Another military intervention?

v01i0

It'll never happen. However, the govt. does run these routine scenarios routinely so that they don't get caught with their pants down.

If Bush even thinks of going into Iran, it will be the worst thing since Iraq.

I don't even think Israel is brave - or crazy - enough to even consider it. Iran is a melting pot that could trigger WWIII.

The best that Bush (or the next pres) can hope for, is to destabilize the govt. and oust the current radicals. Unfortunately, there isn't much of that in Iran, so this is highly unlikely. Heck, the opposition in Iraq couldn't pull it off. So it is highly unlikely that any such movement in Iran could.

If anyone thinks Israel will sit idly by while Iran, their evil neighbor who has called for Israel's utter annihilation, develops the very weapon that will do just that, you may just be nuttier than a fruitcake.

In this case the U.S. may not have to do much. I believe that if it was necessary, the U.S. would take action against Iran, and be successful, but I think Israel will most likely end up doing most of the heavy lifting.

There is not going to be a war. At least not in the remainder of the prezidents term. i dont beleive that Iran will push this very far and wont certainly make nukes after what just happened to Iraq. I think the US has every right to plan for a worst case scenario though. This is a terrorist haven like Iraq and nukes getting into their hands would not be good. escpecially since many hiding ex-iraqi regime members are now in iran.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Don't know if they are bold enough to bomb a fully operational nuclear plant.

during the 6 day war they launched a pre-emptive strike, took on 4 countries, and took the west bank, the gaza strip and the golan heights... if thats not bold, i dont know what is

quote:

France Accuses Iran of Making Nuclear Arms

Now what is France going to do about it?

surrender?