Storm grows over Mohammad cartoons

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Unfortunately this seems to be the standard response to just about everything they don't like.

exactly. its like "conform to our way of thinking or we'll unleash the jihad on you!!! infidels!!!" and the sad thing is... thats only a small fraction of their people, but its that fraction that makes the others look just as bad.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Hmm, pretty good article.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion as you guys. But I don't think that this issue is about the danish cartoons anymore. This has become a political matter.

In 3-4 months after the publication there were no reaction at all. Then suddenly all hell breaks loose. I think that there 4 sides of this:

* The political "manipulator" hiding in the background spreading lies and rumors,

* the extremists glad of the opportunity to make some noise,

* the general mob which just believes the propaganda which is fed to them.

* the media showing only the "exciting stuff" so each side only see the "extremities" of the opposing side.

No doubt the middle-east dictatorships sees this as an opportunity to gather their people around them and get their support by providing a "common enemy".

Syria is a dictatorship and a police-state. If they would have wanted to stop the riots, they sure well would have succeeded.

I think the people in these countries are so frustrated and suppressed, that when they get the opportunity they let all their anger run out on something completely arbitrary.

Another thing is, that most of the things that are protested against in the middle-east, hasn't really taken place in Denmark. Rumors say the the Koran has been burned in public with the blessing of the Danish government, and half the cartoons showed in arabic tv has never been in Danish papers (as stated in the article referred above).

Also the Danish tv new, and (I think) CNN stated that Syria has withdrawn their ambassador from Denmark. Syria hasn't got an embassy in Denmark. Where does all these rumors come from?

And one last thing, about 70% of the Danish people do not know who Mohammed is. Then how should we make fun of him, or apologize about the cartoons?

Well, just had to let out a little steam

The radical Islam as a whole is getting out way out of hand (not that it wasnt already). They are a scourge upon the free world and are exactly the people we've been trying to stop in the war on terror. I say that Palestine and any nation that supports it should be declared an enemy and brought down before the entire region falls into complete chaos.

quote:

Originally posted by The Black Ghost:

The radical Islam as a whole is getting out way out of hand (not that it wasnt already). They are a scourge upon the free world and are exactly the people we've been trying to stop in the war on terror. I say that Palestine and any nation that supports it should be declared an enemy and brought down before the entire region falls into complete chaos.

To me, it's called a target rich environment....

Locked and loaded baby, come and get it!!!

(CNN) -- A boycott of Danish goods called by Muslim leaders over the publishing of cartoons of Prophet Mohammad is dealing a blow to the nation's businesses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CNN) -- Denmark's leaders are calling for calm and dialogue as the nation finds itself under increasing pressure over the cartoons depicting Islam's revered Prophet Mohammed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- A crowd of about 200 people pelted the Austrian Embassy in Tehran with petrol bombs and stones on Monday in a protest over the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.

Where the hell is the backbone of these European countries? Just tell them to blow it out their you know what and prove their Mohammad cartoon wrong.

The way I look at it, the radicals struck first by killing that Danish movie director (forget his name off hand right at the moment). Since then the danes have had nothing but contempt for the Muslim religion.

quote:

Originally posted by The Black Ghost:

DOWN WITH THE ISLAMIC INFIDELS!!!

"We should jail the lot of em'!" -Officer George Betty.

lol.

You want amusing? And a little bit of truth to go with it?

Listen to This

And those of you who say that it is stretching to say such things, are too PC and will die with the rest as they come for us, as they are going to do.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

You want amusing? And a little bit of truth to go with it?

Listen to

And those of you who say that it is stretching to say such things, are too PC and will die with the rest as they come for us, as they are going to do.

Haha, funny. Hope they don't see that. But then again it ain't got no Muslim prophet pictures in it. Idiotic iconoclasts.

quote:

Originally posted by JUDGExKTF:

Don't you mean that Dutch movie director? Theo van Gogh who was killed by muslim extremist

As for showing some backbone, as everyone knows apologies are relativly cheap I Mean even Bush wouldn't go and TV and say: "Yeah! Take that (*@#(*(@, Want some more? huh ?" The last thing we need is this escalating any further. Its time for damage control, when the dust has settled we can determine our next move and prevent this from happening again, one way or another.

Yeah that's him. I have a thread about him in here somewhere was just to lazy to do any searches last night for his name. Thanks for the refresh.

I know it's just getting a bit annoying watching the events going on over silly cartoons.

Thanks

Well, it gets you thinking when you realize how many lies and miscommunication that goes around.

I am of the belief (and somewhat naive) that all problems like these would cease to exist if people had some way of knowing how the opposing side in the conflict felt, and really FELT.

Much hatred is based on assumptions and the need of an enemy. You define your allies through the terms of an enemy.

If we hadn't had religion, it would be other things as skin colour, hair colour, geographic orientation and other details that seperates individuals. It's just in our nature.

Here the other day I saw an interview with a Palestine inhabitant which declared that "It is outrageous that the Danish censorship allow this kind of publications". This just shows that the people down there have NO clue how we live.

If we can't understand each others basic society concept, then we can't judge each others reactions. I just bet, that even how much I agree with my American buddies in this conflict, I would assume that I would react exactly like the muslims in the middle east, if I was born and raised in the middle east.

Well, thats just my belief. But still I feel how much the racist inside me shouts and gets stronger during a conflict like this. A part of me wants to believe that they are TRULY evil.

