared, and the REAL crap will hit the fan REAL soon,

Did you get this from your Crystal Ball?

quote:

... because it will get ANOTHER Republican, Hopefully a REAL conservative this time, elected.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The U.S.public is very fickle and given the disasterous 8 years of Republican rule I have a feeling they'll vote for change. Whether or not the economic prosperity experienced under Clinton's administration was a result of his actions (yeah I know it was the Rep Congress that did it only they don't seem to be doing so well now so that's debatable...) people will just remember things were much better with a Dem in office and will probably try their luck going that route again.

The Republicans had the chance of a lifetime by dominating the US political spectrum and have completely blown it.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The U.S.public is very fickle and given the disasterous 8 years of Republican rule I have a feeling they'll vote for change. Whether or not the economic prosperity experienced under Clinton's administration was a result of his actions (yeah I know it was the Rep Congress that did it only they don't seem to be doing so well now so that's debatable...) people will just remember things were much better with a Dem in office and will probably try their luck going that route again.

The Republicans had the chance of a lifetime by dominating the US political spectrum and have completely blown it.

The question is, are they really doing such a bad job or is the liberal media laying in hot and heavy more so with the repulicans then they've ever done with the democrats. I don't trust this media of ours not one bit.

We here in NYC have a republican mayor and things couldn't be better economically and school wise. Although, he grinds my gears sometimes, he's turned this city around what the democrats turned it into with years of abuse and corruption.

There is no question LIS, it's the incompetence of the Bush administration. Open your eyes and take an honest look.

As for the "liberal media", well the reppies always seem to have an excuse for everything and it's never their own.

I'm sure some of you would love to have Republican rule until the end of time, unfortunately they don't seem to know how to handle the power once they have it. Maybe if they paid more attention to the people instead of their own selfish agendas things wouldn't be in such a bad state of affairs.

Of course, they'll probably find away to blame it all on the Democrats anyhow, that's about the only thing they seem to be good at.

Oh, there IS question. The Dems are media darlings. EVERYTHING is spun to make them look good and the Republicans look bad. It doesn't help that the Republicans have been making there job so easy, but the bias is so obvious you have you lean your head to the left just to watch the news.

The only people who adeny the obvious media bias are the ones who benefit from it. Lost is exactly right.

quote:

Originally posted by Blerm:

Thank God. Hope it sticks...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/25/poll.bush/index.html

I don't think he gives a shit; seeing that its his last term.

Nevertheless, the Repulican party record is in a shambles from all accounts and its not going to bode well for the next poor sap who steps up to the plate.

Well we cant overlook the fact this is a CNN reported poll. Comparing their polls to others I find the individuals who tend to offer input the most are the ones that dislike him most.

For example: I work in tech support but people dont call me or even care who I am until they are dis-satisfied with how things are working. Otherwise im just out of the loop.

Great deal of the people that would have and did vote for him at the time dont bother to give their input and/or just faded back into the woodwork. As far as im concerned the election is over and aching over it wont help anyone look forward.

quote:

This constant whining about universally dem-sympathetic medias is just BS.

About what I'd expect from a completely unobjective liberal. The bias does not bother you because it HELPS your side - that doesn't mean it's not there; you are simply okay with it.

Tell me that Dan Rather and Peter Jennings and all of these other liberal crusaders who sprang out of our hoplessly liberal collegic institutions didn't and don't now push their own version of the news. I need a good laugh.

The worst thing an aspiring journalist can do is say to him/herself " I'm going to make a difference!" Excuse me, but you are not supposed to make a difference. An objective journalist is virtually invisible; they make NO difference to the facts of the story. Instead, our TV and print media is replete with leftist activists who want to build a legacy by putting their spin on truth, all the while advancing their own agenda and not caring one whit that the truth is reported objectively.

I've got an idea - how about you journalists quit deciding for us night after night and day after day which are the important stories and which will be swept under the carpet, as in their ridiculous over-inflation of the Rove/Plame non-story and complete avoidance of Able Danger. How about you stop giving your Democrat media darlings a pass and then turning around and slamming those hated Republicans for doing the exact same things, often to a lesser extent. Tell me this does not happen. Please. I really do need a good laugh.

Obviously Bush won't be running again, and yes, it's just one poll (instead of a series of independent, concurrent polls), but I think (or hope) it's an accurate reflection of how people feel about the leader they've chosen.

Dems are putting their feet down against the Reps, and I hope it keeps up:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/01/sen...iraq/index.html

Why I refer to this is not to talk of the Iraq war (as it's not subject of this thread!), but to refer to Majority Leader Bill Frist's comment, "this is an affront to me personally," - I think it odd that any party leader (not just a Rep) would find a foot-placing demand for an investigation into something that was started, that may or may not have been based on lies, a personal affront but not the (alleged) blatant lies themselves.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I don't think he gives a shit; seeing that its his last term.

Bush strikes me as someone who will think the presidency was a fun romp in that white building over there.

quote:

Originally posted by Forever Light:

For example: I work in tech support but people dont call me or even care who I am until they are dis-satisfied with how things are working. Otherwise im just out of the loop.

Ain't that the truth. So many times, somebody comes to me with a problem, and when I ask them how long it's been since it worked, I'm told "a month."

-B

quote:

...would find a foot-placing demand for an investigation into something that was started, that may or may not have been based on lies, a personal affront but not the (alleged) blatant lies themselves.

At least you said "may or may not have been". That kind of objectivity from your side of the political spectrum is extremely rare. Kudos to you.

As for the investigation, I agree - it ought to hurry up. I think the affront comment was in regards to the fact that the second phase of the investigation is in fact underway, and this is just a media stunt. Which is working, since the media are tools.