Storm grows over Mohammad cartoons

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Yeah, I can't figure why we keep getting blamed when europeans do things

lol who else are they going to blame? they certainly wont blame themselves... it takes courage and responsibility to do that. the only country with any intestinal fortidude across the pond is england...

its when crap like this happens, and other countries blame us for their own mismanagement, that i really laugh, and think i would be talking to them in german now instead of english...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that we should try to find a logical reason of the behavior in the middle-east at the moment.

I think that it's not about the cartoon, it's not about what the US & coalition did in Afghanistan or Iraq, but about the old-fashioned dictatorships of the middle-east trying to hold the power by creating a common enemy, the wester-style society. That plus the people being desperate of living in such a strict environment.

No matter if we all begged on our knees and apologized for our way of living being different than their restricted society concept, it still wouldn't matter. They only hear what their censorship lets through, so no matter what WE do, the people still makes up their mind based on what info they receive. So I don't think it will matter even if we in Denmark introduce death penalty for drawing Mohammed.

Well, thats my opinion anyway.

Guest Remo Williams

cleric announced a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist

Like we didn't know this would be coming from the religion of peace and tolerance yet again.

So why is it when Islam insults Christianity and Judaism that we donÔÇÖt destroy their Embassies or kill innocent people. Instead we choose to ignore their ignorance and religious immaturity. I guess itÔÇÖs just like any other religion there a billion that call themselves Muslims but in actuality there are very few true Muslims.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Can we get france to nuke Iran, I think it'll solve some problems and save us money

Yeah, if France had the capability to do ANYTHING we'd all be screwed. They'd probably misfire and hit New York or maybe Berlin to get back for old vengeance in WWII.

...Or they'd just hit themselves and save us the small amount of money it would cost to invade them in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this mohammed-insanity have spread into the city where I live. Certain magazine's webpages published some mohammed cartoons(where some dude had some funny conversations with imaginary mohammed), and those webpages were shut down almost immediately, that guy responsible for publishing were kicked off his post. Sick.

Were there once a myth called freedom of speech or expression?

I don't believe this. Those behind the decision of shutting down the web page and resigning the supervisor should be taken behind the barn and shot in the neck!

Actually, there were huge(huge in the scale of small finnish city) depate over the issue. And there were also a public demonstration of opinion against limiting the freedom of expression and speech. We shall see if the dude gets his post back.

One have to bear in mind that all this regulation weren't from Finnish goverment which remained outsider in this quarrel. This all just shows how good finns are to selfregulate their behaviour. A skill that we learned in influence of Soviet Union.

I think we need US to bring us freedom!

-v

PS. In my opinion, those fundamuslims are like kids next to the candyshelf. They'll cry 'till they get their will done. West should never give in it's freedom of speech, then it'll give away it's freedom(of everything).

It's my understanding that for Christians, taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin. For Islam, presenting images of Mohammed is a sin. For Christians, if someone DOES take the Lord's name in vain, it's ÔÇ£I pray for their soulsÔÇØ. My impression is that images of Mohammed are not tolerated in Islam-land. ÔÇ£Stop sinning or we'll kill you, as you are obviously the devil.ÔÇØ

Americans (me included) believe in free speech. If I wish to make fun of Mohammed or Jehovah, that's up to me and I'll do as I like. That's freedom. What I don't think is right is going to a neighbor's house, full of Mohammed worshipers and showing them this cool cartoon I found and expect them not to get angry.

Any religion that forces me (a follower of that religion) to forcibly eradicate those who don't believe what I believe in can go to hell.

Personally, I think the human race is a bit immature to handle freedom. Just too dumb, ya know?

I wouldnÔÇÖt mind a WWIII. Go ahead, wipe us all out. That way I wouldnÔÇÖt have to worry about stuff like taxes and trying to decide what to do about people who make millions of dollars a year and laugh as children die from starvation. (what, theyÔÇÖre NOT insane? please.)