Unified World Order? Will it ever occur?

Right now its just a science-fiction future, but do you think it will ever be possible to someday create a society that spans the entire earth, where all cultures and ideas can be together peacefully (for the most part). At this point in time it seems a ways off, but I beleive it will one day be possible. I think this is the key to solving all the worldwide problems we face these days and also the next step for the human race towards becoming what it should be. I know it sounds strange, but what are your thoughts.

Yes, and it is a lot about eqaulity and understanding for others as well. We may never reach this state at the natural rate we are at, simply because factors such as nationalism, self-centeredness, and isolation will keep the world apart. The only way I could see this coming about in any time soon would be through some terrible global catastrophe, and we would hope that doesnt happen. I beleive the only logical idea would be to slowly integrate peices together, like a puzzle. In a physical sense, we would need to combine nations and areas of similar characteristics based on government, relgion, culture, or common problem. Then from there, assuming it is ever reached, we could begin to assimilate each together and diffuse them, logically under the same government. And so on and so forth... A bit of a stretch but by all means doable- it just takes the right people with the most willpower.

It goes against ALL human nature.

We are a selfish race, and it goes in this order.

Yourself

your family

your neighborhood

your city

your county

your state

your country

then MAYBE the world.

If there is not something in it for me, or my family, then most likely I won't be interested, this is a fact.

The needs of the one, outweigh the needs of the few or the whole.

THAT is human nature.

We are NOT insects, we are a competitive, combative, and selfish species, there is NO way around that, and if your system does not take this basic human nature into account, then your system will FAIL.

People.. with the way humanity has been handling itself lately.. we'll all be DEAD before 2050. I'm sorry to say that, but just look around: Religions are constantly killing each other, other people are constantly fighting, gang wars are still going, politition's are more concerned about money than they are about the people they serve. So unless we can fix ALL those problems, I highly DOUBT we'll have a UWO.

Guest Remo Williams

The only way I see it happening is if we are attacked by another world, such as the Gammulans. LOL! Then maybe, besides that itÔÇÖs not likely to happen.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

The only way I see it happening is if we are attacked by another world, such as the Gammulans. LOL! Then maybe, besides that itÔÇÖs not likely to happen.

I almost wish we were sometimes. Quality space combat- and not in a video game...

Jag has point when he says that individual needs should be noted when planning a larger entity.

By taking notice on that, humankind posses the potential to act together for a common goal(providing they don't kill themselves before that, as said above).

-v

PS.

quote:

Originally posted by The Black Ghost

I almost wish we were sometimes. Quality space combat- and not in a video game...

Yeah, like Ender's Game-style. Or then we just have to stage the attack by ourselves.

..And that wouldn't be first time, would it?