Everyone just needs to give up their peace fantasies and accept the fact that people will always kill other people until the end of the human ****ing race. This is going to go on and on until all the muslims are exterminated or we are all exterminated. And then even after that, we'll find something else equally stupid and outrageous to get pissed off about and it starts all over again. It's how we've defined our entire history and all we know how to do. So get over it.

THEY ARE TRULY EVIL!!

And there is no doubt of that....

How many people have to be beheaded on video, how many innocents need to be killed by suicide bombers, how many churches and synogogues burned etc, before you come to that realization?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

QALAT, Afghanistan - Police killed four people Wednesday as Afghans enraged over drawings of the Prophet Muhammad marched on a U.S. military base in a volatile southern province, directing their anger not against Europe but America.

The U.S. base was targeted because the United States "is the leader of Europe and the leading infidel in the world," said Sher Mohammed, a 40-year-old farmer who suffered a gunshot wound while taking part in the demonstration in the city of Qalat.

Full Story

Now thats funny so were the leader of Europe go figure.

Propaganda won't be too hard if governments decide to start...

The ones who are doing this are... we'll say evil, the ones who arenÔÇÖt, arenÔÇÖt. The ones who condone the actions are A) Lazy and B) Bastards and the ones who don't, arenÔÇÖt.

Labelling a bunch of people because of what a (obviously vocal) minority is doing is inane.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

THEY ARE TRULY EVIL!!

And there is no doubt of that....

How many people have to be beheaded on video, how many innocents need to be killed by suicide bombers, how many churches and synogogues burned etc, before you come to that realization?

Don't answer that...

Jaguar.. you should already know that Liberals HATE the truth, if you try and present facts they'll come back and say it's a conspiracy..

To be honest:

WE go into Afgan and take out the Taliban

WE go into Iraq and take out a terrorist dictator

WE go into Afgan and anniligate Al Quada

And THIS is how we are rewarded? With flag burning, America soldiers being killed?

In my opinion, Afganistan has EARNED the right to be nuked. Iraq, from what I've read from the NON-LIBERAL MEDIA, is thankful for us taking Saddam out of power.

And this little display from those terrorist's have just proven my point

Military base - RESTRICTED TERRITORY

You come on, you deserve to be shot, I wish our boy's had just aimed a little better, then that farmer would've been killed, and no I wouldn't fell bad, because they DESERVED IT, by TRESSPASSING ON A MILITARY BASE.

In my opinion this whole cartoon mess is a reflection of the collision between our and arabi culture. This kind of events will occur as long as there isn't effective global culture, which will smoothen the differences between these semiglobal systems.

Imagine world as a composion of global systems, those of artificial and those of natural. Cultural systems, which consists different beliefs, symbolic categories and such immaterial humane institutes is an artificial system because it didn't exist before man(all natural systems existed before and without man). All of the global systems are composisions of smaller systems that rather are local systems. These local systems gives inputs and outputs to the upper level global systems and global systems will give outputs and inputs again to the local systems. Low and high level systems cannot usually communicate directly with each others, instead their inputs and outputs have to go through various translating processess of the systems between them.

Inputs(or feedbacks from other systems) can be either positive or negative. Positive feedback causes change in system while negative feedback tends to conservate the system.

In my view there are various global systems(natural: geological-and biological-; artificial: economic-, political-, cultural- and media systems). One can debate whether there is a working global cultural system yet as there isn't one regonized 'worldculture'. But there certainly are values that are regonized globally by various people. These values will eventually give enough positive feedback on currently forming global culture. Now this mohammed-cartoon mess is giving negative feedback on the system, keeping it as it used to be; the christian and muslim worlds should stay separated. It feeds the fears and prejudices between these two semiglobal cultures.

I'm not sure why I write this, but this is the viewpoint from where I look this mess.

-v

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Zone-H said some hackers left moderate messages
but many called for a violent response to the cartoons' publication.

just goes to prove that most of these people arent mentally mature enough to deal with this. there are non violent ways to protest...

when someone offends me, i dont kill them... but then again i have a brain and use common sense. i dont push my way of living on anyone else... i dont go around with a gun saying "live like i do or ill pop a cap in your ass"

i mean wtf is with these nekulturny barbarians...

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

quote:

Zone-H said some hackers left moderate messages
but many called for a violent response to the cartoons' publication.

just goes to prove that most of these people arent mentally mature enough to deal with this. there are non violent ways to protest...

when someone offends me, i dont kill them... but then again i have a brain and use common sense. i dont push my way of living on anyone else... i dont go around with a gun saying "live like i do or ill pop a cap in your ass"

i mean wtf is with these nekulturny barbarians...

I don't know what their fricking problem is, but they had better grow out of it quickly, because it could bring on a war that would make WWII look like a picnic, and the atrocities would be even worse then in that one, if you can imagine that...

We didn't even print the cartoons, in fact the mainline media has been falling head over heals to censor them when displayed... so you get this nice blotch of pizels up there that serves no real purpose...

Can we get france to nuke Iran, I think it'll solve some problems and save us money

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Can we get france to nuke Iran, I think it'll solve some problems and save us money

ROFL!!! Wouldn't that be funny?

and yeah, it would save a couple of million at least, those ICBM's are EXPENSIVE!! LOL