Penn and Teller on Gun control

Thanks for the clip.

Anyway,

Mable Murray and Jackie Mason for the win in that clip.

I so love those guys. No matter what show of theirs I watch, they always take the BS out of BS.

This gun control is on the same level as the smoking ban laws. Just more laws for the government to control it's citizens and not the other way around. Sheeple need to wake up.

I'll have more to add as this thread unfolds.

Let's examine gun Control.

The key word is control and there are more politicians who get a woody over that word than there should be.

Way past time to tell them that I have weapons, ammo, and one vote. Keep pushing me with more BS laws that are designed to instill fear for the purp[ose of control, guess which one of those three items am I going to be inclined to use?

Even rocks are dangerous if you bash it into someone's head. Even tho guns are part of the problem, they are not the problem. Medicines can kill as they can heal, it's double edged sword.

Maybe the right to own gun needs to be removed from known criminals(those of convicted from violency)? Thats all you need?

-v

Felons can not own guns legally.

Most of the crimes commited with guns are commited by criminals, with guns that have been stolen or bought off the street.

Then there are some accidents that you always hear about. What you don't hear about is accidents that happen with knives, ect... If statistics were pulled from emergency rooms, I am sure that injury accidents from objects other than guns by far outnumber gun related ones.

What you do not hear about is how many lives have been saved because of a citizen that had a gun, how many burglaries have been prevented, ect...

Just face it. Gun is a tool. A much more efficient one compared to a knife or a club or a rock. Police are there AFTER the crime has been commited, not before. It is YOU who is there when the crime is being commited, and you have an option of either being a passive victim, hoping for the best, or you can be involved and be in control of your own defense. Given a choice of defending yourself with a baseball bat or a gun, a gun is ALWAYS better/safer for you, regardless if the criminal/s are armed or not.

It's a simple matter. If someone breaks into your house, your safety and the safety of your family is threatened. Most people would want to protect their family. Now, of course if the situation dictates physicall violence, you use the best tool available to you, at least for your own safety if nothing else. People who are conserned for the safety/well being of a criminal have obviously never encountered a life threatining situation, or are one of those "deer in a headlight" type of people who have no instincts to self preservation.

[ 04-10-2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Soback ]